Sea Breeze Fresh-Clean Astringent, Sensitive Skin

Sea Breeze Fresh-Clean Astringent, Sensitive Skin

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Alcohol Denat, Glyerin, Benzoic Acid, Camphor, Clove oil, Eucalyptus Globulous oil, Fragrance, FD&C Blue No1

on 8/4/2016 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

How is this for sensitive skin? It will strip the heck out of any oil on your face. Youch!

on 4/26/2016 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you have sensitive skin, I wouldn't recommend you use neither one of the Sea Breeze astringent. Any toner containing alcohol in it isn't good for sensitive skin. I read and saw so many reviews on this products and heard about this being a nostalgic products and decided to get it. The min I used this on my face, a burning sensation happened and I had to immediately go wash my face. Never again.

To Read all 36 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/22/2016 2:51:00 AM

i am almost done with my first bottle of this. this is an amazing drugstore find, i have the occasional hormonal breakouts, bc honestly who doesn't. this dries out the area just enough and doesn't leave that too tight feeling that most toners with high alcohol content do. my forehead has some uneven texture and i think that this helps smooth it out. i have it on the on the bridge between my eyebrows as well but in weary of using it on that area bc too much can sting eyes, so maybe a cotton swab dabbed with this can give me a more targeted application. this is such a good product I will continue to repurchase this. also i use this to clean my glasses when it gets super oily that wont come off with soap and water and it cuts through it with no effort at all and makes it super clean again

I have dermatits on my forehead, it appears as a layer of thick scaly texture, not attractive at all. it is more apparent in the week leading up to my cycle, but after a swipe of this on my forehead, it seems to have made my issue significantly improve.
I went to the dr abt my problem and she told me that my issue will sometimes improve and worsen on its own, regardless of what I do
it might also be a build up of oil in addition to hormones but it does seem to improve and kept at bay when I used it the past week so because of that I will continue to use this.
I love how affordable it is.

i find this to be pretty gentle despite how much alcohol is in this, and it is amazing to see how well it cuts through oil buildup,

i alternate between this and the dickinsons' brand of witch hazel

makes skin red and raw.ūüėĎ

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff is hardcore for if u have extremely tuff oily acnegenic broken out skin. Do not use on certain blemishes w/o being aware that using on raw open blemishes will irritate skin & burn like a mofo from the alcohol (ouch) so it's painful if applied to something freshly "drained" (trying to be polite...I really mean "fooled w/" in the manner of popped/picked at!). It will however, dry it out help it heal ASAP & kill it. I recently had to clear up a break out after what I'm not exactly sure what of tbh but I had my 1st "whitehead" (ew. IKR), in over ten years but I had broken out kray kray. I hadn't used this in awhile but it's good stuff! I've now been using Noxzema adult acne products more regularly to keep under control after slacking off because the Seabreeze is quite drying for cold weather, but half a dozen 1 or the other a lot of DS anti blemish toners/pads contain SD alcohol & Salicylic acid in varying strengths but SeaBreeze, Noxzema pads or Dickensens witch hazel are the only DS toners I can use on a regular basis...& I cleanse my face AM w Noxzema the regular one or elf daily cleanser, scrub a cpl x a week & a light moisturizer AM/PM besides. I take off my makeup PM w a Magic Eraser cloth. SeaBreeze is awesome for summer!!

on 11/12/2014 2:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is an Old School staple! Hands down this is one of the best astringents you can purchase. Don't get wrong, I love my Thayers rose toner, but I use it when my skin is feeling "pretty". Now when my skin is bumpy and feeling icky I break out the Sea Breeze, it gets the job done and dries everything up. Its only a few bucks so you can't go wrong, try it out.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Me: 22-year-old w/ oily, acne-prone, (very) sensitive skin

I use both Sensitive Skin Astringent by Sea Breeze & itís an unbelievably amazing part of my daily skincare routine. I have been using it for almost a year now & itís the only astringent Iíll even touch. Some people are going to think it is gross, but I donít wash my face during the day because my skin is just too sensitive. If I washed my face twice a day (morning & night), I would get way too dry & thatís painful for me. What I do instead is dampen a cotton round with a little bit of product & cleanse my face for the day. At nighttime, Iíll apply it again after I wash my face & all of the oil & dirt that built up through the day really comes off. Itís also great the removing leftover foundation makeup that was remaining that washing my face didnít remove. I donít feel like my face is really fresh until I cleanse with this stuff.

I highly recommend this astringent if you have sensitive skin like me & need something that wonít over-dry your face. I removed one lipstick not because of the product or its effectiveness, but because of the overly-minty smell. Itís not bad, itís just overwhelming. Iím a prescription contact lens wearer with sensitive eyes & the smell irritates my eyes if overdone. If this didn't have fragrance I would definitely give it five lipsticks.

Note: Sensitive Skin Astringent isnít expensive at $3-4 at stores like Kmart, Walgreens, CVS, etc. but I pick it & Deep Clean Astringent up for $1 at Dollar Tree. Check your local dollar stores first!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Fantastic! Key thing here ladies and gentlemen! No matter what you do with your skin you HAVE to kill germs! That is the root of bad acne problems. Whether it is with this product or another, kill germs! This does wonders! I have used it for a long time religiously. Never had any horrible break outs. For extra benefit I use it twice a day, morning and night. I feel fresh and clean. Do not over use it because it will dry out your skin if you do so. Will buy it over and over again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've tried all 3 versions. The yellow, purple, and this one is blue. I realized I can't use anything with salicylic acid in it so I can't use the other ones. I've used this for awhile but to be honest even the sensitive skin version is pretty harsh. There's a lot of alcohol in this, and menthol. It gives you that tingling feeling and turns my face pretty red. I will not use this anymore as I find that there are much much better toners for your skin out there without alcohol which strips the skin. This is too irritating. Maybe okay to use once in awhile.