J Del Pozo in White

J Del Pozo in White

I bought this because I read on Fragrantica that this perfume is similar to Diors Pure Poison. I own PP and I would say yes, it is similar to Pure Poison in that it has similar notes but there are some differences, but if you like PP I think people would like this because it does share the same vibe that's for sure. If you like white florals this is an excellent scent imo it's light, fresh, sweet but not overbearing, and soft not screechy. I myself love white florals like Jasmine and Gardenia so this is right up my alley. Here are the notes as per Fragrantica:

Top: Bergamont, bamboo leaf, Lemmon blossom
Middle: Egyptian Jasmine, orange blossom, magnolia, orchid,white freesia, and almond blossom
Base: Iris, musk, powdery notes

So this is similar in some aspects to PP but as one can see this has more going on in terms of notes. Also this is an edt and Diors is an edp. I think think In White stands on its own though because it really is a pretty scent similar or not to Dior. It has moderate sillage and I get compliments on this too. It leaves a nice scent trail but nothing too overbearing. It doesn't last as long as other perfumes I have but I'd say it lasted a good 6 hours before I applied more. Also this scent is super inexpensive I bought the 3.5 edt for around 20$ so not bad. I did blind buy this because of all the reviews saying how similar it is to Pure Poison and I think it is a safe blind buy if you do like PP or white florals with some citrus and musk mixed in.

I really like the skin scent this turns into. It's soft, semi sweet, the powder scent is so pretty to me. I'm really happy I purchased this and will be buying a backup as I really enjoy this and I think it's great for days when it's sunny and warm. I also like to wear this out of the shower and before bed. I'm so happy I found it! The bottle is kinda cool it's interesting to say the least and I like the big white orb it is. So all and all a great fragrance for me it's really a nice musky white flower scent with some nice citrus thrown in.

Really good and it's a great alternative to Pure Poison I can say it smells similar but I wouldn't call it a dupe. Though if you like Dior you could like this as well but I would say if you are not a white floral lover in general get a sample of this. Also if you're not a musk fan sampling might be a good idea. I personally really like it and will repurchase. :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really disliked this scent. I bought it because I heard it was a dupe for Poison, but to me it smells like a synthesized version of Poison w/ a heavy added detergent note.

In the name of experiment, my friend also gave it a try that has very different tastes/chemistry (a great lover of spices and orientals), and she said it gave her a nasty headache & a detergent note. :X
continued >>

on 9/18/2008 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Got a generous sample of this from a local department store when I was looking for something new & fresh. For reference I'm a heavy Chanel user - Coco/Coco Mlle/Allure. The SA recommended J Del Pozo in White so I spritzed a little and then she made me a generous sample to take home. It's floral with some spice and musk. Not overly heavy floral, but on me you can definitely smell magnolia & jasmine. It's nice & feminine - could be used for daytime as long as you're light handed with the sprayer and it will make a nice evening date-night scent. Reminds me of Poison but not nearly as cloying. It's not a jeans/sweatshirt kind of fresh/floral scent, more of a pretty dress kind of scent. I'm not overly excited about the bottle it's in, it seemed kind of hard to handle being round & wide but it's certainly different. I would buy if I could find it duty free at the airport or discount fragrance mart but it's not going to be a HG for me.

This is a really beautiful perfume. My friends and I went to a department store recently that was having a special fragrance event. Everywhere we turned someone handed us something to sniff. One of my friends, who has difficult skin chemistry and has trouble finding a scent that doesn't turn on her, took one whiff of this and fell in love (so did I). 10 minutes later we were still loving it so she tried it on. It smelled so beautiful on her and it didn't turn for the entire night. She went back and snagged this perfume.

I got a sample, too, and tried it out today. Gorgeous! I've actually smelled something similar to this but I can't remember what it was. At any rate, this is a great, feminine, romantic scent that, when spritzed lightly, is good for daytime and can really be a gorgeous evening perfume. I hope my friend gets tired of it - I want it for myself!

Popular Fragrances