The Body Shop Shea Body Butter

The Body Shop Shea Body Butter
Shea Body ButterNo Title

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

from Amazon.com: Water (Solvent/Diluent), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) (Emollient), Cocoa (Theobroma Cacao) Butter (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Babassu (Orbignya Oleifera) Oil (Emollient), Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), F D & C Yellow No 5 (Colour).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Creams and body lotions don't work on my skin, i need coconut, olive or almond oil. But doesn't last for more than an hour. I have extremely dry skin, it drinks away any oil i feed it. To my rescue i found the body shop Shea body butter, which is meant for very dry skin.

I've been using it for about 6 years now. Great texture stays for the entire day, smells great.
Tried to switch to another brand but nothing works like this.

Pros

Great for Dry Skin
Hydrating
Stays all day
Smells good
Tub like packaging hence easy to use and you can use the last drop of product

Cons

Pricey (But worth it)
The package should be sealed, currently you can just rotate the lid and open to view the product at the store and chose not to take it

Its a great product, i think you should get the Shea butter only if you have very dry skin, if not you have variety that you can choose from based on your skin type.

on 12/29/2018 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 10/10

I love this body butter! It's super moisturising and smells good without the overpowering fruity smell some Body Shop products have. You dont need to use much because it's so thick, so it lasts ages.

I will repurchase this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff! It smells fantastic! It's so fresh and clean, but not overpowering. I could wear this under any of my perfumes without any problems. It leaves my skin so moisturized, but dries quickly so there's no oily residue. It's amazing! I apply this after I shower, particularly to my more dry spots. I always feel great afterwards. I will definitely repurchase this.

on 5/20/2018 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

The best body moisturizer I've ever tried. Leaves my dry, sensitive skin as soft as a baby's bottom. I don't LOVE the scent but it's not bad and it doesn't linger. For a body butter it absorbs pretty quickly and isn't greasy. Cruelty free, decent price - great buy all around.

on 12/30/2017 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

To me, this smells really bad, especially after it's been on for a while: it smells like cheap stale cologne. Frankly, I don't like any of the body butter scents, and can only use the unscented (Aloe) one.

on 6/4/2017 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

HG. Pricey but sooo worth it! I used to struggle with dark spots on my knees due to dry skin. I've used this product daily for almost two months and the dark spots are pretty much gone! No other lotion did the trick in the past. I just ordered two more tubs.

on 3/25/2017 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have purchased this body butter many times. It's a HG item. First of all I am in love with the Body Shop Shea butter smell. It smells so clean and not overpowering at all. The cream is rich and comes in an abundant sized tub. I use it after my shower and it just melts right in without leaving you feeling greasy or sticky. Did I mention the smell is divine?? Yes, yes I did! It's not as moisturizing as my 100% Pure Shea Butter by L'Occitane but that Shea butter is very greasy and I usually only use it at night. The Body Shop Body butter is a good daily product because it isn't as messy. I Love it and recommend it!

This does absolutely nothing for my hands. It makes my hands drier, my cuticles a lot drier, and bleed. Prior to using this, my hands were soft and had zero issues with dryness. I have been using about 4 times a day for a week, and just threw the rest in the garbage can. Waste of money. Zero stars, if possible.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Used this on winter time and I loved it. It's deeply moisturizing, glides on effortlessly and sinks in. It does have a sweetish perfume to it which some people might find heavy. When used in conjunction with their Shea Body Scrub, you get a silky smooth skin. Just be cautious if you're acne-prone because this is heavily saturated in oils.

on 2/11/2016 10:43:00 AM

I bought this body butter out of curiosity. It's a very thick consistency body moisturizer, beautifully scented. The scent lingers all day long but that was no problem for me. My problem with this product is that I cannot stand its stickyness... I tried using a tiny bit, nothing; I tried rubbing it for a longer time on the skin, nothing; it's always there, on top of my skin, sticking on my pyjamas and on my clothes all day long...that is the obvious reason why I will never ever repurchase this product.