The Body Shop Shea Body Butter

The Body Shop Shea Body Butter
Shea Body ButterNo Title

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

from Amazon.com: Water (Solvent/Diluent), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) (Emollient), Cocoa (Theobroma Cacao) Butter (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Babassu (Orbignya Oleifera) Oil (Emollient), Beeswax (Emulsifier/Emollient), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Caramel (Colour), F D & C Yellow No 5 (Colour).

on 6/4/2017 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

HG. Pricey but sooo worth it! I used to struggle with dark spots on my knees due to dry skin. I've used this product daily for almost two months and the dark spots are pretty much gone! No other lotion did the trick in the past. I just ordered two more tubs.

on 3/25/2017 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have purchased this body butter many times. It's a HG item. First of all I am in love with the Body Shop Shea butter smell. It smells so clean and not overpowering at all. The cream is rich and comes in an abundant sized tub. I use it after my shower and it just melts right in without leaving you feeling greasy or sticky. Did I mention the smell is divine?? Yes, yes I did! It's not as moisturizing as my 100% Pure Shea Butter by L'Occitane but that Shea butter is very greasy and I usually only use it at night. The Body Shop Body butter is a good daily product because it isn't as messy. I Love it and recommend it!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Used this on winter time and I loved it. It's deeply moisturizing, glides on effortlessly and sinks in. It does have a sweetish perfume to it which some people might find heavy. When used in conjunction with their Shea Body Scrub, you get a silky smooth skin. Just be cautious if you're acne-prone because this is heavily saturated in oils.

This does absolutely nothing for my hands. It makes my hands drier, my cuticles a lot drier, and bleed. Prior to using this, my hands were soft and had zero issues with dryness. I have been using about 4 times a day for a week, and just threw the rest in the garbage can. Waste of money. Zero stars, if possible.

on 2/11/2016 10:43:00 AM

I bought this body butter out of curiosity. It's a very thick consistency body moisturizer, beautifully scented. The scent lingers all day long but that was no problem for me. My problem with this product is that I cannot stand its stickyness... I tried using a tiny bit, nothing; I tried rubbing it for a longer time on the skin, nothing; it's always there, on top of my skin, sticking on my pyjamas and on my clothes all day long...that is the obvious reason why I will never ever repurchase this product.

on 2/4/2016 12:17:00 AM

The BEST body butter ever for dry, itchy cold winter skin. The moisture sinks in and lasts so well, that when I take my bath 24 hours later, I actually feel how velvety my legs still feel so many hours after application. Not overly fond about the smell initially, but as it sinks into my skin it kind of synergizes with my body and it develops into something else, a more intimate and friendly scent. I especially love the fact that it`s being sold into larger tubs now, at least in Japan, so I don`t have to keep running back to the Body Shop store every few weeks. Too heavy to use in summer, but then I do switch to something lighter then.

on 2/3/2016 6:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

My fav TBS body butter and I have tried many. Coconut is greasy, like bathing in oil, bleah, olive is great but smells like you rolled in grass for hours. Shea is perfection: sinks right in, no sticky residue, and smells amazing. It absorbes very fast but also does a good job at moisturizing

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For its thickness, and considering it contains shea butter, I thought this body butter would be more moisturising. It ended up being an ok product which takes a while to spread and absorb, so not very good for mornings. I also didn't like the smell at all, smells cheap and synthetic in that annoying way when a brand seems to want to pull off the 'hey look, this cream smells like this because it has shea butter in it'. I also find all the Body Shop body butters to be extremely overpriced. Won't buy again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this along with the coconut one but I've just used the latter until yesterday. It's amazing & I love it! It moisturizes well and absorbed quickly into skin. It's not as sticky as the coconut one and I like it that way.

on 11/3/2015 12:11:00 PM