Clinique 3 Step System

Clinique 3 Step

2.8

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I love following full 'systems' but this one was not created for maturer skin types. I think I need to stick with estee lauder and other brands from now on! Skin was too dry using the clarifying lotion. I followed the 3 steps for over 40 days in April and my skin became overly sensitive.

So I've always heard about this amazing product called Clinique ! My best friends mom in high school always bought Clinique makeup and I thought " wow she's just waisting her money when she can use drug store makeup or something less expensive" until one day I walked into my local Stage dept store . Not until recently ( I am now 21) my face gets really broken out when I put any makeup on my face and neck !! I'm into a lot of name brand stuff now (Mac,Michael Kors, etc.)... well I passed up all the name brand counters with their own line of makeup and other products . My face was really broken out and I was ashamed and I seen this 3 step face wash set with a mini set included it was about 70 bucks with tax included and retail price would actually be 99 bucks . Something like that . I thought it was a little pricey but it must work. I got home and unpackaged it . I tried it that day and I love love LOVED the way it made my skin feel after . I could already see some results and I knew this would be my new skin care product for every day use . I've tried EVERYTHING from those bead face washes to charcoal mask and those products worked a little bit this product had me AMAZED. Within two days my acne and scar marks were actually going away and fading . This product is freakin amazing I love the way it makes my skin feel after every wash! It doesn't leave it oily or dry! It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and CLEAN. Like it's supposed to be. My sister thought I just waisted a bunch of money on this product and her skin is just like mine as well. I told her to just give it one try because we have both been battling skin breakout and she is the face product queen . Her bathroom is FULL of every type of skin product you can ask for ! Well she tried it just last night and her results were even better than mine ! It's like a miracle for your face breakout and problems in 3 bottles. It's worth the money you dish out on these products . I will NEVER EVER go back to my old skin care routine or products . Nothing compares to this product . I can say I am so happy with the results and I love waking up and washing my face and washing right before bed because I get to see the results working right in front of my eyes. I can't wait to try many other products by clinique . It is a must have for sure . Trust me you are missing out if you don't have this product and have tried everything like me . I can't stress it enough how bad my acne and breakouts are ! I wish I could thank whoever made this product because it's AWESOME SAUCE!!!! Lolz I read some of the reviews and there's a good bit of people saying it's bad for the skin and it made it worse for them but I honestly think this product is not for everyone only a certain type of skin . I hope everyone finds what works best for them though.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Recieved a generous stack of samples of these and decided to give them a go! My skin is very oily in the T-zone which contantly is an issue with my makeup, leaving me shiny after a few hours. I hoped that this would help me with that, and even out my skin a little bit!

First impression was that the packaging was very neat and user friendly. Step one smelled of alcohol and the smell was not really too pleasant, but did its job well. I do believe it is too expensive for only doing what it does, though, clean. I will keep using another cleanser based on my budget. :--)

Step two is not what I would call a lotion, so am unaware of why it would be marketed as such. It is said to exfoliate and thoroughly clean the skin, although I did not notice too much of a difference from step one, and I don't see why it exfoliates? Then it would be in the way it strips off your oils, which is excessive and harsh in my opinion. It's more of a toner with cleasning properties, and felt like it dried my skin out way too much, was not pleasant but felt ok, not heavy. The instructions clearly says that it does not dry out the skin, but I'm not sure? The texture was just odd at first and too abundant in the alcohol smell, but after application it did feel a lot better. think it is way too harsh and should be used if at all, very sparingly. Paired with step three though, it's ok, but I am skeptical of this formula. In my sample packaging the 'lotion' came on a wipe already, and felt and smelled like a hand-disenfecting wipe. A bit uncomfortable but my skin did feel and look matte and great.

Step three is my favourite and why I am giving this a 3 out of 5. It's wonderful and really works with my combination skin, and has helped my skin moisturize perfectly. Works great during the day and is oil free, super under makeup and makes my skin feel super soft and cared for. Will continue to use for sure as it's sooo light and nice! Love the texture. It does not smell much of anything, which I'd prefer, but that's ok!

I must say though, this three step formula makes my skin feel the softest it has ever been! And my skin has been looking nice and balanced the last 2 weeks. I did break out some at first. The result is wonderful, but I am skeptical of the individual steps as they on their own feel strange to the skin, but hey, it IS a set of products. I just don't want to risk using it forward, as I feel like the step (especially 2) in long term will damage my skin somewhat and strip me excessively of the oils that my skin needs.

I used the dry skin products and wow...this stuff isn't for sensitive skin at all. The moisturizer isn't very moisturizing either (I've gotten better results from drugstore moisturizer). I didn't even finish the product I had; def would not repurchase.

I have very oily skin that can get a little dehydrated especially in the winter. I used this system for a long time swapping out different "numbers" of the products and I have developed an understanding of what works for my skin and what doesn't. - I gave this three stars because of the moisturizing gel. it is the ONLY daytime moisturizer I will use under my makeup. it soaks into my oily skin almost instantly and creates a beautiful soft surface for makeup. it is not moisturizing enough to use at night however, even for me so I need something else for that. I've tried the lotion as well but it doesn't soak into my skin as well and is still not moisturizing enough for a night cream. - the cleanser. I can't use the oily skin one (number 3 I think) It's way too harsh (even for me) but I do like the number 2 although Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin is similar but way cheaper. - The toner. Extremely harsh. No one should use number 3. it's full of alcohol and will strip even the oiliest skin. I got the best results from number 2 but I only used it at MOST once a day and had to take some breaks from it . there are better toners out there. so summary: moisturizing gel: wonderful product for oily skin if used under makeup and not as your night cream. Cleanser ok but overpriced. Toner: no.

on 4/4/2017 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The 3 step system has saved my skin twice now! I first used the anti blemish range a few years ago and got flawless skin and then got cocky and stopped using it. My skin went so bad, and then I remembered this system a year ago. I've been on the type 2 range for over a year now and my skin is totally loving it. No more breakouts or irritations. I now have the routine so well in place that I can now start adding in the other Clinique treatments for bringing out the radiance and reducing dark marks. The price isn't so bad considering how long these products last. And the bonus times make it even more worthwhile:) Will never stray from Clinique again!

on 3/20/2017 9:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've been using the system for 20+ years, and while I've adjusted which formulas I use as my skin ages, I still love it. I have sensitive skin that reacted badly to another system (Artistry...this was back in the 80s), and then I switched to Neutrogena soap which was okay, but my skin felt dry and tight with it.

When I started using Clinique, I suffered from bad acne and while it didn't make me stop breaking out, the pimples I would get cleared up much faster than previously. I used the extra-strength facial soap (bar form), clarifying lotion 2, skin texture lotion (dc), and they also recommended the exfoliating scrub. I had no bad reaction to it, and my skin never felt too dry.

My breakouts stopped over the years, and now I use the mild liquid facial soap (at night only), the clarifying lotion 2, and the moisture surge lotion. I also use the 7-day scrub cream most days in the shower. My skin still loves it; it's soft and moisturized.

This program works for me, and I'll continue to use it.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

i saw a lot of reviews on this product and decided to try it. i used the one for combination/oily skin (no.3) and it did nothing for me. actually it only got worse. The ''toner'' smells like alcohol and bured my sking a bit, so it was instantly irretated and it smelled awful. I was under a lot of stress for months and my sking got worse, so i decided to give it a go since everyone braged about it. i stopped using this after 2 weeks and started doing my old routine again. my skin is now clear and way better than it used to be. I wouldn't reccomend thins product, it just wasn't for me. Also this trio is very expensive and a waste of money

on 1/12/2017 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I noticed a difference in my skin after using this for just a few days. It is pricey, however a little bit of each product goes such a long way. It cleared up my acne, but also gave my skin a brighter appearance and cleared up some of my redness. It's so gentle and makes me excited to wash my face every morning and night! Give this a chance if you're considering it! I dropped all my other products and used these 3 together twice a day without any other products and my skin has seen amazing results! I'm acne-prone, oily, and I'm a teenager...so go get it, because it's totally worth it!

on 12/21/2016 6:01:00 PM

I have been using the three step system for the better part of 15 years. Occasionally I have tried something different but ALWAYS come back to it. Affordable, generous sizes and makes my skin much younger than my actual age

Popular Face Skincare Products