Clinique 3 Step System

Clinique 3 Step System
Clinique 3 Step

2.8

on 12/1/2016 9:07:00 PM

I was a little nervous at first to purchase after reading the reviews. However I love every step! The key to using the 3-Step is :
1.) YOU DO NOT NEED ALOT.
This goes for all 3 steps. I think this is why a lot of people find it drying is because they are using too much product. For the moisturizer and facial soap I can comfortably use 1 pump of each tops. Then for the toner I only need a cotton ball hardly damp with the product and it works great!
2.) Go to the Clinique counter and talk to the worker. I would suggest getting 2 opinions because I went to one counter and the girl suggested no. 2 for me. Then I went to a different Clinique counter a few weeks later and she suggested no.3 for me, which I'm so glad I went with. So overall, I'm very happy w it and don't find it drying at all, just use very lightly.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a good theory: you need 1 cleanser (I double cleanse w the liquid facial soap then the bar soap for oily skin can't say my face isn't clean! Then step 2 the toner/astringent: i use Mild Clarifying Lotion (ask for this, gawd knows why they don't push it as if they want u on 1-2-3-4 but there are other options. I use (why do they call this a lotion!!?) Mild Clarifying "lotion" or their #1 even thou I have extremely oily skin I wore #3 most of my teen years I even tried #4. Don't ever get #4 it should not be sold good way to destroy skin mantle. I know #1 is for dry skin & im very extremely oily but the cleansers help w the oil. Step 3 moisturize: Then I use Dramatically Different Moisturizing GEL 100% oil free. This is my HG combo I also have their moisture surge, TT cream, & pep Start eye cream but Idk i never use use mich. I have the yellow SPF 50 but I never wear it coz I hate how my MU slides all over bit MU father loves Clinique SPF/skin care. I also the eye depuffer roller best eye product ever! I'm working on finishing an anti acne powder fdtn & the acne solutions clinical gel 2% salicylic acid world bombbbb I can't say enuff aboot how this has saved my skin. Avoid the take the day off products coz the solvent wrecked my eye lashes. I'll keep buying except TTDO products // it's not like ofd even very expensive which is awesome!!!

on 9/23/2016 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using the 3 step program for about 5 months now. For the first 3 months it was FANTASTIC. It made my skin feel really clean and clear, I started to wear less make up (which was my goal) and I was getting compliments on my skin. The last 2 months however my combination skin has turned up full volume. My forehead is very oily, my chin and next to my nose is dry and peeling, I have breakouts all over my chin. Now I have to stop using it because its making my skin sore!

Its a shame because I loved it so much but now I can see that it was just slowly stripping away from my face. Its very expensive for a product that I literally can't use until its finished because its hurting my skin so much and making it oily/dry and giving me break out.

Back to the drawing board.

on 8/20/2016 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had heard a lot about the Clinique 3 step and decided to buy it. Wish I hadn't! My skin is normal and I have never suffered from acne, but I wanted that 'glowing clear skin' that I had heard about from this product. Instead it broke me out! I got so many spots, my skin went dry and it was sore! I have never had a reaction like this when using other skin care products in the past,and rarely get spots, so this really shocked me as to how harsh it must be and the ingredients that must be in it! It felt like my skin was burning when I used the clarifying lotion. I wondered if it was just a one off,so after a few weeks I tried it again, and again it broke me out and my face went so dry and sore! Will never purchase again and this has put me off buying Clinique in the future. Real shame because I was excited to try it.

on 8/19/2016 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When I was a teenager, this was my introduction to the world of skincare. I used it faithfully for a year before a dermatologist pointed out to me that the harsh yellow soap was causing my skin to flake, and the SD alcohol in the toner was burning and irritating my skin, contributing to broken capillaries, and the yellow moisturizer was clogging my pores and exacerbating my acne. If anything, it made my skin worse.

Here are the gentle, water soluble cleansers that work for me. They leave my skin clean without stripping it, and they do not cause me grief: Eucerin Gentle Hydrating Cleanser, Olay Foaming Face Wash for Sensitive Skin, First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser, Paula's Choice Resist Perfectly Balanced Cleanser, CLEAR Pore Normalizing Cleanser (great for reducing breakouts), and La Roche Posay Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cream. Of these, the Paula's Choice brand is entirely cruelty free and vegan, and bears the Leaping Bunny logo. Some of the other brands I mentioned are not cruelty free, in case that is a factor in your buying decision. (To keep up with changes in company policies, Cruelty Free Kitty is a good online resource.)

For toner, I recommend avoiding alcohol entirely, even if you have very oily skin. My favorite Paula's Choice toners are Resist Weightless Advanced Repairing Toner, Resist Daily Pore Refining Treatment 2% BHA, the Calm Redness Relief Toners, and the Skin Balancing Toner. I also had good luck with Kate Somerville's Clarifying Treatment Toner. Some people find that they don't need toner to be part of their skin care routine. I find it refreshing and a good way to ensure that I've successfully removed all my makeup in the evening. If I've missed a spot, it will show up on the cotton. However, I don't consider toner to be a necessary step.

My combination to oily skin doesn't need a lot of moisturizer, but when I do, these are the ones I like to use: Paula's Choice Calm Redness Relief Moisturizer for normal to oily skin, Resist Clear Skin Hydrator, and PC4Men Nighttime Repair. On rare occasions, when my skin is very dry, I've used Aveeno Eczema Therapy, which contains collodial oatmeal and is a wonderful eye cream for sensitive lids. For a more luxurious option, Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Eye Rescue reduces surface redness and puffiness.

In my experience, these products have outperformed the Clinique 3 Step System. Obviously, you don't need to try them all. I agree with Clinique in theory that most of the time all you need is one good cleanser, one good toner (although this is optional), and a nice moisturizer that doesn't clog pores. However, in the Clinique skin care line, there are only a few products I like. They are: Mild Clarifying Lotion, Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser, and Clinique For Men UV Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 50. They really hit a home run with that sunscreen. It's good for sensitive skin and it doesn't feel greasy.

However, because Clinique is not cruelty free, I feel better about buying skin care from Paula's Choice. With that line, I'm able to keep my skin clear, even-toned, and healthy, a far cry from how my skin looked when I used that awful yellow soap.

on 7/9/2016 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is absolutely terrible. Put it this way, it ruined my skin, and turned me off Clinique for a decade!

I tried it when I was 17 and a poor university student. Due to stress, I broke out in acne. A sales rep from Clinique sold me one of their 3 step treatments. This was the most expensive purchase of my life at that stage.

It used to come in a soap bar (now it's liquid). This stuff was harsh. I mean, oil stripping harsh. Then the toner was full of alcohol. Yes, it tightened my pores, but they both stripped my skin completely. The moisturiser didn't do anything.

Within an hour after use, my entire face would become a mess of grease and oil. My once moderate acne became SEVERE. You could cook an egg on my face. I tried this for at least a month. My self confidence plummeted.

I absolutely do not recommend the 3 step system. Save your money. Try benzyl peroxide (it comes in multiple different strengths) and can be purchased at the chemist/pharmacy. Try salicylic acid, glycol acid or retinoic acid. Use a good sunscreen because they can all make your skin photosensitive. And if these don't work, see a doctor for oral antibiotics, the oral contraceptive pill (for hormonal acne in girls) or Roccutane if severe and resistant.

Don't waste your money!

And if it is just a good skin care regime you are after: currently I use a vitamin C toner with witch hazel (approx $15), a serum (vit c 20% min, hyaluronic acid, salicylic acid 2.5% and retinoic acid) for approx $22 by a company called Instanatural (I am NOT affiliated). My moisturiser is $20 for a large tub by Etude House. I would highly recommend this combination!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This was the first skin care treatment I ever used (more than 20 years ago), and it's exactly the same except it used to come with a bar and now comes with a liquid cleanser.

I no longer use this as I currently use Pond's, which has been a lifesaver for my dry skin! But back when I had uncontrollable oily skin as a teenager, this cleansing system was exactly what I needed.

It's embarrassing to walk around with acne, especially when you're a teenager because you think everyone is staring at your acne rather than just looking at YOU as a person.

That's why products like this are essential to a teen's life, and I'm so glad that it was able to help me. This was before Proactiv came out on the market, which I still think should only be used for the worst acne cases. If you just have mild acne, this system is gentler and just as effective.

Cleared my skin amazingly

on 6/14/2016 11:08:00 PM

I know there are a lot of bad reviews, but this stuff has changed my skin. It was dull, flaky, covered in blackheads and uneven dead skin patches,, that despite a natural skincare regime... just persisted. Now my face is as smooth as silk. At least 50% reduction in blackheads in one month, and totally smooth for my light makeup applications. I used the 3-step system years ago but stopped because it isn't all natural and I wasn't using the right type. I need the sensitive skin line. Well... It turns out... my face feels and looks better and WAY younger with these products. I won't leave Clinique again! And the price is a steal just get the promotional box sets and you are good to go :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My skin is usually fairly clear with a few spots. I bought this and I swear it brought out a ton of pimples and acne. I figured this was just to start and pulling to the surface but it got worse and worse for the month that I rode this out. My pores looked bad and face was irritated the whole time. Do not buy!

Popular Face Skincare Products