Clinique 3 Step System

Clinique 3 Step

2.8

on 6/10/2018 6:41:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I only liked the mild liquid facial soap, I was not so happy with the other 2 products. I actually hoped for a better quality with these products. It's not one of the Skincare Set that I would buy again, it needs a lot of improving and it seems just too basic.

on 5/26/2018 12:36:00 AM

The less gentle and less interesting skincare regime ever. Soap is acceptable ok, but there are far nicer ones. Lotion is a crime against skin, no matter which strength; a bottle of alcohol and witchhazel sold as something fancy and dermatology approved... yes sir! Then comes this yellow stuff referred to as DDML. Maybe sociology could explain wtf kept humans for decades even remotely interested in this stuff. There are for sure dramatic differences between this system and other really good skincare, but not in the sense the brand for sure wants us to take the names in...

Little background about myself.. I have been on Diane 35 for 14 years, came off of it about two months ago to give my body a rest.

I went with this system around the same time has my previous skin care regime was not combating the extremely oily skin I was beginning to get( I’m assuming because of hormonal imbalances). Now on Diane 35 I only got a few pimples here and there but otherwise was clear. My skin was always on the oily side.. but manageable. The first week my skin was completely fine, minus the oil. But did not have any pimples even after being off the Diane 35 for almost two months. Mid-end of the two week mark I began to break out. Each day after this I would wake up with 2 or more pimples. One day I counted and had 20 active spots :(. The three step( I was using number 3) started the burn my skin and almost make it more angry. I brought it back to the clinque counter and the woman told me this is normal for this to happen in addition too the pimples. Now I get that there is a purging phase, but I don’t think it’s β€œ normal” for your skin to burn ( which was happening with both the wash and toner). That same day I went to Sephora and got a brand called boscia . I am on my third day, which may be a tied with the fact I went back on the Diane 35 this week. And I am beginning to clear up. This is a all natural brand with willow bark which is the natural form of salyic acid. I have read the reviews on this line( its the clear complexion- similar to the clinque 3 step). There has been zero burning while using this.
In summary I will definitely be trying to return the clinque and continuing with this new brand!

Also will not be going off Diane 35 until I’m ready to have babies :)

on 4/16/2018 4:43:00 PM

Within a few days of using this, it gave me FULL-ON DERMATITIS, to the point where it got so bad I had to see a doctor and get a prescription for oral steroids. My under-eye and cheekbones were covered in a thick, scaly, painful, and very swollen purply red rash, and I looked like a monster. I've never had this bad of a reaction to anything; I have no known skin allergies and my skin isn't particularly sensitive.

Like many of the others who've had bad reactions, I suspect that the "Clarifying Lotion" was the main culprit. I don't know why they market it as a lotion because it is not. I assumed it was a lotion since that was what it said on the bottle, until I realized too late that it was actually a harsh, exfoliating toner.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm new to the Clinique line and have had great experiences and BAD ones with the brand. This particular product is a great experience.

I gave up on a regular skin care routine for many years out of discouragement, all of the products I tried just wasted my money. Nothing I tried made my skin any better and I decided I just had bad skin. So I focused on makeup.

My bathroom cabinets are much more organized now, considering the graveyard of failed products is gone. I also don't spend as much on skin care because the products last and not much on makeup (I don't have as many skin problems to hide.)

I purchased a foundation from Clinique and got a sample size 3 Step system kit. I tried it because I had it, not because I thought it would work. In about a month, it truly changed my skin. After 30 years of crappy skin, I look great and see makeup as optional now. I feel much more beautiful because I see natural beauty in the mirror. It's important with this line to know and find products for your particular skin type. I have started to use other products in the brand, but the 3 Step system got my skin under control.

I've heard many stories about how Clinique was crap and how some said it was gold. I should of tried it sooner. Not everyone can use the same thing. I'd take the chance, just to see. It is worth the price because it works for me, even on aging skin.

on 12/22/2017 3:38:00 PM

I have a very long history with Clinique! It's a journey that began with me as a oily skin teenager in the late 80 s & as a typical teenager I had acne with my very oily skin so as a teenager during that time my only remedy was to use all those harsh & horrible pimple products from the drug store to try to kill my acne & dry up my oil ! Think πŸ’­ noxzema, sea breeze toner , clearasil & oxy 10 ! Stridex pads ! Omg 😲 LOL very retro 80 s& while using these harsh products on my face I noticed my face being very sensitive & red allergic!& I finally figured out that I was very allergic to all the perfume & fragrance from those drug store products! & I had seen my aunt @ that time using Clinique 3 steps for her skincare regime! & so I decided to go to the local Clinique counter Bc it was fragrance free @macys & I asked the nice Clinique lady "can I buy a bar of soap for my oily face?!" LOL & she was very nice & sold me only the bar for oily skin to me & she wasn't pushy & try to sell me the entire 3 steps system to me to buy!& when I began using just the bar of fragrance free soap for oily skin I noticed my skin was getting better & clearing up & felt very fresh & clean & from that point on I Always bought the Clinique soap originally in the oily version & then the mild version & always during the bonus gift 🎁 time Bc it's a better deal πŸ‘ Clinique stuff is expensive though less expensive than the other department store brands & Bc of the bonus they always give you their free yellow lotion which I never used Bc I have extremely oily skin! But eventually I got my mother into using Clinique Bc she has a very dry skin type! She's like Sahara desert 🌡 dry & so she loves the yellow lotion the # 3 step & before that she was only using oil of Olay from the drug store! it's perfect πŸ‘ŒπŸΏ for her sensitive dry skin type & the bar soap was perfect for my oily acne skin type & therefore ever since then our go to skincare line Bc it's fragrance free & doesn't cause skin issues with sensitivity!
the negative πŸ‘ŽπŸ» part of the Clinique 3 steps system is that it can be harsh especially with their bars of soaps & even their liquid soaps & their harsh alcoholic laden toners πŸ‘ŽπŸ»I personally think πŸ’­ everyone probably has tried @ least one ☝️ of the steps in the Clinique 3 part routine & probably has @ least one of their 3 steps in their home 🏑! LOL! In conclusion I think πŸ’­ Clinique is a great πŸ‘ line of skincare products Bc they are fragrance free but I would be careful using the 3 steps together Bc it would be harsh & especially back in the day! They didn't have the liquid soap & oil free yellow gel available yet!

on 9/24/2017 11:43:00 AM

I started using clinique 3steps on July 25, this year. Basically I used it for almost two months, but now my face has terrible break outs, what do I do continue or stop. I'm oily face and I'm getting married in December, need to do something

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I love following full 'systems' but this one was not created for maturer skin types. I think I need to stick with estee lauder and other brands from now on! Skin was too dry using the clarifying lotion. I followed the 3 steps for over 40 days in April and my skin became overly sensitive.

So I've always heard about this amazing product called Clinique ! My best friends mom in high school always bought Clinique makeup and I thought " wow she's just waisting her money when she can use drug store makeup or something less expensive" until one day I walked into my local Stage dept store . Not until recently ( I am now 21) my face gets really broken out when I put any makeup on my face and neck !! I'm into a lot of name brand stuff now (Mac,Michael Kors, etc.)... well I passed up all the name brand counters with their own line of makeup and other products . My face was really broken out and I was ashamed and I seen this 3 step face wash set with a mini set included it was about 70 bucks with tax included and retail price would actually be 99 bucks . Something like that . I thought it was a little pricey but it must work. I got home and unpackaged it . I tried it that day and I love love LOVED the way it made my skin feel after . I could already see some results and I knew this would be my new skin care product for every day use . I've tried EVERYTHING from those bead face washes to charcoal mask and those products worked a little bit this product had me AMAZED. Within two days my acne and scar marks were actually going away and fading . This product is freakin amazing I love the way it makes my skin feel after every wash! It doesn't leave it oily or dry! It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and CLEAN. Like it's supposed to be. My sister thought I just waisted a bunch of money on this product and her skin is just like mine as well. I told her to just give it one try because we have both been battling skin breakout and she is the face product queen . Her bathroom is FULL of every type of skin product you can ask for ! Well she tried it just last night and her results were even better than mine ! It's like a miracle for your face breakout and problems in 3 bottles. It's worth the money you dish out on these products . I will NEVER EVER go back to my old skin care routine or products . Nothing compares to this product . I can say I am so happy with the results and I love waking up and washing my face and washing right before bed because I get to see the results working right in front of my eyes. I can't wait to try many other products by clinique . It is a must have for sure . Trust me you are missing out if you don't have this product and have tried everything like me . I can't stress it enough how bad my acne and breakouts are ! I wish I could thank whoever made this product because it's AWESOME SAUCE!!!! Lolz I read some of the reviews and there's a good bit of people saying it's bad for the skin and it made it worse for them but I honestly think this product is not for everyone only a certain type of skin . I hope everyone finds what works best for them though.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Recieved a generous stack of samples of these and decided to give them a go! My skin is very oily in the T-zone which contantly is an issue with my makeup, leaving me shiny after a few hours. I hoped that this would help me with that, and even out my skin a little bit!

First impression was that the packaging was very neat and user friendly. Step one smelled of alcohol and the smell was not really too pleasant, but did its job well. I do believe it is too expensive for only doing what it does, though, clean. I will keep using another cleanser based on my budget. :--)

Step two is not what I would call a lotion, so am unaware of why it would be marketed as such. It is said to exfoliate and thoroughly clean the skin, although I did not notice too much of a difference from step one, and I don't see why it exfoliates? Then it would be in the way it strips off your oils, which is excessive and harsh in my opinion. It's more of a toner with cleasning properties, and felt like it dried my skin out way too much, was not pleasant but felt ok, not heavy. The instructions clearly says that it does not dry out the skin, but I'm not sure? The texture was just odd at first and too abundant in the alcohol smell, but after application it did feel a lot better. think it is way too harsh and should be used if at all, very sparingly. Paired with step three though, it's ok, but I am skeptical of this formula. In my sample packaging the 'lotion' came on a wipe already, and felt and smelled like a hand-disenfecting wipe. A bit uncomfortable but my skin did feel and look matte and great.

Step three is my favourite and why I am giving this a 3 out of 5. It's wonderful and really works with my combination skin, and has helped my skin moisturize perfectly. Works great during the day and is oil free, super under makeup and makes my skin feel super soft and cared for. Will continue to use for sure as it's sooo light and nice! Love the texture. It does not smell much of anything, which I'd prefer, but that's ok!

I must say though, this three step formula makes my skin feel the softest it has ever been! And my skin has been looking nice and balanced the last 2 weeks. I did break out some at first. The result is wonderful, but I am skeptical of the individual steps as they on their own feel strange to the skin, but hey, it IS a set of products. I just don't want to risk using it forward, as I feel like the step (especially 2) in long term will damage my skin somewhat and strip me excessively of the oils that my skin needs.

Popular Face Skincare Products