Clinique 3 Step System

Clinique 3 Step System

2.8

on 7/9/2016 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is absolutely terrible. Put it this way, it ruined my skin, and turned me off Clinique for a decade!

I tried it when I was 17 and a poor university student. Due to stress, I broke out in acne. A sales rep from Clinique sold me one of their 3 step treatments. This was the most expensive purchase of my life at that stage.

It used to come in a soap bar (now it's liquid). This stuff was harsh. I mean, oil stripping harsh. Then the toner was full of alcohol. Yes, it tightened my pores, but they both stripped my skin completely. The moisturiser didn't do anything.

Within an hour after use, my entire face would become a mess of grease and oil. My once moderate acne became SEVERE. You could cook an egg on my face. I tried this for at least a month. My self confidence plummeted.

I absolutely do not recommend the 3 step system. Save your money. Try benzyl peroxide (it comes in multiple different strengths) and can be purchased at the chemist/pharmacy. Try salicylic acid, glycol acid or retinoic acid. Use a good sunscreen because they can all make your skin photosensitive. And if these don't work, see a doctor for oral antibiotics, the oral contraceptive pill (for hormonal acne in girls) or Roccutane if severe and resistant.

Don't waste your money!

And if it is just a good skin care regime you are after: currently I use a vitamin C toner with witch hazel (approx $15), a serum (vit c 20% min, hyaluronic acid, salicylic acid 2.5% and retinoic acid) for approx $22 by a company called Instanatural (I am NOT affiliated). My moisturiser is $20 for a large tub by Etude House. I would highly recommend this combination!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This was the first skin care treatment I ever used (more than 20 years ago), and it's exactly the same except it used to come with a bar and now comes with a liquid cleanser.

I no longer use this as I currently use Pond's, which has been a lifesaver for my dry skin! But back when I had uncontrollable oily skin as a teenager, this cleansing system was exactly what I needed.

It's embarrassing to walk around with acne, especially when you're a teenager because you think everyone is staring at your acne rather than just looking at YOU as a person.

That's why products like this are essential to a teen's life, and I'm so glad that it was able to help me. This was before Proactiv came out on the market, which I still think should only be used for the worst acne cases. If you just have mild acne, this system is gentler and just as effective.

To Read all 1418 Reviews, Login or Join

Cleared my skin amazingly

on 6/14/2016 11:08:00 PM

I know there are a lot of bad reviews, but this stuff has changed my skin. It was dull, flaky, covered in blackheads and uneven dead skin patches,, that despite a natural skincare regime... just persisted. Now my face is as smooth as silk. At least 50% reduction in blackheads in one month, and totally smooth for my light makeup applications. I used the 3-step system years ago but stopped because it isn't all natural and I wasn't using the right type. I need the sensitive skin line. Well... It turns out... my face feels and looks better and WAY younger with these products. I won't leave Clinique again! And the price is a steal just get the promotional box sets and you are good to go :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My skin is usually fairly clear with a few spots. I bought this and I swear it brought out a ton of pimples and acne. I figured this was just to start and pulling to the surface but it got worse and worse for the month that I rode this out. My pores looked bad and face was irritated the whole time. Do not buy!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I found the clarifying lotion to be a bit harsh. The soap is just soap in a dish (which can be hard to close), and somewhat drying. It does take off makeup well however. I've never really used the Dramatically Different moisturizing lotion because it contains no sunscreen which makes it a no-no for daytime use.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used to use this a while ago. It made my skin feel dry yet oily at the same time and I felt like I was throwing my money away for some chemical laden product which ruined my skin.

on 4/11/2016 4:23:00 PM

After going to find a new foundation, i ended up leaving clinique with 5 products due to the lady point out my skin was dry in places and the foundation would look a lot better after my skin had been rehydrated.... which with a tester there and then of the moisturiser and then foundation on top it did make sense.

I bought
Take the day off balm (make up remover)
Liquid facial soap mild
Clarifying lotion number 1
Moisture surge
New pep-start eye cream

After using these products for the first few days I noticed a real difference in my skin. My skin felt soft, clean & the moisturiser had sorted out my dry spots.

I am now just over 2 weeks in of using these products 2 a day and now I have broken out in so many pimples. Before I started using these products, I used to get compliments on my skin all of the time and hardly EVER broke out in any pimples or spots. I feel like my skin is getting really bad.

I am booked in for a free facial from clinique in 3 days time (free thing offered to people who spend a lot of money - i spent £117 on all of these products including a cloth) - I will be complaining about the products and demanding a refund.

You'd think for the price, it would actually work. Apart from the moisturiser, the other products are a waste of money.

on 3/16/2016 10:12:00 AM

Horrible product!!! IT damaged my skin so bad!! i AM combination dry, and it just caused breakdown on my oily chin, tons of pimples and the alcohol in the cleanser is too strong for sensitive skin

on 3/7/2016 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I used this for oily skin and it literally did nothing to me. I was breaking out like always and I don't know if that was due to this product but I kinda felt like m skin was getting greasy and dry at the same time during the day.
It is so expensive and does nothing good. Absolute fno go for me.

Popular Face Skincare Products