Trucco Divinyls Lip gloss

4.4

on 6/14/2009 6:54:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Review for Baby Doll:

I love this lipgloss. It's not too shimmery or frosty so it doesn't give me an overwhelming glittery pink look. It glides on nicely and gives a nice pinkish hue to my medium-very pigmented lips. I would buy backups if it weren't so darn expensive! The bottle is also really tiny; when I got it, I actually thought it was a sample size! I also wish it lasted longer. :( But overall, I'm a fan of this pink lipgloss.

on 11/22/2008 3:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

review for Bad Kitty
this was ok. pretty sticky if u ask me though. i loved the color,very gothy and dark. like a purplish-black. you can layer this on for major color or put it on light for a tint effect.
just rem to exfoliat your lips prior to use,this shows every piece of dry skin on your lip!

I received this product as a gift in shade "Lovergirl" which is a true fire engine red. It's a fantastically glamourous colour, however difficult to control as the formula is quite thick. I tried giving myself a less dramatic look by dotting a few blobs of this liquid lipstick over the top of some Vaseline on my lips. It was still too heavy. It is incredibly glossy and sexy, just too much for my taste. I find it a hassle to maintain as well, and not too moisturizing. Have thrown it out.

on 7/24/2008 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I decided to try Trucco after reading that movie star Vanessa Williams uses and loves Trucco's lip pencil in Sienna Suede. It was kind of hard to find the brand but I did online. I ordered two tubes of HONEY LIPS. This stuff is AMAZING.

Ingredients:Polybutene, paraffinum liquidum (mineral oil), petrolatum, lanolin oil, flavor, paraffin, beeswak, castor seed oil, silica, propylparaben, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopherol, glycine soja, mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxic\des, bismuth oxychloride, manganese violet, red 1 lake, red 22 lake, yellow 6 lake.

Size: 3.8g/.135 Oz.

Cost: Trucco glosses are usually about $11 per tube, but I found mine on e-bay for much less. Compared to MAC and especially NARS(which is way expensive) Trucco is a deal, even though the container is slightly smaller than MAC glosses.

Consistency: Fabulous. It is like lipstick but not quite as thick. It has the most divine smell. Honey Lips smells like chocolate/vanilla, but the smell is authentic, not like a weird chemical. I applied three coats and got the most gorgeous finish.

Color: I am an NC35 with light brown skin and dark hair. This color is like a gorgeous chestnut. It is brown, but chestnut is the perfect way to describe it. I wear MAC Warm skinfinish and it compliments it so well. I kind of feel stupid for owning so many tubes of NARS and MAC and FASHION FAIR and CLINIQUE, because honey lips will look perfect with everything I wear. This color is stunning for brown women and would also look good on others, but it is a perfect polish, almost a neutral for brown women but it looks finished, not pale and washed out. It looks classy and high dollar. Unlike my other glosses, it looks perfect on its own. When I wear NARS and MAC colors, I feel as if something is missing; as if I need to add some sparkle or maybe they would look better over lipstick. Honey Lips is pigmented like a lipstick but just not goopy.

I am ordering all the tubes of this I can get and I will also give it as gifts to my family members because it is the perfect gloss as far as I am concerned.

on 2/7/2008 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I was introduced to this line about 6 years ago at a beauty trade show and fell in love with their products. Esp. the Babydoll lipgloss, a milky opaque pink, (no orange yay!) with good pigmentation and lasting power. I also bought a discontinued color, I think it was either Supermodel or at least similar to that color. A cool sparkly taupe less opaque and more shiny than Babydoll, but same staying power. It is hard to find Trucco products unfortunately so I don't buy often unless I am traveling. I like them better than MAC eventhough the size is tiny.

on 4/23/2007 7:10:00 PM

I have these glosses in Bad Kitty and Firecracker. Love the level of pigmentation and staying power. I am an NW45 for reference and the Firecracker (a true red) looks gorgeous. The Bad Kitty is a real purple color but since I like to mix colors, I am sure I can make it work. Most glosses, while pretty, have little staying power. These are just fabulous.

on 8/8/2006 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

WOW!Love this gloss in Sugar Sugar. This is a thick moisturizing gloss that makes your lips look Full AND FLAWLESS. It really smooths out your lips and makes them pouty looking. It is a tad sticky, my hair does get stuck in it when the wind is blowing but it's worth it. Your lips feel moisturized all day, it's awesome. Sugar Sugar is the perfect nudish natural lip color, I think it's a shade for everyone. This is definetly my HG lipgloss. I love it as much as my MAC lipglasses. This is everything a lipgloss should be.

I think this is way too thick. I'm not a big lipstuff fan anyway, they all make me feel like I'm suffocating, but this is one of the worst. I suppose in some circles, thick could be a good thing, but I just don't want it on my lips. This stuff made me feel like I'd smeared cake frosting on my mouth.

on 3/12/2005 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I use this in Berry Bazaar. It's the one lip gloss that I buy over and over and over. A makeup artist used this on me when I was in a friend's wedding. I've been hooked ever since. It comes in a small tube but don't be deterred. A little goes a long way. It's very pigmented and thick. Goes on nice. It's a gloss but covers like a lipstick/gloss combo. Berry Bazaar is a plummy purple with a bit of pink. It makes my blue eyes pop and really gives me a polished look. This is one that you could wear to work in a suit or home in jeans and a sweatshirt. Great color! Makes my teeth look really white too.

on 8/23/2004 1:50:00 AM

This is certainly one of the best lipglosses I ever purchased, I really like JT but they give no colour. I have Divinyls in Honey Lips which is a great colour and it smells yummie! I can't compare it to MAC as I never tried it, but I won't because these are just too good!