Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Toner

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Boots  Expert Sensitive Gentle Toner

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Aqua Mineralis (Mineral Water), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methylparaben

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

(The wrong picture is posted with this..?)
Anyhoo, this is a great toner. A lot of toners make my skin react something terrible, and this does not.

I use this sometimes in the morning if I do not use a simple micellar water. I also sometimes use this after the cleanser on days I do not use a scrub. Also great on lazy days when I do not want to do a full cleanse, but I try not to do that very often!!

I detect no scent with this, which I appreciate it not having the strong alcohol scent that many toners have. I use this with an exfoliating cotton round and it works great!! Again, I switch this up between using this and the Boots cleanser and Boots scrub, so it is not irritating my skin to use the exfoliating cotton rounds all the time. I suppose I could use a plain cotton round, but I just prefer the exfoliating cotton rounds used with this. Will and have repurchase(d) many, many times. As with the other Boots skin care items I have purchased, this is a great price and a great value and a great product!!!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a great toner for the price, especially considering how difficult it is to find toners without alcohol, fragrance and/or witch hazel. I have combo/oily skin with what I believe is a precursor to rosacea (my mom and grandma had it; I have lots of redness over my entire face but no "breakouts"). Keep in mind that this is extremely gentle and you probably won't "feel" it tighten up your pores like you would with most toners. The only reason I won't be buying it again is because I'm mercilessly cutting out any product that shows any signs of being irritating, and this does sting a touch for about 30 seconds after I use it. But I do think it's worth anyone giving it a try. There's nothing in the ingredients that's an irritant, this is just my own skin's reaction to it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This was about 4 bucks at Target, but don't be fooled by the pricetag! It is a super steal and an amazing find for people with super sensitive skin. I have been using it for about 2 weeks already and am still amazed at how gentle it is and how it leaves my skin feeling refreshed and glowy. Will definitely purchase again!

on 2/1/2009 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

loooove it. has replaced neutrogena's pore refining toner forever. its so gentle and mild, and it doesnt burn my nose.

update: after using this for a little longer i noticed my skin is WAYYY oily. i deal with an oil problem anyways, but this just makes it worse. i'm sad this didn't work for me in the end=(
back to neutrogena for me. i guess i need the drying effect of alcohol.