Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Toner

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Boots  Expert Sensitive Gentle Toner

4.3

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Aqua Mineralis (Mineral Water), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methylparaben

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

(The wrong picture is posted with this..?)
Anyhoo, this is a great toner. A lot of toners make my skin react something terrible, and this does not.

I use this sometimes in the morning if I do not use a simple micellar water. I also sometimes use this after the cleanser on days I do not use a scrub. Also great on lazy days when I do not want to do a full cleanse, but I try not to do that very often!!

I detect no scent with this, which I appreciate it not having the strong alcohol scent that many toners have. I use this with an exfoliating cotton round and it works great!! Again, I switch this up between using this and the Boots cleanser and Boots scrub, so it is not irritating my skin to use the exfoliating cotton rounds all the time. I suppose I could use a plain cotton round, but I just prefer the exfoliating cotton rounds used with this. Will and have repurchase(d) many, many times. As with the other Boots skin care items I have purchased, this is a great price and a great value and a great product!!!

on 5/18/2015 10:54:00 PM

Price is great. I haven't tried Bioderma so I can't tell you if they're similar but at about $4, it's worth a try. It doesn't really do much to improve your skin but it does remove the last traces of your makeup.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

My favorite thing about this is it rounds out my cleansing regimen but super GENTLY.

on 8/31/2013 10:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I tried this as a replacement for Estee Lauder's original Perfectly Clean toner after it was discontinued. For about a week, this seemed pretty good, but then, I started having more blemishes, and my skin never really felt all that clean. Nothing was coming up on the cotton pad, but it was like there was a film of some sort on my skin.

I can see how it would be good for those with dry skin, as it is very non-drying and gentle, but I guess I'll keep looking for a new toner.

on 5/24/2013 12:50:00 AM

I haven't used a toner in such a long time, and the last one I used was really harsh and drying. Probably loaded up with alcohol and/or witch hazel. I picked this up after doing some reading about skin care and learning what toner was actually for. This feels just like water on the skin, so at first I was disappointed and thought it wasn't doing anything. But everyday, even on days when I'm wearing very little makeup or cleanse my skin well, it removes more dirt or makeup that I missed. The spout is large and more will come out than I need on the cotton pad, but the price is low enough that it's ok to waste a little.

I love love love this toner. I used the Clinique toner (not sure of the name anymore) when I was a teenager. All I remember about the product was it stung and dried out my skin. I vowed to never use toner again. I ended up purchasing this due to Missglamorazzi (the YouTube guru). She had mentioned in one of her videos that is was good dupe to Bioderma. Since I heard so many great things about Bioderma I decided to try the Boots version. It feels just like water on the skin. I noticed that it pretty much just prepares my skin for my moisturizer. I use it after I wash my face both day and night. It removes all the excess makeup and dirt after washing my face and just feels very refreshing.

on 11/20/2012 1:23:00 PM

I must be on about my 10th bottle of this.This is just a basic no frills, fragrance free alcohol free and witch hazel free toner, no artificial colours or dyes either. It's excellent to use after cleansing just to make sure everything is removed. A lot of toners contain antioxidants etc these days. But I use an antioxidant rich serum followed by a moisturiser loaded with beneficial ingredients, so personally I don't feel the need in a toner as well.If like me all you want is a basic toner , you won't get any better than this.Here in the uk this is now known as simply sensitive,it's the same product.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a great toner for the price, especially considering how difficult it is to find toners without alcohol, fragrance and/or witch hazel. I have combo/oily skin with what I believe is a precursor to rosacea (my mom and grandma had it; I have lots of redness over my entire face but no "breakouts"). Keep in mind that this is extremely gentle and you probably won't "feel" it tighten up your pores like you would with most toners. The only reason I won't be buying it again is because I'm mercilessly cutting out any product that shows any signs of being irritating, and this does sting a touch for about 30 seconds after I use it. But I do think it's worth anyone giving it a try. There's nothing in the ingredients that's an irritant, this is just my own skin's reaction to it.

on 3/8/2012 8:59:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I wanted a basic toner that was fragrance free and gentle without extra ingredients like salicylic acid, retinol etc. (I prefer using skin treatments in a different base than a toner) After some research I bought Boots. at Drugstore dot com for $4 bucks for six ounce bottle. Target also sells this for about $5.00.

ESGT removes cosmetic residue without leaving my skin feeling stripped. It is very soothing. The ingredients are simple but non irritating. No alcohol or witch hazel! I even use this around my eye area, really feel that all skin types could use this. I accidentally put two in my cart when I ordered and I'm so glad I did. I have the extra in a spray bottle in the fridge and it feels refreshing.

on 4/14/2011 4:31:00 AM

Este toner es uno de los mejores que he comprado. Primero que todo, no contiene alcohol, ni glicerina ni perfumes..Como lo dijo una review abajo, es super basico, pero super efectivo!!!!
Hace unos meses decidi dejar de usar toner, (pues tenia que economizar) y esa fue una de las maneras de hacerlo..Crei que era un gasto innecesario..
Pero mi piel empezo a resentirlo..Asi que me decidi a buscar un toner bueno, bonito y barato.. Y me decidi por este...
Tengo que decir que es una maravilla!!!, deja la piel super suave, es lo suficientemente humectante en mi piel para usar casi la mitad de cantidad de crema de noche.
Tengo apenas 3 dias usandolo, pero mi piel tuvo un cambio de la noche al dia..Ojalá y Target no deje de venderla..Aunque en una review lei que lo dejo de vender...Por si las dudas comprare 4 o 5..Pues el precio es de risa..$3.99..Pueden creerlo!!!
Lo recomiendo a todo mundo, para todo tipo de pieles..
Gracias Paula Begoun por el buen consejo..!!