Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Toner

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Boots  Expert Sensitive Gentle Toner

4.1

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Aqua Mineralis (Mineral Water), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methylparaben

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

My favorite thing about this is it rounds out my cleansing regimen but super GENTLY.

on 8/31/2013 10:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I tried this as a replacement for Estee Lauder's original Perfectly Clean toner after it was discontinued. For about a week, this seemed pretty good, but then, I started having more blemishes, and my skin never really felt all that clean. Nothing was coming up on the cotton pad, but it was like there was a film of some sort on my skin.

I can see how it would be good for those with dry skin, as it is very non-drying and gentle, but I guess I'll keep looking for a new toner.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a great toner for the price, especially considering how difficult it is to find toners without alcohol, fragrance and/or witch hazel. I have combo/oily skin with what I believe is a precursor to rosacea (my mom and grandma had it; I have lots of redness over my entire face but no "breakouts"). Keep in mind that this is extremely gentle and you probably won't "feel" it tighten up your pores like you would with most toners. The only reason I won't be buying it again is because I'm mercilessly cutting out any product that shows any signs of being irritating, and this does sting a touch for about 30 seconds after I use it. But I do think it's worth anyone giving it a try. There's nothing in the ingredients that's an irritant, this is just my own skin's reaction to it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I love this product. I purchased it on the 3 for 2 offers in boots. The packaging is plain but nice. It is a very watery consistancy, but I usually put 3 dabs onto a cotton pad and then its fine to put on. It just works really well without being harsh on my skin :-) Removes all traces of cleanser and left over make up, just great! And very cheap too :-) Yay"!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

HG Toner. Removes last traces of makeup and is so gentle. Alcohol, oil, and fragrance free. Also really cheap. Target stopped carrying it and now I have to order it from drugstore.com

I would buy this again, and I have! By far the best toner I have purchased in a long, long time. Fragrance free, alcohol free, non-irritating. Really does remove any remaining gunk on your face after cleansing and does not leave it tight, dry or irritated.

on 9/22/2009 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this toner since it's alcohol free and really takes off any excess makeup that I have after cleansing it. At $3.99 (Target), I'm amazed at how it actually does a better job than department store toners I have tried over the years. Highly recommended!

on 2/15/2009 2:27:00 PM

I was between a four and five with this product only because I am not in love with it but do not see any reason not to be either. It is gentle (at least I hope). It does not sting and does not burn my entire face, including my eyes. I am new to toners, but I knew that I had to be careful choosing one since my skin is so sensitive and dry. I really like it and will stick to it, unless I find some great natural toner that is as or more effective as this one and as gentle. I am really trying to use more natural products.

UPDATE: I am no longer using this because I am trying to rid myself of parabens and other toxic ingredients. Plus I think after a while my skin started getting irritated and dry.

on 2/1/2009 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

loooove it. has replaced neutrogena's pore refining toner forever. its so gentle and mild, and it doesnt burn my nose.

update: after using this for a little longer i noticed my skin is WAYYY oily. i deal with an oil problem anyways, but this just makes it worse. i'm sad this didn't work for me in the end=(
back to neutrogena for me. i guess i need the drying effect of alcohol.