Boots Expert Sensitive Gentle Toner

Boots  Expert Sensitive Gentle Toner

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Aqua Mineralis (Mineral Water), Sodium Citrate, Sodium Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Methylparaben

on 2/1/2009 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

loooove it. has replaced neutrogena's pore refining toner forever. its so gentle and mild, and it doesnt burn my nose.

update: after using this for a little longer i noticed my skin is WAYYY oily. i deal with an oil problem anyways, but this just makes it worse. i'm sad this didn't work for me in the end=(
back to neutrogena for me. i guess i need the drying effect of alcohol.

on 5/18/2015 10:54:00 PM

Price is great. I haven't tried Bioderma so I can't tell you if they're similar but at about $4, it's worth a try. It doesn't really do much to improve your skin but it does remove the last traces of your makeup.

on 8/31/2013 10:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I tried this as a replacement for Estee Lauder's original Perfectly Clean toner after it was discontinued. For about a week, this seemed pretty good, but then, I started having more blemishes, and my skin never really felt all that clean. Nothing was coming up on the cotton pad, but it was like there was a film of some sort on my skin.

I can see how it would be good for those with dry skin, as it is very non-drying and gentle, but I guess I'll keep looking for a new toner.

on 2/15/2009 2:27:00 PM

I was between a four and five with this product only because I am not in love with it but do not see any reason not to be either. It is gentle (at least I hope). It does not sting and does not burn my entire face, including my eyes. I am new to toners, but I knew that I had to be careful choosing one since my skin is so sensitive and dry. I really like it and will stick to it, unless I find some great natural toner that is as or more effective as this one and as gentle. I am really trying to use more natural products.

UPDATE: I am no longer using this because I am trying to rid myself of parabens and other toxic ingredients. Plus I think after a while my skin started getting irritated and dry.

on 5/24/2013 12:50:00 AM

I haven't used a toner in such a long time, and the last one I used was really harsh and drying. Probably loaded up with alcohol and/or witch hazel. I picked this up after doing some reading about skin care and learning what toner was actually for. This feels just like water on the skin, so at first I was disappointed and thought it wasn't doing anything. But everyday, even on days when I'm wearing very little makeup or cleanse my skin well, it removes more dirt or makeup that I missed. The spout is large and more will come out than I need on the cotton pad, but the price is low enough that it's ok to waste a little.

on 3/13/2013 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was in the market for a new toner and had been doing a bit of research, I was pretty much set on Thayers rosewater toner..until they were out of stock when I went to purchase it. Then I found myself at target and had vaguely remembered hearing someone was happy with this toner so being $4 I picked it up. I hadn't even checked the reviews on here which made me a bit nervous but I was so happy to come home and read a lot of positive reviews! I'm really happy with the toner thus far! I used to use an AHAVA toner which I was pretty happy with too. This one is so so SO gentle but yet it does the job it's intended for! Really nothing to lose if you're iffy about giving this a chance. Only reason I took off some points for the packaging is because it has a pretty large spout so sometimes if I'm in a hurry I use too much, but that's my own fault!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a great toner for the price, especially considering how difficult it is to find toners without alcohol, fragrance and/or witch hazel. I have combo/oily skin with what I believe is a precursor to rosacea (my mom and grandma had it; I have lots of redness over my entire face but no "breakouts"). Keep in mind that this is extremely gentle and you probably won't "feel" it tighten up your pores like you would with most toners. The only reason I won't be buying it again is because I'm mercilessly cutting out any product that shows any signs of being irritating, and this does sting a touch for about 30 seconds after I use it. But I do think it's worth anyone giving it a try. There's nothing in the ingredients that's an irritant, this is just my own skin's reaction to it.

on 3/8/2012 8:59:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I wanted a basic toner that was fragrance free and gentle without extra ingredients like salicylic acid, retinol etc. (I prefer using skin treatments in a different base than a toner) After some research I bought Boots. at Drugstore dot com for $4 bucks for six ounce bottle. Target also sells this for about $5.00.

ESGT removes cosmetic residue without leaving my skin feeling stripped. It is very soothing. The ingredients are simple but non irritating. No alcohol or witch hazel! I even use this around my eye area, really feel that all skin types could use this. I accidentally put two in my cart when I ordered and I'm so glad I did. I have the extra in a spray bottle in the fridge and it feels refreshing.

on 3/17/2009 2:35:00 PM

I used to use clinique's mild claryfing lotion. But when i went to target i saw they had the boots range (i am originally from england), i thought i'd look at their new products. The ingredient list and claims of this toner was everything i look for. It is hard to find toners without alcohol or fragrances (which all us ladies know is bad for skin!). As it was only $3.49 i thought it was worth a try. Since using it i find it to be just as good as clinique's and even better because of the price, we all love a bargain!! It's very soothing, cool and refreshing and it removes all the final pieces of make up very well. i use it morning and night. I have combination skin and i find it definately doesn't dry my skin or make it any greasier. Bottle holds the product well, although not very fancy to look at.

Edit: I have removed a lippie as I brought boots botanical brightening toner and it is alot more moisturizing than this one.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I went to target today and found the new line of "expert" skincare from Boots.

I really needed a toner and because my skin is sensitive, I decided to give this a try. I think it was only $3.49.

Here's the reason why I give it 3 lippies. ..it felt like all I was putting on my face was water!

It's fragrance free, alcohol free, all good things but I guess I didn't notice anything special.

I'll update this in a week or so.

**Update** This is more refreshing now that it's cooled down and I can also see the last traces of dirt being removed off my face. It's gentle.

WHAT IT CLAIMS: sensitive skin needs extra care after being cleansed. this hypoallergenic toner with soothing aloe vera is specially formulated to gently sweep away the last traces of impurities and make-up, and revitalise skin piror to moisturising. Fragrance-free. Lenolin-free. Dermatologically tested.

INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Glycerin, Butylene glycol, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Aqua Minerals(mineral water), Sodium Citrate, Sodium methylparaben, Propylene glycol, Citric Acid, Aloe Barbadensis leaf extract, Methlparaben