Ecotools retractable kabuki

Ecotools  retractable kabuki

4.6

on 2/9/2018 12:34:00 PM

This brush is soo soft. It feels like a dream. I got it on a sale so it was pretty cheap too, tho it isnt too expensive normally either.
I use it mainly to apply highlighter and other powders, I havent tried it with foundation yet.

on 1/19/2018 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Prices for Ecotools are very inflated in Australia, but purchasing them on iHerbs really helps.
I have had 2 of these. They are excellent for travelling or to have in your makeup bag.
The brush is well made & lasts well over a year easily.
The bristles are dense and super soft. Love it!

on 1/9/2018 9:54:00 PM

Pretty good. I use it to touch-up pressed face powder and bronzer. It works well for both purposes.

I have noticed slight shedding, but nothing to be overly concerned about. I have had no issues with the outside being scratched.

on 4/12/2017 11:53:00 AM

Love this! I got my first one when I was 15 and it was silver. I have since owned maybe 2 or 3 more. I use it every single day and if something goes wrong with the one I have, I will repurchase. I like that you can control the shape byt pushing the tube up and down. A lot of time I'll use this to blend foundation into my hairline once i'm done applying it with my BB, sometimes i'll make the shape smaller and press the foundation into my skin if I feel like it's not blended in enough, i'll use it to blend out bronzer if I feel like there's too much, i'll use it to tone down blush if needed, if highlight applies too blinding for daytime, i'll use this to blend in/tone it down, and if i'm using a brush that's better at applying contour only then i'll blend it in with this after. Soft, not expensive and very versatile. Love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

pros:
- affordable
- easily available
- easy for travel
- great design
- firm yet soft bristles
- buff in foundation smoothly
- doesn't shed
- can withstand cleaning routine

cons:
- can cause dry skin to flake slightly
- cap might cause some bristles to shape weirdly if not closed properly

Have had mine for more than 6 moths now. I do get dry patch sometimes from post acne scar or even from retina-a. If you buff too much it can cause dry skin to flake. This is not scratchy like the Bamboo Buffing Brush. Also, this gives the smoothes result when buffing foundation. Just make sure not to overdo it. This is great even for those with sensitive/acne-prone skin. This can withstand all the cleaning routine pretty well. Dries up pretty fast if you wipe the bristles with microfibre cloth.

Also, be very aware of fake ecotools brush. The fake products are almost similar to the real ones but the quality is very shoddy. Make sure to purchase them at authorised retailer. So far I have yet to see a fake version of this retractable kabuki. But better safe than sorry.

Repurchase? yes. Recommend to other? yes.

on 4/14/2016 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I recently bought LancĂ´me Absolue powder and wanted a new, fluffy brush for all-over application, so I picked this up.
CONS:
It does feel somewhat cheap as far as construction, I don't like the slide-up versus twist mechanism. Something rattles inside of it from out of the box.
PROS:
The bristles are soft and dense. It's not overly domed. It feels great on the skin, I can buff a lot with no irritation. It does eat up my loose powder a bit, but I think that's just to be expected with such dense bristles.
Overall a nice brush for cheap. I haven't washed it yet, but I have a few other Eco Tools brushes that have held up for a couple years without issue.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Bought this from Boots to apply my Smashbox powder foundation. I'm not keen on using a puff.

Love this brush, it's dense enough that I can apply the powder densely but soft enough that it blends out really really well. I bought it to go in my bag and use it every day.

Well worth the money, although I actually bought it with points so it cost me nothing!

on 1/27/2016 3:50:00 PM

I have rediscovered this brush and I am loving it!!! I had one of these about a decade ago it was one of my first makeup brushes ever I used to use it back when I was using BareMinerals it was perfection and it lasted me forever, never fell apart I eventually tossed it just because I thought "ew-how long have I had this? time for new brushes!". Anyhow, I just recently bought another and Ive been using it with my Milani pressed powder and its flawless. So soft. And I love shutting it when Im done using it-cuz Im crazy like that....neat and tidy and great for travel

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I love this brush. It's extremely soft and it makes my foundation look really flawless. Even though its compact, the brush part is actually quite large so I can do my whole face in no time.

on 1/8/2016 9:25:00 PM

This is my favorite face brush ever, does not shed, it's a mazing for this price range, feels the same as a MUF. I use it to apply MAC powder foundation, setting powder and mineral makeup. I have been using it daily for almost 5 months straight. I wipe it off on a cotton washcloth daily and have washed it 4-5 times, I really hope it lasts since I love it, great for travel.

Popular Makeup Brushes