Ecotools retractable kabuki

Ecotools  retractable kabuki

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

pros:
- affordable
- easily available
- easy for travel
- great design
- firm yet soft bristles
- buff in foundation smoothly
- doesn't shed
- can withstand cleaning routine

cons:
- can cause dry skin to flake slightly
- cap might cause some bristles to shape weirdly if not closed properly

Have had mine for more than 6 moths now. I do get dry patch sometimes from post acne scar or even from retina-a. If you buff too much it can cause dry skin to flake. This is not scratchy like the Bamboo Buffing Brush. Also, this gives the smoothes result when buffing foundation. Just make sure not to overdo it. This is great even for those with sensitive/acne-prone skin. This can withstand all the cleaning routine pretty well. Dries up pretty fast if you wipe the bristles with microfibre cloth.

Also, be very aware of fake ecotools brush. The fake products are almost similar to the real ones but the quality is very shoddy. Make sure to purchase them at authorised retailer. So far I have yet to see a fake version of this retractable kabuki. But better safe than sorry.

Repurchase? yes. Recommend to other? yes.

on 4/14/2016 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I recently bought LancĂ´me Absolue powder and wanted a new, fluffy brush for all-over application, so I picked this up.
CONS:
It does feel somewhat cheap as far as construction, I don't like the slide-up versus twist mechanism. Something rattles inside of it from out of the box.
PROS:
The bristles are soft and dense. It's not overly domed. It feels great on the skin, I can buff a lot with no irritation. It does eat up my loose powder a bit, but I think that's just to be expected with such dense bristles.
Overall a nice brush for cheap. I haven't washed it yet, but I have a few other Eco Tools brushes that have held up for a couple years without issue.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Bought this from Boots to apply my Smashbox powder foundation. I'm not keen on using a puff.

Love this brush, it's dense enough that I can apply the powder densely but soft enough that it blends out really really well. I bought it to go in my bag and use it every day.

Well worth the money, although I actually bought it with points so it cost me nothing!

on 1/27/2016 3:50:00 PM

I have rediscovered this brush and I am loving it!!! I had one of these about a decade ago it was one of my first makeup brushes ever I used to use it back when I was using BareMinerals it was perfection and it lasted me forever, never fell apart I eventually tossed it just because I thought "ew-how long have I had this? time for new brushes!". Anyhow, I just recently bought another and Ive been using it with my Milani pressed powder and its flawless. So soft. And I love shutting it when Im done using it-cuz Im crazy like that....neat and tidy and great for travel

on 1/8/2016 9:25:00 PM

This is my favorite face brush ever, does not shed, it's a mazing for this price range, feels the same as a MUF. I use it to apply MAC powder foundation, setting powder and mineral makeup. I have been using it daily for almost 5 months straight. I wipe it off on a cotton washcloth daily and have washed it 4-5 times, I really hope it lasts since I love it, great for travel.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I love this brush. It's extremely soft and it makes my foundation look really flawless. Even though its compact, the brush part is actually quite large so I can do my whole face in no time.

This brush is soo soo soft. I don't care for the up/down motion you have to do to close it though. I don't use this brush often because I don't use any products that require such a concentrated brush. But the quality is really great!!! I will definitely buy from this company again.

on 12/7/2015 5:38:00 PM

Ok I was looking for a kabuki brush to take on the go,I was using the Elf one but it broke after a short time.I seen this in the drugstore for 7.99 and had seen good reviews about it so I bought it. I'm so happy I did, it's very soft and works great with powder or powder foundation. The packaging isn't cheaply made and it seems like it will last without cracking and breaking. Definitely recommend.

on 11/5/2015 11:43:00 PM

The retractable portion of the brush was loose even before I started using it. The cap also came off really easily. The make was just plain lousy. I would rather pay more and get something of better quality.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

My brush unfortunately broke in three pieces after short time usage:( not the best quality but the price is so cheap, nice, fine bristles and hygienic! 3 lippies because it breaks easily though!

Popular Makeup Brushes