Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.8

Formerly called Let's Make Collagen Serum.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For skin that is:

- abused by acids/overexfoliated
- sensitive
- thin/dry/crepey

I love this stuff! My skin drinks it and it looks thicker, though I don't think it does a lot for wrinkles. I didn't realize what a difference it was making till I ran out :(

The active ingredients are pretty amazing. Don't know how they've managed to stay under the radar.

This should be a part of anyone's routine.

on 6/15/2015 2:27:00 AM

I have stubborn sensitive skin that does not respond to many anti-aging cream out there. But within using this serum in one week, I started to notice my skin feeling smoother and even plumping out somewhat. I only apply this at night right now but I might consider applying it in the morning as well. It consistently gives me smooth skin when I wash it off in the morning. The wrinkles on my nose between my eyes have become less visible as well. I've been using this for 2 months now. Excited to update this review in 6 months or so.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this product for over two years now and my husband has been using it for about one year. We have seen good results. We are both 71 and we are holding the wrinkles and collapsed facial features at bay. I just wish we had discovered this serum earlier. We are not turning back the clock, but we are holding on to where we are. We do not look our age, I believe, and this serum has definitely played a part in keeping our skin looking good.
It comes in a plain bottle and is reasonably priced. It must be refrigerated. I even use it on my eyelids with good results and no irritation. It does not promise miracles, it just provides results.
If you are really serious about preventive anti-aging skin care, check out this little indie company. They are the real deal.

on 7/4/2010 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

SkinActives LMC serum is a miracle worker!! I just turned 30 and have been noticing the slight lines under my eyes and on my forehead and decided to give this serum a try. The best decision I could make- after a months use, the forehead lines are gone and the skin around my eyes looks fresh and plumped like a teenager - I am speechless and will be addicted to this product for life!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I do like this serum very much. It contains lots of good for your skin ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid, Green Tea, & Peptides. At $12.50 for 1oz this product is a bargain for all the active ingredients you get for the price. I use this serum at night & I usually put a moisturizer over it. Like other reviewers noted it does smell slightly of vitamins and it is a little sticky upon initial application but it dries quickly and the sticky feeling does go away, The reason I am giving it 4 lippies instead of 5 is that the texture is gritty and even if you shake the product a little it still has tiny white particles in it. That being said it's a great product from skin actives and I will continue to use it!

on 11/15/2009 12:27:00 PM

As somebody already mentioned I saw instant improvement after using this serum. I'm on my second bottle now and will keep buying. The first time I put it along with my regular moisturizer before going to bed and the next day I was amazed of the results. It's a staple at this point. Can't live without it. Agree that the packaging can use some improvement but I'm afraid that with that also the price will go up. Great product!!!

on 5/13/2009 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This stuff is amazing. I've been on a quest to repair the damage done to my skin by years of benzoyl peroxide use, which left my face red, irritated, tired-looking, and showing proto-wrinkles. I'm 26; wrinkles should not be in the picture yet! I'm not trying to look ten years younger or anything like that -- I just want to look like a normal mid-twenties woman!

This serum is a thin, unsticky light beige liquid that applies smoothly and dries to a semi-drying finish. It definitely needs moisturizer or sunscreen over it.

After three days of use, the dry, crepey skin under my eyes has smoothed out and the lightly etched laugh lines around my mouth are significantly shallower. I look fresher and more my own age.

The packaging is less than ideal -- a little glass bottle with a wide-gauge eye dropper. It's just a matter of time before I drop and shatter the bottle, so I'm looking for better packaging.

Skin Actives also offers a lip collagen serum, applied with a lip gloss brush. Same amazing results; my lip lines are smoothing out and my lips are plumper and pinker.

I foresee this becoming a staple in my arsenal. I'm also buying some for my mom, who at 56 is just starting to wrinkle around her lips and eyes. I'll update in a couple months with my results and hers.

**ETA March 2010** I have moved on to other products to better deal with my acne, but I would still highly recommend this. I used it for about 4 or 5 months and it did a great job at repairing the BP damage. I will probably come back to it later in life, assuming it's still around. Just doesn't fit my needs at this exact moment.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I write this after one week of product use. I had some very deep laugh lines and I was developing fine lines around the eyes and on the forehead. No big whoop, I'm over 30, it happens, right? NO. Do not go gentle into that wrinkled night. I'd tried and thrown away several creams and was wary of expensive serums (and that brown Estee Lauder stuff did nothing for me), when an Internet search turned up Skin Actives, an outfit that caters to the DIY skincare crowd. Their ready-mixed collagen serum, which I keep in the fridge per directions, has caused the aforementioned lines to vanish. I apply five drops to face and neck in the evenings after a gentle cream cleanser (by UK brand Simple) and follow with Oil of Olay cream for sensitive skin plus a few drops of jojoba oil. I look 25 again. HALLELUJAH. It is $12.50 for one ounce and contains the following: Distilled Water, Sea Kelp Bioferment, Sodium PCA, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Pomegranate Extract, Natural Active Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid, L-Carnosine, Boswellia Serrata, Niacinamide, N-Acetyl Glucosamine, Centella Asiatica, Horse Chestnut Extract, Betulinic Acid, Green Tea EGCG, Epidermal Growth Factor BT, Germaben II. I'm just hoping that EGF doesn't turn out to be a tumor-generator, as Paula Begoun seems to think it might.