Filtered by hair type : Wavy

4.2

Distilled Water, Sea Kelp Bioferment, Sodium PCA, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Pomegranate Extract, Natural Active Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid, L-Carnosine, Boswellia Serrata, Niacinamide, N-Acetyl Glucosamine, Centella Asiatica, Horse Chestnut Extract, Betulinic Acid, Green Tea EGCG, Epidermal Growth Factor BT, Germaben II
Formerly called Let's Make Collagen Serum.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Huge disappointment! Probably this is the last product I buy online without testing.
I can't say anything about it's performance, because it smells like an animal farm or a zoo on hot day. You know what I'm talking about...
I put it on my face and had to rinse right after. Smell was unbearable. Tried it again on my hand, let it dry. Smell din't go away after couple of hours, and my skin surface stayed sticky.
One of the worst products I ever tried! To the trash it goes!

P.S. There is no way I can write review on company's website. Doesn't look honest to me...

on 9/1/2014 9:49:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this serum for three years now and it's incredible. The whole brand is amazing. My routine:

Morning:
Cleanse with Salicylic Wash
Tone with Ascorbic Acid crystals mixed with tap water
Moisturize with UV Repair Cream

Night:
Cleanse with DHC Deep Cleansing Oil (not Skin Actives product, although they do have an oil cleanser)
Collagen Serum
Moisturize with Vitamin A Cream (Twilight Awakening)

My skin is fair, sensitive and prone to redness. I used have several scaly, flaky patches of dry skin and the occasional blemish. I have used many mid-high end products with no consistent luck and no changes to the core issues. After switching to Skin Actives my skin is soft, healthy, less red, NO scaly/flaky patches (I cannot emphasize that enough), and fewer blemishes. This is pure magic for me.

The science behind their ingredients is well supported and the proof is in my pudding soft skin. I'm almost forty and I sometimes get carded buying alcohol.

Make the switch. You will not regret it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this product for over two years now and my husband has been using it for about one year. We have seen good results. We are both 71 and we are holding the wrinkles and collapsed facial features at bay. I just wish we had discovered this serum earlier. We are not turning back the clock, but we are holding on to where we are. We do not look our age, I believe, and this serum has definitely played a part in keeping our skin looking good.
It comes in a plain bottle and is reasonably priced. It must be refrigerated. I even use it on my eyelids with good results and no irritation. It does not promise miracles, it just provides results.
If you are really serious about preventive anti-aging skin care, check out this little indie company. They are the real deal.

on 7/1/2009 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I had very specific questions because of the RX stuff I already use for rosacea, KP, and dehydrated skin; Hannah, the founder, was very clear and prompt in her responses.
PROS: thin, watery liquid, brownish, smooth, slight smell
CONS: none
Because I am a little leary of any new product, I tested it on the back of my hands first. No tingling, in fact it was absorbed rather quickly (it is water based after all). I do shake it up each time I use it - it was a little gritty when I first got it but after shaking it whatever it was went away. I began using it around my eyes and then my face and neck. Its been about 4 days now and truly, the skin structure around my eyes has subtly changed. I wish I had taken a picture before so I could share the after. I may do that now....anyway, I use this am and pm. At night I use it around my eyes, and during the day, all over including my neck. I use Avalon VItamin C renewal cream at night, alternating every few days with Retin A Micro. During the day I use Sonia Kaschuk tinted moisturizer SPF 15 with Physicians Formula light bronzer powder.
I think its well worth the $12 or so plus shipping. Very reasonable for fairly quick changes.

on 7/1/2009 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Hmmm. Don't know what the problem was with the previous poster but I found Hannah to be very responsive to my questions on this product. I had very specific questions because of the RX stuff I already use for rosacea, KP, and dehydrated skin; she was very clear and prompt in her response.

PROS: thin, watery liquid, brownish, smooth, slight smell
CONS: none

Because I am a little leary of any new product, I tested it on the back of my hands first. No tingling, in fact it was absorbed rather quickly (it is water based after all). I do shake it up each time I use it. I began using it around my eyes and then my face and neck. Its been about 4 days now and truly, the skin structure around my eyes has subtly changed. I wish I had taken a picture before so I could share the after. I may do that now....anyway, I use this am and pm. At night I use it around my eyes, and during the day, all over including my neck. I use Avalon VItamin C renewal cream at night, alternating every few days with Retin A Micro. During the day I use Sonia Kaschuk tinted moisturizer SPF 15 with Physicians Formula light bronzer powder.