Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Skin Actives Scientific - Collagen Serum

Distilled Water, Sea Kelp Bioferment, Sodium PCA, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Pomegranate Extract, Natural Active Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid, L-Carnosine, Boswellia Serrata, Niacinamide, N-Acetyl Glucosamine, Centella Asiatica, Horse Chestnut Extract, Betulinic Acid, Green Tea EGCG, Epidermal Growth Factor BT, Germaben II
Formerly called Let's Make Collagen Serum.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My first review here. As a long term beauty addict who has always looked after my skin I am now changing my routine/products to find products which plump the skin, help fight aging and give me that smooth creamy glow. My skin has NEVER been smooth or uniform in colour/texture. Adult acne has left scars on my chin and my nose has black heads even with daily sacilic acid wash/gel. I have been using this for 2 weeks in combination with cleansing with my (new) clarasonic and retinol night cream. Not noticed any scent to it at all. There is a 100% improvement in the clarity of my skin, less redness, no- not even one breakout. The skin is plumper looking and the crepey lines I hate ( on my chin) are softened. Store cold in the fridge and only using at night. Time to add it to mornings on the days I don't wear make up. The consistency is too sticky to wear under make up IMO.

on 5/13/2009 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This stuff is amazing. I've been on a quest to repair the damage done to my skin by years of benzoyl peroxide use, which left my face red, irritated, tired-looking, and showing proto-wrinkles. I'm 26; wrinkles should not be in the picture yet! I'm not trying to look ten years younger or anything like that -- I just want to look like a normal mid-twenties woman!

This serum is a thin, unsticky light beige liquid that applies smoothly and dries to a semi-drying finish. It definitely needs moisturizer or sunscreen over it.

After three days of use, the dry, crepey skin under my eyes has smoothed out and the lightly etched laugh lines around my mouth are significantly shallower. I look fresher and more my own age.

The packaging is less than ideal -- a little glass bottle with a wide-gauge eye dropper. It's just a matter of time before I drop and shatter the bottle, so I'm looking for better packaging.

Skin Actives also offers a lip collagen serum, applied with a lip gloss brush. Same amazing results; my lip lines are smoothing out and my lips are plumper and pinker.

I foresee this becoming a staple in my arsenal. I'm also buying some for my mom, who at 56 is just starting to wrinkle around her lips and eyes. I'll update in a couple months with my results and hers.

**ETA March 2010** I have moved on to other products to better deal with my acne, but I would still highly recommend this. I used it for about 4 or 5 months and it did a great job at repairing the BP damage. I will probably come back to it later in life, assuming it's still around. Just doesn't fit my needs at this exact moment.

on 7/6/2008 12:16:00 AM

This is similar to the CHAS serum which I use during the day under sunscreen and this one at night or when I'm just hanging around the house. I know I like these because when the bottle runs low, I start coveting them and planning my reorder so I'm never without. They both smell like crushed up vitamins and have a somewhat gritty texture that actually absorbs very well into the skin. You can easily incorporate these under your regular creams/sunscreens because they don't really add a layer to your regimin as they are so light and water solulable. Too many serums have goop in them that makes combining with other products difficult. The whole point of these serums is to get the beneficial actives onto your face without a lot of fanfare. As a result, you get great antioxidant benefits at a super price (I don't recall paying 28 dollars -- I paid about half that for one ounce). Check out SkinActives' website, apparently they are updating it.