Filtered by skin type : Other

3.8

Distilled Water, Sea Kelp Bioferment, Sodium PCA, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Pomegranate Extract, Natural Active Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid, L-Carnosine, Boswellia Serrata, Niacinamide, N-Acetyl Glucosamine, Centella Asiatica, Horse Chestnut Extract, Betulinic Acid, Green Tea EGCG, Epidermal Growth Factor BT, Germaben II
Formerly called Let's Make Collagen Serum.

on 8/2/2014 6:57:00 PM

This is one of the HG products that transformed my skin (so much so that when my family saw me in for the first time ~10 months, all of them commented on how my skin looked great).

Packaging, application, texture, smell, product:
-Packed with an amazing combination of actives, vitamin c, l-carnosine, hyaluronic acid, EGF, sea kelp and more.
-The new version is clear and doesn't oxidize(?) as the previous version did. Another upgrade is the texture , it used to be pretty gritty but the new version resolved that.
-It absorbs well but feels a little sticky after application if you happen to use more than a few drops covering the whole face.
-The smell is ok, I actually like that the majority of skin actives products doesn't have fragrance.
-LMC along with the other products in the line is formulated by scientist with legit credentials (outside of cosmetics), Prof. Hanna Sivak.
-One lippie off since packaging could be better.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I do like this serum very much. It contains lots of good for your skin ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid, Green Tea, & Peptides. At $12.50 for 1oz this product is a bargain for all the active ingredients you get for the price. I use this serum at night & I usually put a moisturizer over it. Like other reviewers noted it does smell slightly of vitamins and it is a little sticky upon initial application but it dries quickly and the sticky feeling does go away, The reason I am giving it 4 lippies instead of 5 is that the texture is gritty and even if you shake the product a little it still has tiny white particles in it. That being said it's a great product from skin actives and I will continue to use it!

on 9/1/2009 10:05:00 PM

I really like this product--it is a very powerful set of ingredients for the price. But I am posting this because I really LOVE LOVE LOVE some of the other serums by Skin Actives (not yet listed in productville). When I use the LMC serum in combo with Skin Actives Rosacea Serum, TZone Serum and CHAS antioxidants, my skin is very very happy. Rested, well nourished, clear and radiant. Great actives, no bulls* marketing, extremely reasonable prices & low shipping prices. These items are my must-haves for great skin!

on 11/25/2008 10:36:00 PM

U are not going to believe this - READ Skinactives - DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

Around a month ago, I bought skinactives antinflammatory cream and it made my face tingle, so i went on her forum and this is what I posted.

I just started using the antinflamation cream for my rosacea

My skin looks a little calmer but now it is tingling, burning, itching and feels dry. It has only been 4 days. I cant wait to get home from work to wash it off. Has anyone else had this problem?

Hannah from the site emailed me and told me to stop using it so I did. I have not posted anything else on the site. All of a sudden my account gets deleted a month later. I thought it was a mistake so I emailed Hannah about it. I am still waiting for her response on why i was deleted.
I didnt think anything of it until another person that is a member on the rosacea support group stated that her account was deleted. She emailed Hannah and Hannah told her it was not a mistake that she just didnt think her skincare would work for her since her skin is so sensitive and would not let her be a member anymore because she had posted on her forum that she was sensitive to some of the ingredients in skinactives.
This is discrimination and i am completely stunned. No wonder nothing is ever stated on her forum that they dont like her products, because u say one little thing like I did and she will delete you.

on 9/12/2008 3:34:00 PM

Skin Actives Scientific Website: www.SkinActives.com
I love this website! It sells most of the cutting-edge antiaging cosmeceutical ingredients to the mass public at LOW cost so that you can actually customize your own skincare products to suit your specific needs.
In addition to selling individual key additives, Skin Actives also offers a section of ready-made ready-to-use products & formulas at low cost.
This review is for the ready-made "Let's Make Collagen" serum which is designed to improve & stimulate collagen growth for younger looking skin.
It's available for $12.50 in 1oz, or at even lower overall cost in a larger 4oz dark blue plastic push-top bottle $42.50 (15% discount).
The serum is brown with some white gritty specks throughout & smells a little bit unpleasant but the odor dissipates as the serum quickly sinks into the skin. Feels a little sticky upon application but doesn't feel sticky after it dries. A little goes a long way, so apply just enough to barely smooth over the skin. I find this formula to be very gentle & non-irritating.
Copied from website description of this product -
Properties: Collagen Promotion
Ingredients: Distilled water, Sea kelp bioferment, sodium PCA, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, pomegranate extract, natural active peptides, hyaluronic acid, L-carnosine, Boswellia serrata, niacinamide, N-acetyl glucosamine, Centella asiatica, Horse chestnut extract, hyaluronic acid, betulinic acid, green tea EGCG, epidermal growth factor BT, Germaben II.
Look at all those yummy (a/k/a good for your skin) ingredients! Antiaging skin serum with EGF (epidermal growth factor) for only $12.50 per ounce, that's unheard of! Sounds too good to be true except it is true because Skin Actives is a reliable, dependable, trustworthy company. Very happy to purchase from them. I discovered them when I was searching for the latest growth factor skin serums. They have a comprehensive A-Z online catalog of all the products & additives they offer for all types of skincare needs - dry skin, wrinkles, oily skin, acne, sensitive skin, spider veins, hair loss, rosacea, dermatitis, inflammation, discolorations, other skin conditions, etc.

--- UPDT 12/3/08 ---
I took off 1 point because the odor & grittiness in the texture of this serum discourage me from using it consistently. Good product, but it can use an aesthetic improvement.