Filtered by skin tone : Fair

4.9

Distilled Water, Sea Kelp Bioferment, Sodium PCA, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Pomegranate Extract, Natural Active Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid, L-Carnosine, Boswellia Serrata, Niacinamide, N-Acetyl Glucosamine, Centella Asiatica, Horse Chestnut Extract, Betulinic Acid, Green Tea EGCG, Epidermal Growth Factor BT, Germaben II
Formerly called Let's Make Collagen Serum.

on 6/15/2015 2:27:00 AM

I have stubborn sensitive skin that does not respond to many anti-aging cream out there. But within using this serum in one week, I started to notice my skin feeling smoother and even plumping out somewhat. I only apply this at night right now but I might consider applying it in the morning as well. It consistently gives me smooth skin when I wash it off in the morning. The wrinkles on my nose between my eyes have become less visible as well. I've been using this for 2 months now. Excited to update this review in 6 months or so.

on 9/1/2014 9:49:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this serum for three years now and it's incredible. The whole brand is amazing. My routine:

Morning:
Cleanse with Salicylic Wash
Tone with Ascorbic Acid crystals mixed with tap water
Moisturize with UV Repair Cream

Night:
Cleanse with DHC Deep Cleansing Oil (not Skin Actives product, although they do have an oil cleanser)
Collagen Serum
Moisturize with Vitamin A Cream (Twilight Awakening)

My skin is fair, sensitive and prone to redness. I used have several scaly, flaky patches of dry skin and the occasional blemish. I have used many mid-high end products with no consistent luck and no changes to the core issues. After switching to Skin Actives my skin is soft, healthy, less red, NO scaly/flaky patches (I cannot emphasize that enough), and fewer blemishes. This is pure magic for me.

The science behind their ingredients is well supported and the proof is in my pudding soft skin. I'm almost forty and I sometimes get carded buying alcohol.

Make the switch. You will not regret it.

on 2/28/2013 6:54:00 PM

I'm on my second bottle of this. I have definitely seen marked improvement in my skin using LMC serum. The first bottle I got was there new formulation, but it was still oxidizing to a darker & darker brown as I used it. The new batch I just opened is crystal clear. they assured us that it's still the same formula, it's just been stabilized. Let's hope! I also love the lip collagen serum. My lips are smooth & hydrated & the pigmentation in them looks very youthful (like in my twenties) after just 3 days of use.

on 10/17/2012 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Great stuff. It was a bit brownish and filmy, but they've got a new, even more effective formula. What matters is, it works.

on 3/1/2012 10:31:00 AM

I'm not a fan of anti-aging products. But this actually works. My skin looks more even and firmed, and I have less wrinkles! I googled the ingredients and found out that this serum is full of proven active ingredients.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I do like this serum very much. It contains lots of good for your skin ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid, Green Tea, & Peptides. At $12.50 for 1oz this product is a bargain for all the active ingredients you get for the price. I use this serum at night & I usually put a moisturizer over it. Like other reviewers noted it does smell slightly of vitamins and it is a little sticky upon initial application but it dries quickly and the sticky feeling does go away, The reason I am giving it 4 lippies instead of 5 is that the texture is gritty and even if you shake the product a little it still has tiny white particles in it. That being said it's a great product from skin actives and I will continue to use it!

on 7/1/2009 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I had very specific questions because of the RX stuff I already use for rosacea, KP, and dehydrated skin; Hannah, the founder, was very clear and prompt in her responses.
PROS: thin, watery liquid, brownish, smooth, slight smell
CONS: none
Because I am a little leary of any new product, I tested it on the back of my hands first. No tingling, in fact it was absorbed rather quickly (it is water based after all). I do shake it up each time I use it - it was a little gritty when I first got it but after shaking it whatever it was went away. I began using it around my eyes and then my face and neck. Its been about 4 days now and truly, the skin structure around my eyes has subtly changed. I wish I had taken a picture before so I could share the after. I may do that now....anyway, I use this am and pm. At night I use it around my eyes, and during the day, all over including my neck. I use Avalon VItamin C renewal cream at night, alternating every few days with Retin A Micro. During the day I use Sonia Kaschuk tinted moisturizer SPF 15 with Physicians Formula light bronzer powder.
I think its well worth the $12 or so plus shipping. Very reasonable for fairly quick changes.

on 7/1/2009 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Hmmm. Don't know what the problem was with the previous poster but I found Hannah to be very responsive to my questions on this product. I had very specific questions because of the RX stuff I already use for rosacea, KP, and dehydrated skin; she was very clear and prompt in her response.

PROS: thin, watery liquid, brownish, smooth, slight smell
CONS: none

Because I am a little leary of any new product, I tested it on the back of my hands first. No tingling, in fact it was absorbed rather quickly (it is water based after all). I do shake it up each time I use it. I began using it around my eyes and then my face and neck. Its been about 4 days now and truly, the skin structure around my eyes has subtly changed. I wish I had taken a picture before so I could share the after. I may do that now....anyway, I use this am and pm. At night I use it around my eyes, and during the day, all over including my neck. I use Avalon VItamin C renewal cream at night, alternating every few days with Retin A Micro. During the day I use Sonia Kaschuk tinted moisturizer SPF 15 with Physicians Formula light bronzer powder.

on 5/13/2009 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This stuff is amazing. I've been on a quest to repair the damage done to my skin by years of benzoyl peroxide use, which left my face red, irritated, tired-looking, and showing proto-wrinkles. I'm 26; wrinkles should not be in the picture yet! I'm not trying to look ten years younger or anything like that -- I just want to look like a normal mid-twenties woman!

This serum is a thin, unsticky light beige liquid that applies smoothly and dries to a semi-drying finish. It definitely needs moisturizer or sunscreen over it.

After three days of use, the dry, crepey skin under my eyes has smoothed out and the lightly etched laugh lines around my mouth are significantly shallower. I look fresher and more my own age.

The packaging is less than ideal -- a little glass bottle with a wide-gauge eye dropper. It's just a matter of time before I drop and shatter the bottle, so I'm looking for better packaging.

Skin Actives also offers a lip collagen serum, applied with a lip gloss brush. Same amazing results; my lip lines are smoothing out and my lips are plumper and pinker.

I foresee this becoming a staple in my arsenal. I'm also buying some for my mom, who at 56 is just starting to wrinkle around her lips and eyes. I'll update in a couple months with my results and hers.

**ETA March 2010** I have moved on to other products to better deal with my acne, but I would still highly recommend this. I used it for about 4 or 5 months and it did a great job at repairing the BP damage. I will probably come back to it later in life, assuming it's still around. Just doesn't fit my needs at this exact moment.