4.5

Distilled Water, Sea Kelp Bioferment, Sodium PCA, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Pomegranate Extract, Natural Active Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid, L-Carnosine, Boswellia Serrata, Niacinamide, N-Acetyl Glucosamine, Centella Asiatica, Horse Chestnut Extract, Betulinic Acid, Green Tea EGCG, Epidermal Growth Factor BT, Germaben II
Formerly called Let's Make Collagen Serum.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Huge disappointment! Probably this is the last product I buy online without testing.
I can't say anything about it's performance, because it smells like an animal farm or a zoo on hot day. You know what I'm talking about...
I put it on my face and had to rinse right after. Smell was unbearable. Tried it again on my hand, let it dry. Smell din't go away after couple of hours, and my skin surface stayed sticky.
One of the worst products I ever tried! To the trash it goes!

P.S. There is no way I can write review on company's website. Doesn't look honest to me...

on 11/25/2008 10:36:00 PM

U are not going to believe this - READ Skinactives - DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

Around a month ago, I bought skinactives antinflammatory cream and it made my face tingle, so i went on her forum and this is what I posted.

I just started using the antinflamation cream for my rosacea

My skin looks a little calmer but now it is tingling, burning, itching and feels dry. It has only been 4 days. I cant wait to get home from work to wash it off. Has anyone else had this problem?

Hannah from the site emailed me and told me to stop using it so I did. I have not posted anything else on the site. All of a sudden my account gets deleted a month later. I thought it was a mistake so I emailed Hannah about it. I am still waiting for her response on why i was deleted.
I didnt think anything of it until another person that is a member on the rosacea support group stated that her account was deleted. She emailed Hannah and Hannah told her it was not a mistake that she just didnt think her skincare would work for her since her skin is so sensitive and would not let her be a member anymore because she had posted on her forum that she was sensitive to some of the ingredients in skinactives.
This is discrimination and i am completely stunned. No wonder nothing is ever stated on her forum that they dont like her products, because u say one little thing like I did and she will delete you.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I'm on the fence. I read all the positive experiences and figured why not, it's about time I paid attention to anti aging products. I didn't wake with plumped, glowing skin. In fact my nasolabial lines showed no improvement and the little lines under my eyes progressively got deeper. If after 2 month's use I experience the opposite of my expectations, I cannot commit to continued use -which is sad, because the ingredient list/research is impressive and it really is a bargain at <usd$ 20 with shipping. Le sigh...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For skin that is:

- abused by acids/overexfoliated
- sensitive
- thin/dry/crepey

I love this stuff! My skin drinks it and it looks thicker, though I don't think it does a lot for wrinkles. I didn't realize what a difference it was making till I ran out :(

The active ingredients are pretty amazing. Don't know how they've managed to stay under the radar.

This should be a part of anyone's routine.

on 8/2/2014 6:57:00 PM

This is one of the HG products that transformed my skin (so much so that when my family saw me in for the first time ~10 months, all of them commented on how my skin looked great).

Packaging, application, texture, smell, product:
-Packed with an amazing combination of actives, vitamin c, l-carnosine, hyaluronic acid, EGF, sea kelp and more.
-The new version is clear and doesn't oxidize(?) as the previous version did. Another upgrade is the texture , it used to be pretty gritty but the new version resolved that.
-It absorbs well but feels a little sticky after application if you happen to use more than a few drops covering the whole face.
-The smell is ok, I actually like that the majority of skin actives products doesn't have fragrance.
-LMC along with the other products in the line is formulated by scientist with legit credentials (outside of cosmetics), Prof. Hanna Sivak.
-One lippie off since packaging could be better.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I do like this serum very much. It contains lots of good for your skin ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid, Green Tea, & Peptides. At $12.50 for 1oz this product is a bargain for all the active ingredients you get for the price. I use this serum at night & I usually put a moisturizer over it. Like other reviewers noted it does smell slightly of vitamins and it is a little sticky upon initial application but it dries quickly and the sticky feeling does go away, The reason I am giving it 4 lippies instead of 5 is that the texture is gritty and even if you shake the product a little it still has tiny white particles in it. That being said it's a great product from skin actives and I will continue to use it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

So far, so good with this product. I have only used this maybe 3 times but the crepiness under my left eye seems to be diminished. I keep it in the refrigerator after use as directed. I also shake the bottle before application. The product has a slight vitamin type scent but it isn't very strong. The one thing that I don't like much is the product dries to a very dry finish, but if you put moisturizer over it the feel can go away. I will continue to use and will update if I think of doing so.

on 7/11/2016 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been using this for five years or more... maybe ten? Great stuff. I'm 50 and my skin is still elastic and "thick" instead of that crepey look. And everything at SkinActives.com is great. Been using their stuff for 10 years or more.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My first review here. As a long term beauty addict who has always looked after my skin I am now changing my routine/products to find products which plump the skin, help fight aging and give me that smooth creamy glow. My skin has NEVER been smooth or uniform in colour/texture. Adult acne has left scars on my chin and my nose has black heads even with daily sacilic acid wash/gel. I have been using this for 2 weeks in combination with cleansing with my (new) clarasonic and retinol night cream. Not noticed any scent to it at all. There is a 100% improvement in the clarity of my skin, less redness, no- not even one breakout. The skin is plumper looking and the crepey lines I hate ( on my chin) are softened. Store cold in the fridge and only using at night. Time to add it to mornings on the days I don't wear make up. The consistency is too sticky to wear under make up IMO.

on 6/15/2015 2:27:00 AM

I have stubborn sensitive skin that does not respond to many anti-aging cream out there. But within using this serum in one week, I started to notice my skin feeling smoother and even plumping out somewhat. I only apply this at night right now but I might consider applying it in the morning as well. It consistently gives me smooth skin when I wash it off in the morning. The wrinkles on my nose between my eyes have become less visible as well. I've been using this for 2 months now. Excited to update this review in 6 months or so.