Filtered by age: 36-43

4.4

Distilled Water, Sea Kelp Bioferment, Sodium PCA, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Pomegranate Extract, Natural Active Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid, L-Carnosine, Boswellia Serrata, Niacinamide, N-Acetyl Glucosamine, Centella Asiatica, Horse Chestnut Extract, Betulinic Acid, Green Tea EGCG, Epidermal Growth Factor BT, Germaben II
Formerly called Let's Make Collagen Serum.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Huge disappointment! Probably this is the last product I buy online without testing.
I can't say anything about it's performance, because it smells like an animal farm or a zoo on hot day. You know what I'm talking about...
I put it on my face and had to rinse right after. Smell was unbearable. Tried it again on my hand, let it dry. Smell din't go away after couple of hours, and my skin surface stayed sticky.
One of the worst products I ever tried! To the trash it goes!

P.S. There is no way I can write review on company's website. Doesn't look honest to me...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My first review here. As a long term beauty addict who has always looked after my skin I am now changing my routine/products to find products which plump the skin, help fight aging and give me that smooth creamy glow. My skin has NEVER been smooth or uniform in colour/texture. Adult acne has left scars on my chin and my nose has black heads even with daily sacilic acid wash/gel. I have been using this for 2 weeks in combination with cleansing with my (new) clarasonic and retinol night cream. Not noticed any scent to it at all. There is a 100% improvement in the clarity of my skin, less redness, no- not even one breakout. The skin is plumper looking and the crepey lines I hate ( on my chin) are softened. Store cold in the fridge and only using at night. Time to add it to mornings on the days I don't wear make up. The consistency is too sticky to wear under make up IMO.

on 9/1/2014 9:49:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this serum for three years now and it's incredible. The whole brand is amazing. My routine:

Morning:
Cleanse with Salicylic Wash
Tone with Ascorbic Acid crystals mixed with tap water
Moisturize with UV Repair Cream

Night:
Cleanse with DHC Deep Cleansing Oil (not Skin Actives product, although they do have an oil cleanser)
Collagen Serum
Moisturize with Vitamin A Cream (Twilight Awakening)

My skin is fair, sensitive and prone to redness. I used have several scaly, flaky patches of dry skin and the occasional blemish. I have used many mid-high end products with no consistent luck and no changes to the core issues. After switching to Skin Actives my skin is soft, healthy, less red, NO scaly/flaky patches (I cannot emphasize that enough), and fewer blemishes. This is pure magic for me.

The science behind their ingredients is well supported and the proof is in my pudding soft skin. I'm almost forty and I sometimes get carded buying alcohol.

Make the switch. You will not regret it.

on 2/19/2012 5:11:00 AM

I've been using this about 2 months now. The bottle is generic but sturdy. The smell is natural and I store it in my fridge. I apply it in the mornings.

I was pleased with the customer service. My question were answered promptly and though Hannah by reputation in quite blunt, I also found her to be honest--which is most important to me. I asked how long I could expect before seeing results with the LMCS and she told me, quite honestly, I might never see turn-back-time type results that most popular brands advertised... but that at the very least it would help me maintain the collagen I have. Fair enough, I'm 37 if I can maintain what I have now I'll be rocking my 50's and like I said, her honesty sold me.

Fast forward two months and I am pleased to say that I do see a difference... some crepeiness is smoothing out and I notice that my skin feels a bit thicker. The texture is very "fresh made" and seems quite different than commercial products if that's what you are used to... it pleases me because this way I know I have a product chock full o' actives. I use it in the morning and it goes on smooth, I enjoy rubbing it in on just very barely damp skin... its not at all sticky and has no smell once it is absorbed. I don't wear makeup, but I can't imagine it causing any problems at all. I definately plan to repurchase.

ETA 4/12/12: I ran out of this right after I posted this review and have been out of the country so I couldn't repurchase. I am so pleased that NONE of the smoothness I noted while using this product has left... so it seems that this serum has actually improved the condition and quality of collagen of my skin rather than just temporarily hydrating/ masking it. I'm buying a 4 oz bottle to use on my post-baby belly too!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product, it's cheap, lasts a long time, and best of all works!! I notice a decrease in the fine lines around my eyes and my skin looks better all over. Like other reviewers I shake it before use and keep it in the fridge. It is sort of grainy and smells a bit at first, but it does sink right in. I actually like how clean and tight my skin feels once absorbed, others may feel like the skin feels too dry. The packaging is effective, nothing glamorous. I don't need to look any further for a product - this is it!

on 11/15/2009 12:27:00 PM

As somebody already mentioned I saw instant improvement after using this serum. I'm on my second bottle now and will keep buying. The first time I put it along with my regular moisturizer before going to bed and the next day I was amazed of the results. It's a staple at this point. Can't live without it. Agree that the packaging can use some improvement but I'm afraid that with that also the price will go up. Great product!!!

on 7/6/2008 12:16:00 AM

This is similar to the CHAS serum which I use during the day under sunscreen and this one at night or when I'm just hanging around the house. I know I like these because when the bottle runs low, I start coveting them and planning my reorder so I'm never without. They both smell like crushed up vitamins and have a somewhat gritty texture that actually absorbs very well into the skin. You can easily incorporate these under your regular creams/sunscreens because they don't really add a layer to your regimin as they are so light and water solulable. Too many serums have goop in them that makes combining with other products difficult. The whole point of these serums is to get the beneficial actives onto your face without a lot of fanfare. As a result, you get great antioxidant benefits at a super price (I don't recall paying 28 dollars -- I paid about half that for one ounce). Check out SkinActives' website, apparently they are updating it.