Filtered by age: 30-35

4.4

Formerly called Let's Make Collagen Serum.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For skin that is:

- abused by acids/overexfoliated
- sensitive
- thin/dry/crepey

I love this stuff! My skin drinks it and it looks thicker, though I don't think it does a lot for wrinkles. I didn't realize what a difference it was making till I ran out :(

The active ingredients are pretty amazing. Don't know how they've managed to stay under the radar.

This should be a part of anyone's routine.

on 8/2/2014 6:57:00 PM

This is one of the HG products that transformed my skin (so much so that when my family saw me in for the first time ~10 months, all of them commented on how my skin looked great).

Packaging, application, texture, smell, product:
-Packed with an amazing combination of actives, vitamin c, l-carnosine, hyaluronic acid, EGF, sea kelp and more.
-The new version is clear and doesn't oxidize(?) as the previous version did. Another upgrade is the texture , it used to be pretty gritty but the new version resolved that.
-It absorbs well but feels a little sticky after application if you happen to use more than a few drops covering the whole face.
-The smell is ok, I actually like that the majority of skin actives products doesn't have fragrance.
-LMC along with the other products in the line is formulated by scientist with legit credentials (outside of cosmetics), Prof. Hanna Sivak.
-One lippie off since packaging could be better.

on 7/4/2010 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

SkinActives LMC serum is a miracle worker!! I just turned 30 and have been noticing the slight lines under my eyes and on my forehead and decided to give this serum a try. The best decision I could make- after a months use, the forehead lines are gone and the skin around my eyes looks fresh and plumped like a teenager - I am speechless and will be addicted to this product for life!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I do like this serum very much. It contains lots of good for your skin ingredients like Hyaluronic Acid, Green Tea, & Peptides. At $12.50 for 1oz this product is a bargain for all the active ingredients you get for the price. I use this serum at night & I usually put a moisturizer over it. Like other reviewers noted it does smell slightly of vitamins and it is a little sticky upon initial application but it dries quickly and the sticky feeling does go away, The reason I am giving it 4 lippies instead of 5 is that the texture is gritty and even if you shake the product a little it still has tiny white particles in it. That being said it's a great product from skin actives and I will continue to use it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

So far, so good with this product. I have only used this maybe 3 times but the crepiness under my left eye seems to be diminished. I keep it in the refrigerator after use as directed. I also shake the bottle before application. The product has a slight vitamin type scent but it isn't very strong. The one thing that I don't like much is the product dries to a very dry finish, but if you put moisturizer over it the feel can go away. I will continue to use and will update if I think of doing so.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I write this after one week of product use. I had some very deep laugh lines and I was developing fine lines around the eyes and on the forehead. No big whoop, I'm over 30, it happens, right? NO. Do not go gentle into that wrinkled night. I'd tried and thrown away several creams and was wary of expensive serums (and that brown Estee Lauder stuff did nothing for me), when an Internet search turned up Skin Actives, an outfit that caters to the DIY skincare crowd. Their ready-mixed collagen serum, which I keep in the fridge per directions, has caused the aforementioned lines to vanish. I apply five drops to face and neck in the evenings after a gentle cream cleanser (by UK brand Simple) and follow with Oil of Olay cream for sensitive skin plus a few drops of jojoba oil. I look 25 again. HALLELUJAH. It is $12.50 for one ounce and contains the following: Distilled Water, Sea Kelp Bioferment, Sodium PCA, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Pomegranate Extract, Natural Active Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid, L-Carnosine, Boswellia Serrata, Niacinamide, N-Acetyl Glucosamine, Centella Asiatica, Horse Chestnut Extract, Betulinic Acid, Green Tea EGCG, Epidermal Growth Factor BT, Germaben II. I'm just hoping that EGF doesn't turn out to be a tumor-generator, as Paula Begoun seems to think it might.

on 9/12/2008 3:34:00 PM

Skin Actives Scientific Website: www.SkinActives.com
I love this website! It sells most of the cutting-edge antiaging cosmeceutical ingredients to the mass public at LOW cost so that you can actually customize your own skincare products to suit your specific needs.
In addition to selling individual key additives, Skin Actives also offers a section of ready-made ready-to-use products & formulas at low cost.
This review is for the ready-made "Let's Make Collagen" serum which is designed to improve & stimulate collagen growth for younger looking skin.
It's available for $12.50 in 1oz, or at even lower overall cost in a larger 4oz dark blue plastic push-top bottle $42.50 (15% discount).
The serum is brown with some white gritty specks throughout & smells a little bit unpleasant but the odor dissipates as the serum quickly sinks into the skin. Feels a little sticky upon application but doesn't feel sticky after it dries. A little goes a long way, so apply just enough to barely smooth over the skin. I find this formula to be very gentle & non-irritating.
Copied from website description of this product -
Properties: Collagen Promotion
Ingredients: Distilled water, Sea kelp bioferment, sodium PCA, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, pomegranate extract, natural active peptides, hyaluronic acid, L-carnosine, Boswellia serrata, niacinamide, N-acetyl glucosamine, Centella asiatica, Horse chestnut extract, hyaluronic acid, betulinic acid, green tea EGCG, epidermal growth factor BT, Germaben II.
Look at all those yummy (a/k/a good for your skin) ingredients! Antiaging skin serum with EGF (epidermal growth factor) for only $12.50 per ounce, that's unheard of! Sounds too good to be true except it is true because Skin Actives is a reliable, dependable, trustworthy company. Very happy to purchase from them. I discovered them when I was searching for the latest growth factor skin serums. They have a comprehensive A-Z online catalog of all the products & additives they offer for all types of skincare needs - dry skin, wrinkles, oily skin, acne, sensitive skin, spider veins, hair loss, rosacea, dermatitis, inflammation, discolorations, other skin conditions, etc.

--- UPDT 12/3/08 ---
I took off 1 point because the odor & grittiness in the texture of this serum discourage me from using it consistently. Good product, but it can use an aesthetic improvement.