Revlon Colorstay Lipglaze in Stay Ablaze

Revlon Colorstay Lipglaze in Stay Ablaze
Stay Ablaze

4.3

on 10/9/2012 7:36:00 PM

This is a gorgeous shade for warm complexions. It is the color of autumn itself :-)

on 8/16/2012 1:03:00 PM

There was a sale on Revlon products so I thought I'd buy this. It seems similar to Rimmel's Delirious, which I like. Stay Ablaze tastes like chocolate orange. It doesn't last as long as it's supposed to on me, but I like the colour a lot for daytime.

These Mineral Lipglaze seem to be hit or miss with me. I haven't been too found of the lighter colors and I actually prefer L'Oreal Infallible for the most part. But I absolutely love this shade. Like the previous posters have mentioned, it's that perfect daytime wearable red. This looks perfect on it's on as a sort of sheer brownish red with a hint of coral. But you can layer it over lipstick to change the effect. I've layered it over nude lipstick and gotten a rosy color or I've layered it over brown and got more of a brick shade. It's very versatile and will probably flatter most skintones.

on 8/2/2010 11:50:00 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. I love red lip colors but I'm very very pale and cool-toned so sometimes a brightly colored lipstick can be a bit much during the day. This lipgloss is enough color to make a difference but not too much, perfect for daytime. At night, I'll rub my finger on a red lipstick and pat it on my lips, let it dry, then apply this gloss over it to intensify the color, perfect for a night out.

For me the staying power is the most incredible thing I've seen. It has stuck through food, drink (straw and glass), and just about all day. One time, I took a 5 hour nap with my makeup on and when I woke up this stuff was still there while my other makeup had smeared. I was super impressed.

Everytime my stores put this on sale I pick up a couple extra just in case. I also have Perennial Pink and I highly recommend it too.

on 5/19/2012 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hope Revlon DOES NOT discontinue this color!!!!! I just found it today for 99 cents in a clearance bin; and after coloring my hair a dark medium cocoa brown last night, I had trouble finding the right lip color that did not wash me out. I tried 'stay ablaze' on and whoa it is absolutely Gorgeous!!! Just what previous reviewers said: a subtle very wearable sierra red with slight coral tone. Amazing lip product hands down

on 9/7/2010 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Lovely dark coral. Packaging sucks. A lot of product gets stuck in the container and can't be used, so it's very wasteful. Would not repurchase.

on 9/22/2009 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I needed a new color, something in the reddish family but not too red. For those of you familiar with Clinique Honey Red, this gloss seems to be very close in shade, a bit brighter red with touches of pink and orange. This particular gloss deposits sheer color with a tiny touch of shimmer. It's very wearable but the brightness might scare some off. It's definitely not a neutral shade but it's not in your face either.

Much like the first poster, my gloss is stickier than most glosses but it's not gluey. There was a faint wisp of grapefruit which went away rather quickly. I do like this gloss and now I'm eyeing the Infinite Rose.

on 12/5/2009 10:39:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

A perfect soft, neutral red that LASTS and feels great on. I love this so much, I knew I would when I first saw this shade! I've been wearing this to work each day with a pretty red blush for a radiant holiday look that's not over the top. These Mineral lipglosses are fabulous: They apply evenly, wear extremely well and look gorgeous on. I own two of these and will be buying more.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Stay Ablaze is a pretty red that works well even on my plum pigmented lips. Very pretty versatile color that I believe anyone could wear and look great in. It's non-sticky, and very light on the lips.

on 3/5/2010 11:57:00 AM

Well... I have been so impressed with this product that I thought I really must write a review about it. The first thing I must say is that this last year or so, like a lot of other people, I had to cut my expenses because we are first time buyers who are refurbishing our house and I was amazed at how much things cost when we were shopping in our local diy store. Anyway, I always bought very high end make-up and would regularly walk out a department store having easily spent a hundred pound or so on maybe 3 or 4 products. Thinking about it now I am kicking myself! I use to be very fond of Chanel, Clarins, YSL and Dior lipglosses for various reasons such as shine, colour but also longevity which not many of these gave me. I had never bought any Revlon products before and when I saw some reviews on youtube by Emilynoel 83, I thought I would give it a try and oh gosh I am so pleased I did! I got a lot of things and two lipglosses one being "Stay Ablaze". It is such a lovely very wearable colour! It is one of these reds that is not in your face and I find I can wear this colour very easily. Plus it stays on longer than any of the other lipglosses I have ever used. You cannot expect lipglosses to stay on like a lipstick would but the longevity is definetly a plus and it fades very nicely. I find the smell quite pleasant and not two overpowering and my favourite thing is... my hair does not "glue" itself anymore to my lips! Hourray! Finally but quite important, my fiance has commented about how he likes "my new lip stuffs" and how lovely and non sticky it is when he wants to give me a peck!
So ladies take a look at this lipgloss next time you go to the shop and give it a try in this colour or another, I doubt you will be disappointed.