Guerlain Gourmand Coquin

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Guerlain Gourmand Coquin

on 5/16/2013 6:35:00 PM

I like Gourmand Coquin. I like the nose, the idea behind it, the delicious gourmand it is on others. Unfortunately, it doesn't reveal its entire beauty on my skin. A rich opening with rum and some (little) spice, a delicious scent like a rich biscuit and then dang, makeup. Wafts of gourmand notes from time to time, but on skin, a tired amber or tobacco. My skin eats this up. I'm kind of sad about this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This smells sooooo good!! It is warm and chocolate-y. It does not last as long as the Angelique Noire on me though. This and Angelique Noire are my current favorite scents!

When I told the sales lady at the Guerlain counter that I love Spiritueuse Double Vanille and am considering a purchase, she immediately suggested Gourmand Coquin.

At first spray the luscious top notes floored me.. I was ready to hand over the $250, seduced by the mouthwatering dark chocolate, rum and vanilla. I love gourmands and this was delicious.

However, the rational voice in me said to beware of love at first site in perfume. I sprayed my arm and walked around the store for 30 minutes. Horrors!!! Where have the gorgeous, edible notes gone???

This fragrance develops alright, although the right word would be devolves. I was left with some unidentified linear spice and a waxy scent combo that had nothing in common with the original impression. Disappointing.

It's like being on a date with a knockout gorgeous Italian man (or woman) only to find out within a few minutes that they are a complete bore and not being able to to get out of there fast enough.

Why, Guerlain, why?

on 3/29/2009 12:49:00 AM

I like the last to review this, went to the boutique for the newest, La Petit Robe Noir. The Vegas boutique did have the La Petit Noir but on the same display, the new collection. As much as I liked and wanted the LPRN, once I had this in my hand, all was forgotten! I did not want to like it for the chocolate note. I dont' like chocolate notes that are prominant. And at first, I did detect chocolate. But once on my skin, the chocolate was slight and only lasted a few minutes. All that was left, and for 9hrs I must say, was a soft delicate, very feminine, and only so very slightly sweet. I LOVE gourmand's and I may have to say, this may be the best I have found yet. I did not hesitate to spend the extra $$$ on this. I was already prepared to spend $150 on the LPNR and that once was half the size. With the staying power of this decadant elixir, it will be worth the cost since it shoudl last a very long time!

Popular Fragrances