GUERLAIN Gourmand Coquin

Filtered by skin type : Oily
GUERLAIN Gourmand Coquin

on 2/27/2010 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First of all, I hate both the name and Guerlain's tacky, tawdry, cheap Harlequin romance novel approach to marketing this fragrance!

However much I wanted to write this fragrance off, Gourmand Coquin is the ultimate, rich, gorgeous, gourmand with the traditional gorgeous vanill-y effect Guerlain does like no other. I only smell the rum and peppery notes in the early stages. Certainly it is not "naughty". The drydown is just a soft, rich, gorgeous. chocolatey distinctively Guerlain type of vanilla. It is very soft and comforting and nice to be around. It is sexy only in that my husband finds it pleasing too.

Yes, I agree with the similarities to Parfumerie Generale's Musc Maori et al, but Gourmand Coquin, I must reluctantly admit,. has a richness and a depth to it the others do not.

The bottle is nice, albeit perhaps a little too girly, for many's taste. I find it nice to have a "girly-girl" bottle mixed in with the many contempory, streamlined bottles of late. I also like that it's so distinctively feminine.

The downside is its price. I wish it were sold in a smaller bottle for less $$.

on 10/11/2009 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Love this fragrance. Smells like chocolate but not too sweet. Some woody, floral notes as well that keep the fragrance from being too sweet but is definitely a gourmand. Beautiful bottle.