Guerlain Gourmand Coquin

Guerlain Gourmand Coquin

4.3

I love this perfume the longevity is amazing this stay on the skin forever. It is a really sweet perfume, the Chocolate note dominate for the first hours and then the rum, vanilla and spices take a little over. I do not smell any rose (notes given by Guerlain) for those who do not like gourmand perfume stay away but a definite buy for those who love vanilla and heady perfume. Sillage is also high!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail scent- and trust me, I have tried MANY scents and have searched for them in vain until I ordered a few decants of this beautiful liquid, I am someone who loves gourmands and has looked for the perfect gourmand. I have tried everything from low-end colognes from K-Mart to popular ones like Jessica Simpson to Bath and Body Works to Victoria's Secret to Gucci and Thierry Mugler... yes, the list embarrassingly goes on and on, and so does the thinning of my wallet.

This perfume has notes of rum, chocolate, spices, vanilla, and rose... but the notes themselves merely describe how deep and gorgeous this perfume is. It is the only perfume that has received compliments on my skin. It does not have an artificial vanilla or strong alcohol scent like many others do. It smells sweet, but not too sweet, and not food-y at the same time. It smells like sweet, lush vanilla, chocolate and rum on me but also a little powdery without being too strong and overbearing. I have finished up at least decants and am saving to finally have a full bottle someday. It is appropriate for a young woman but also a more mature one because it doesn't smell like cheap floral-candy. I can't describe it wellvenough; you must try it yourself!

on 3/1/2014 4:10:00 PM

I love this fragrance ..... I fell in love with the description of this fragrance and when I received samples of Coquin I knew that I had to have it ...... this was my Valentine's Day gift which I finally received yesterday (this has been on back-order and it finally arrived and I was so glad as my sample was running low.) I absolutely adore sweeter fragrances as they work best with my body chemistry and I love vanilla as well ..... to me Coquin has a boozy vanilla quality which I love ..... I pick up the chocolate, rum and vanilla ...... it is sweet fragrance but not overly so (this is not a little girl scent.) Unfortunately I have $$$ taste in fragrances, but this is worth it to me since it works so well on my skin ..... two spritzes is even too much on me, however, even with one spritz I find that Coquin lasts all day ..... it is not an overly strong fragrance, but it just smells so good.

on 5/24/2013 12:02:00 PM

Sticker shock kept me from purchasing this on the spot, I adored it immediately after the first sniff (on our vacation to Disney World...sniffed it at Epcot, the France pavilion). I smell rum immediately upon spraying which then mellows out to a creamy vanilla and smooth melty chocolate, almost like hot cocoa. I walked around all day sniffing my wrist and the tester strip. My husband liked it too and probably would have bought it for me if I had asked but I felt guilty about the $260 for perfume (I'm notorious for loving a perfume for a week then hating it so I stick to tiny bottles!). My husband did buy me a decant (5ml) and I have been using it very sparingly and loving it very much. I have saved up over $100 so far and am looking forward to buying and coveting my very own full size bottle soon. I plow through 3 oz of Pink Sugar per year so I'm hoping spraying carefully a 2 oz bottle of GEGC will last a whole year then it can become a Christmas or Birthday gift. :0)

Sillage: 5/5 3 sprays (i each wrist, one just below the bra) radiates nicely, I catch whiffs quite a bit.

Longevity: 4/5 lasts a good 8 hours on my perfume eating skin (that is saying a lot!)

Conclusion: Awesome stuff if you like chocolate/rum/vanilla scents, it is pricey but oh so worth it!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This smells sooooo good!! It is warm and chocolate-y. It does not last as long as the Angelique Noire on me though. This and Angelique Noire are my current favorite scents!

on 11/11/2010 8:27:00 PM

I am in love with this fragrance. Generally not a fan of Guerlain fragrances, but i have sample sprays of this and the Oriental Brulant, and just can't stop smelling my wrists when i have either on nor keep the bf at a distance. I am more partial to this one and while it doesn't have the lasting power of some of my other perfumes, its intoxicating scent is persuading me to acquire a bottle despite the outrageous pricetag, but hopefully santa will deliver.

on 4/17/2010 10:30:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Instant seduction for me. It reminds me of those frothy, sweet cocktails that taste so much like decadant milkshakes you don't realize until the 4th round that you are completely intoxicated. This is boozy ice cream but with complexity, as a little spice and rose are thrown in. The peppercorn note keeps it from being too sweet and there is something earthy about it too. Just got a sample today and wow, I have never jumped onto the internet so quickly to buy a full bottle of a new sample. My husband says I smell good enough to eat and I feel impossibly edible! Since I work in a male dominated field, I guess I better think twice about spritzing this on before hopping in a car with 3 fellow agents to field work because for a gourmand, this is very sexy. This is liquid Lolita comehitherness (is that a word?) I'm loving it.

on 4/14/2010 8:55:00 PM

Bought this fragrance last October. Have worn it almost every day since, and love it now as much as the day I brought it home. Chocolate, rum, vanilla, and pepper... it was love at first sniff. It does remind me ever so slightly of Pink Sugar, but it is a much more complex scent in comparison which lingers throughout the day. I will repurchase in a heartbeat when I run out.

on 2/27/2010 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First of all, I hate both the name and Guerlain's tacky, tawdry, cheap Harlequin romance novel approach to marketing this fragrance!

However much I wanted to write this fragrance off, Gourmand Coquin is the ultimate, rich, gorgeous, gourmand with the traditional gorgeous vanill-y effect Guerlain does like no other. I only smell the rum and peppery notes in the early stages. Certainly it is not "naughty". The drydown is just a soft, rich, gorgeous. chocolatey distinctively Guerlain type of vanilla. It is very soft and comforting and nice to be around. It is sexy only in that my husband finds it pleasing too.

Yes, I agree with the similarities to Parfumerie Generale's Musc Maori et al, but Gourmand Coquin, I must reluctantly admit,. has a richness and a depth to it the others do not.

The bottle is nice, albeit perhaps a little too girly, for many's taste. I find it nice to have a "girly-girl" bottle mixed in with the many contempory, streamlined bottles of late. I also like that it's so distinctively feminine.

The downside is its price. I wish it were sold in a smaller bottle for less $$.

on 10/11/2009 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Love this fragrance. Smells like chocolate but not too sweet. Some woody, floral notes as well that keep the fragrance from being too sweet but is definitely a gourmand. Beautiful bottle.

Popular Fragrances