3.3

$27.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

a month ago

I buy the large automatic pump bottles of this and don’t laugh, not to use on my face. It contains mucho alcohol which I don’t ever use on my face in any product. What I use it for is my armpits. It negates shaving bumps, yes... but using an exfoliating acid on your underarms makes you never smell ever. It doesn’t prevent sweat so I still use deodorant (Donna Karan cashmere mist deodorant which is something like the best selling luxury body product of all times or something). It prevents that stale deodorant scent and keeps the scent whole. If you shave or wax your bikini area, it prevents bumps there as well. Don’t laugh!! Look it up. It’s 100% effective. You may need to use it for a few days before it works to full potential.

About reviewer (389 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

a year ago

These are horrible. When I worked in the Beauty Industry we used to use these to take nail polish off or marks that were left on the counters. They are super stripping, drying and leaves skin inflamed. Really dried out and irritated my skin.

About reviewer (255 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

Huge bottle for 15 bucks. last a while. This has been the best toner at keeping the oil at bay. Swipe my face with a soaked cotton ball and minimal oiliness 4 hours later. Really helps to minimize an oily t-zone. Less overall blemishes as well.

About reviewer (513 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

from

2 years ago

I use this product in the mornings and at night I use #2 and I love both. Definitely I can see that it helps my skin and it gives the freshness. When I don’t want to wash my face during the day, I use the product and it feels completely fresh. Love it.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

2 years ago

I just bought the set and I am pleasantly surprised. I was very surprised when I put this clarifying lotion on for the first time. It is very strong and smells like pure alcohol. Makes my skin burn slightly too. However, that only lasts a few seconds and once the initial burning goes away my skin feels extremely clean and fresh and soft. It also manages to pick up any remaining dirt or makeup on my face. I use the dramatically different moisturizing gel after and my face feels like a whole new face! So far so good! I just wish it wasn't so strong when it touches the skin.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairGrey, Other, Other

EyesViolet

2 years ago

I've used this product off and on for years. I've tried other toners but I always come back to this one. I use it every night after cleansing and removing my makeup and before applying my night cream. It leaves my skin smoother overtime and also removes any trace of makeup I might have missed. This is one of those rare products that's worth every penny.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

2 years ago

I've been using the 3 step system for combination-oily skin for a month now, and all I can say is, two out of the three products are replaceable. Not this. This full size bottle cost me $15 at Bealls. I can see a HUGE improvement in my skin since using it. At first, I got the sample size of the 3 step system. I only used the cleaning liquid and the moisturizer at first, thinking the toner would be too drying. Yes, my skin was better, but I took a chance on the toner and that's when the magic happened. My skin has always had problematic texture, and I have noticed that it does much better with chemical exfoliating than mechanical. Most exfoliating products cause me burns or irritation. Some just haven't made a difference I could see. This stuff gave me the lack of texture I always wanted! My wrinkles look less pronounced, my pores are smaller and my skin much smoother and soft. My foundation looks better too. I go without makeup much more often since starting the 3 step system and this toner made a huge difference. I use the Vitamin C powder cleanser, this toner and the Smart Moisturizer. Perfect combo.

About reviewer (237 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

2 years ago

After years of looking for a toner that would work on my super oily yet sensitive skin, I can finally say that I have found it. My main concerns regarding my skin are oiliness, obviously, but also huge pores on my nose and cheeks that cannot be hidden even with makeup. I had tried countless toners in every price range before, but none of them seemed to work as well as I wished. So, since I saw many people raving about it and since it's considered one of the best toners for oily skin types ever, I figured it was worth a try. And Iove it! My pores appear significantly smaller, my oil has finally been reduced, and my skin hasn't become dry or anything, just honestly healthy and dewy (not greasy). My nose still gets a little oily a few hours after washing it, but I don't think it'll ever completely go away so I'm learning to not let it bother me too much; plus, this might have to do with the fact that I'm currently not using a moisturiser suited for oily skin. Also, I think that as my pores get cleaner and unclogged, I will start producing less oil. I am very satisfied with the results so far and hoping that they will improve overtime. The price is not the worst for my country's standards, either, and it delivers what I wanted so I will certainly repurchase it. BTW: although this is called an "exfoliating lotion" it is NOT an exfoliator, it works as a toner.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlack

from

2 years ago

This was my first toner I ever bought from Clinique as a oily faced teenager! I like their oily bar soap a lot so I figured I should try their toner as a 2 nd step also & I don't want to go too strong to the #4 strength for fear of burning me with the alcohol & I knew the #2 toner did nothing & was bad just alcohol & menthol! The only toners that do any exfoliating is the 3 4 & acne ones From what I recall as a teenager it was such a while ago ii think ???? I just used it only every once in a while to freshen up my face in between washing my face to keep down the oil ! I never did their twice a day exfoliating thing Bc I knew all the alcohol was going to be bad for my skin! I would never buy this again & I have so many little try me samples of this toner I got which Il use up but never buy their toners again! I'm a # 4 in their skin diagnosis I really like the analogy of how some reviewers have said Clinique clarifying lotions are the junk food & fast food of skincare! LOL! &I agree especially in back in the day when their antiiquated 3 steps only had bar soap & the yellow oily lotion as a option only! It's this harsh system that gives Clinique its bad reputation! I think Clinique cleansers & toners are better suited for oily younger tougher skin types that are sensitive to fragrance

About reviewer (236 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal

EyesBlack

2 years ago

Worst toner I ever tried; should be called alcoholic potion rather than a “toner”!

About reviewer (95 reviews)

Age44-55