Clinique Clarifying Lotion #3

Clinique Clarifying Lotion #3

3.2

2011 Reformulation: Water, Alcohol denat., Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trehelose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Violet 2, Red 6, Orange 4

on 8/17/2016 12:57:00 AM

I bought this product because I ran out of my last toner. I have combination to oily skin so I thought why not give it a try. The experience was not fun at all. It dries my skin out too much since it contains alcohol. I can smell the alcohol scent right after opening the bottle. My skin broke out and turned flaky after a few uses.

on 7/30/2016 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Despite having oily skin I used the now sadly discontinued mild toner as a morning toner and had been happy with it. Sales assistant persuaded me to buy this one.

First thing I noticed on application is the very, very strong smell of alcohol and that it can sting a little on application. Looking at the cotton pad after I've used it, it does seem to clean the skin squeaky clean, however, I wonder if it just makes my skin oilier with the high alcohol content.

I'm not convinced about this product and won't be buying again

I love this product! I used a Clean & Clear toner, and I tried this lotion for a month and I LOVE IT. I ended up, buying my own.
Which I love the most about this product is that even I have washed my face, when you apply it (I use a cotton pad) you can still see some dirt in it, so you can tell it is doing it's job.
At first it break me out, but I read some reviews that said it was normal to happened, so it didn't bother me at all.

Now my face is clean, and I really enjoy using this product. I doesn't irritated my skin, for me it controls oil and the bottle is really big, and you don't have to spend a lot of the product on your face, so the price is very reasonable. I bet it would last.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

For me personally I have been really pleased with the results from this product. At first I was surprised at its strong smell (very alcoholic) but after a few uses I noticed how well it helped control oil along with the other steps in the Clinique 3-step system :) would purchase again. Definitely wouldn't recommend for those with dry skin though.

on 11/16/2015 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

You have to give this time and use the soap too!! Changed my pores with consistent use!

I got this in a sample/starter kit with the rest of the 3-step system. The kit lasted me about 6 weeks and during that time I used it religiously because I thought that this would save my skin once it had adjusted. That system did not work for me at all, and this stuff was the biggest sinner of the bunch.

My skin is combination and very acne prone, but also dehydrated. I did try this out in summer time so I would be sure my skin wasn't being dried out by cold and harsh weather.

I want to say that I now think this was the wrong number for me. Despite this I am completely done with their numbered system after this horrible experience and learning that all the numbered clarifying lotions contain alcohol. Instead I recommend their mild clarifying lotion, which've only had for a week or so, but so far is doing great things for my skin without drying it out like crazy. Also if you get "diagnosed" with skin type 1-3 (maybe even 4?) just stay away from soapy cleansers all together.

First off this felt super harsh on my skin. It felt like it stripped my skin completely. I had never used a toner before this so I thought that was how it was supposed to work, and that following with moisturizer would replace the oils in my skin with "good" moisture.
However during the treatment my skin became progressively worse and I got more and more breakouts and signs of damaged skin. The system didn't dry my skin out to the point where it looked and felt particularly dehydrated, so I thought my skin needed time to adjust, but I now realize my skin was over-compensating as hell.

The smell was very unpleasant. It smells like pure alcohol and the scent is so strong that it actually made it uncomfortable to apply, because it felt like inhaling alcohol/chemicals. I had a bit of a cold during part of this "trial" and the smell of this literally made me cough and gasp for air. Also, putting alcohol on your face, even though it might (but probably won't) work wonders for your acne, will damage skin no matter how oily you are, and give you early sings of aging.

I am giving this the lowest rating because of how profoundly bad this is for your skin long term.

Bottom line: even if this, by some miracle, clears up your acne/breakouts, there is so much alcohol in this product that it will damage and age your skin in the long run. It is not worth it.
Go for their mild clarifying lotion, and if that doesn't hack it for you, move on to something else completely.

on 9/16/2015 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I had bought this product because I knew Clinique was one of the best products out there for sensitive skin. I have an oily dry combination so the lady directed me to purchase this one. I had read the reviews before buying it so I knew to be prepared for a brief break out period since it exfoliates the skin. However. I used this product for nearly two months and the break out period never ended. On top of this, this product is completely filled with alcohol. It's one of the first listed ingredients and it's all you smell while applying it to your face. The bottle is huge and a decent price. But the quality in my opinion sucks. Would not buy again or recommend to anybody.

on 6/5/2015 9:57:00 PM

I have been using this tonic for a long time and this is the only product I do not intend to stop using ever! I feel my skin soft and healthy. Unfortunately, it is very expensive in Brazil and I only buy it when I travel to US...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have been using this product for a very long time, but I don't use it as directed.

I have insanely sensitive rosacea skin with mild seb derm and need something to remove loose flakes of skin. I use this every other day, gently sweeping it across my face and up my neck with a cotton pad. Then I rinse it off with cool water and moisturize. I get a lot of the flakes off my skin this way (a lot more than I do using a cotton pad dampened with water alone) and the lotion is on my skin so briefly I experience no irritation, whereas the lotion tears my skin apart if I don't rinse it off. (Btw, yes, I have tried their Mild Clarifying Lotion and it makes my skin very red).

I use Finacea at night and together, these two products help reduce flakiness for me. It isn't perfect, but my skin is much smoother with the Clinique than without it.

on 11/22/2014 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I LOVE this toner. When I don't use it, I notice the difference within days. This helps keep my skin plumped and exfoliated so all my other products work better. It's refreshing, and it's the best thing for stopping breakouts before they start. I don't care what anybody says, this helps my skin. The proof is in the pudding. I've had dermatologists say I have some of the best skin they've ever seen, and people are continually shocked when they learn my age. I'm almost 49 and I still get carded, so as far as I'm concerned for 35+ years Clinique's been great for me.