Clinique Clarifying Lotion #3

Clinique Clarifying Lotion #3

3.2

2011 Reformulation: Water, Alcohol denat., Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trehelose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Violet 2, Red 6, Orange 4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've been using the 3 step system for combination-oily skin for a month now, and all I can say is, two out of the three products are replaceable. Not this. This full size bottle cost me $15 at Bealls. I can see a HUGE improvement in my skin since using it.

At first, I got the sample size of the 3 step system. I only used the cleaning liquid and the moisturizer at first, thinking the toner would be too drying. Yes, my skin was better, but I took a chance on the toner and that's when the magic happened.
My skin has always had problematic texture, and I have noticed that it does much better with chemical exfoliating than mechanical. Most exfoliating products cause me burns or irritation. Some just haven't made a difference I could see. This stuff gave me the lack of texture I always wanted! My wrinkles look less pronounced, my pores are smaller and my skin much smoother and soft. My foundation looks better too. I go without makeup much more often since starting the 3 step system and this toner made a huge difference.
I use the Vitamin C powder cleanser, this toner and the Smart Moisturizer. Perfect combo.

on 3/28/2018 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

After years of looking for a toner that would work on my super oily yet sensitive skin, I can finally say that I have found it. My main concerns regarding my skin are oiliness, obviously, but also huge pores on my nose and cheeks that cannot be hidden even with makeup. I had tried countless toners in every price range before, but none of them seemed to work as well as I wished. So, since I saw many people raving about it and since it's considered one of the best toners for oily skin types ever, I figured it was worth a try. And Iove it! My pores appear significantly smaller, my oil has finally been reduced, and my skin hasn't become dry or anything, just honestly healthy and dewy (not greasy). My nose still gets a little oily a few hours after washing it, but I don't think it'll ever completely go away so I'm learning to not let it bother me too much; plus, this might have to do with the fact that I'm currently not using a moisturiser suited for oily skin. Also, I think that as my pores get cleaner and unclogged, I will start producing less oil. I am very satisfied with the results so far and hoping that they will improve overtime. The price is not the worst for my country's standards, either, and it delivers what I wanted so I will certainly repurchase it. BTW: although this is called an "exfoliating lotion" it is NOT an exfoliator, it works as a toner.

on 2/10/2018 1:51:00 PM

This was my first toner I ever bought from Clinique as a oily faced teenager! I like their oily bar soap a lot so I figured I should try their toner as a 2 nd step also & I don't want to go too strong to the #4 strength for fear of burning me with the alcohol & I knew the #2 toner did nothing & was bad just alcohol & menthol! The only toners that do any exfoliating is the 3 4 & acne ones

From what I recall as a teenager it was such a while ago ii think 💭 I just used it only every once in a while to freshen up my face in between washing my face to keep down the oil ! I never did their twice a day exfoliating thing Bc I knew all the alcohol was going to be bad for my skin! I would never buy this again & I have so many little try me samples of this toner I got which Il use up but never buy their toners again! I'm a # 4 in their skin diagnosis
I really like the analogy of how some reviewers have said Clinique clarifying lotions are the junk food & fast food of skincare! LOL! &I agree especially in back in the day when their antiiquated 3 steps only had bar soap & the yellow oily lotion as a option only! It's this harsh system that gives Clinique its bad reputation! I think Clinique cleansers & toners are better suited for oily younger tougher skin types that are sensitive to fragrance

on 1/5/2018 12:42:00 PM

Worst toner I ever tried; should be called alcoholic potion rather than a “toner”!

on 1/5/2018 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This toner is actually good on my skin. It looks luminous after application and it surprisingly does not dry out my skin. I actually find it quite peculiar that this toner helped reduce my blackheads (compared to the Clinique acne solutions toner) because this one does not have salicylic acid.

One thing that I would like to point out is it contains alcohol so it might dry out your skin. I am aware that alcohol-based toner is not good for prolong use so I am not going to repurchase it. Price wise I do not think it is good value because it is mainly alcohol; I can find a lower priced toner with alcohol in it. Gotta say I wish the packaging has a small opening to it so it does not spill off too much products and also to keep it cleaner.

Two toner application tips that I have for you is to spray thermal water after washing your face, just to make sure that the tap water is completely off of your skin after you applied the toner with cotton pads. The second tip is after applying toner with cotton, pour small amount of toner on your hands and spread it all over your face—make sure it is not too wet or too dry. Place your hands on top of your face to heat your face up so that you skin can absorb the toner well. Then, make sure to apply moisturizer on your skin so it does not dry out. Hope it works out for you because it gives so much improvement to my skin

on 11/10/2017 5:16:00 AM

I've been using Clinique Clarifying Lotion #3 or #4 on and off since I was in my teens. I'm in my 60's now. My skin still has a tendency to oiliness, even at this age, and the clarifying lotion helps to truly clean out my pores when nothing else does. My current routine is Ernest Laszlo and, while my skin had been looking good, perhaps it was the change in seasons...it became muddy looking with a few small blemishes. I pulled out my Clinique #3 and within a day the muddiness was gone and my skin was - yes - clarified. I always have this in my cabinet.

on 2/19/2017 2:50:00 PM

This toner is overpriced. It didn't do anything beneficial for my skin, I felt that I could have had similar results by just wiping my face with cotton dipped in alcohol. Didn't break me out though and when used with moisturiser didn't dry my skin out. I wouldn't repurchase as I didn't see any difference in my skin

on 8/17/2016 12:57:00 AM

I bought this product because I ran out of my last toner. I have combination to oily skin so I thought why not give it a try. The experience was not fun at all. It dries my skin out too much since it contains alcohol. I can smell the alcohol scent right after opening the bottle. My skin broke out and turned flaky after a few uses.

on 7/30/2016 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Despite having oily skin I used the now sadly discontinued mild toner as a morning toner and had been happy with it. Sales assistant persuaded me to buy this one.

First thing I noticed on application is the very, very strong smell of alcohol and that it can sting a little on application. Looking at the cotton pad after I've used it, it does seem to clean the skin squeaky clean, however, I wonder if it just makes my skin oilier with the high alcohol content.

I'm not convinced about this product and won't be buying again

I love this product! I used a Clean & Clear toner, and I tried this lotion for a month and I LOVE IT. I ended up, buying my own.
Which I love the most about this product is that even I have washed my face, when you apply it (I use a cotton pad) you can still see some dirt in it, so you can tell it is doing it's job.
At first it break me out, but I read some reviews that said it was normal to happened, so it didn't bother me at all.

Now my face is clean, and I really enjoy using this product. I doesn't irritated my skin, for me it controls oil and the bottle is really big, and you don't have to spend a lot of the product on your face, so the price is very reasonable. I bet it would last.