Clinique Clarifying Lotion #3

Clinique Clarifying Lotion #3

3.3

2011 Reformulation: Water, Alcohol denat., Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Trehelose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Violet 2, Red 6, Orange 4

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Huge bottle for 15 bucks. last a while. This has been the best toner at keeping the oil at bay. Swipe my face with a soaked cotton ball and minimal oiliness 4 hours later. Really helps to minimize an oily t-zone. Less overall blemishes as well.

on 7/3/2018 9:24:00 PM

I use this product in the mornings and at night I use #2 and I love both. Definitely I can see that it helps my skin and it gives the freshness. When I don’t want to wash my face during the day, I use the product and it feels completely fresh. Love it.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

I just bought the set and I am pleasantly surprised. I was very surprised when I put this clarifying lotion on for the first time. It is very strong and smells like pure alcohol. Makes my skin burn slightly too. However, that only lasts a few seconds and once the initial burning goes away my skin feels extremely clean and fresh and soft. It also manages to pick up any remaining dirt or makeup on my face. I use the dramatically different moisturizing gel after and my face feels like a whole new face! So far so good! I just wish it wasn't so strong when it touches the skin.

on 7/1/2018 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've used this product off and on for years. I've tried other toners but I always come back to this one. I use it every night after cleansing and removing my makeup and before applying my night cream. It leaves my skin smoother overtime and also removes any trace of makeup I might have missed. This is one of those rare products that's worth every penny.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've been using the 3 step system for combination-oily skin for a month now, and all I can say is, two out of the three products are replaceable. Not this. This full size bottle cost me $15 at Bealls. I can see a HUGE improvement in my skin since using it.

At first, I got the sample size of the 3 step system. I only used the cleaning liquid and the moisturizer at first, thinking the toner would be too drying. Yes, my skin was better, but I took a chance on the toner and that's when the magic happened.
My skin has always had problematic texture, and I have noticed that it does much better with chemical exfoliating than mechanical. Most exfoliating products cause me burns or irritation. Some just haven't made a difference I could see. This stuff gave me the lack of texture I always wanted! My wrinkles look less pronounced, my pores are smaller and my skin much smoother and soft. My foundation looks better too. I go without makeup much more often since starting the 3 step system and this toner made a huge difference.
I use the Vitamin C powder cleanser, this toner and the Smart Moisturizer. Perfect combo.

on 3/28/2018 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

After years of looking for a toner that would work on my super oily yet sensitive skin, I can finally say that I have found it. My main concerns regarding my skin are oiliness, obviously, but also huge pores on my nose and cheeks that cannot be hidden even with makeup. I had tried countless toners in every price range before, but none of them seemed to work as well as I wished. So, since I saw many people raving about it and since it's considered one of the best toners for oily skin types ever, I figured it was worth a try. And Iove it! My pores appear significantly smaller, my oil has finally been reduced, and my skin hasn't become dry or anything, just honestly healthy and dewy (not greasy). My nose still gets a little oily a few hours after washing it, but I don't think it'll ever completely go away so I'm learning to not let it bother me too much; plus, this might have to do with the fact that I'm currently not using a moisturiser suited for oily skin. Also, I think that as my pores get cleaner and unclogged, I will start producing less oil. I am very satisfied with the results so far and hoping that they will improve overtime. The price is not the worst for my country's standards, either, and it delivers what I wanted so I will certainly repurchase it. BTW: although this is called an "exfoliating lotion" it is NOT an exfoliator, it works as a toner.

on 2/10/2018 1:51:00 PM

This was my first toner I ever bought from Clinique as a oily faced teenager! I like their oily bar soap a lot so I figured I should try their toner as a 2 nd step also & I don't want to go too strong to the #4 strength for fear of burning me with the alcohol & I knew the #2 toner did nothing & was bad just alcohol & menthol! The only toners that do any exfoliating is the 3 4 & acne ones

From what I recall as a teenager it was such a while ago ii think 💭 I just used it only every once in a while to freshen up my face in between washing my face to keep down the oil ! I never did their twice a day exfoliating thing Bc I knew all the alcohol was going to be bad for my skin! I would never buy this again & I have so many little try me samples of this toner I got which Il use up but never buy their toners again! I'm a # 4 in their skin diagnosis
I really like the analogy of how some reviewers have said Clinique clarifying lotions are the junk food & fast food of skincare! LOL! &I agree especially in back in the day when their antiiquated 3 steps only had bar soap & the yellow oily lotion as a option only! It's this harsh system that gives Clinique its bad reputation! I think Clinique cleansers & toners are better suited for oily younger tougher skin types that are sensitive to fragrance

on 1/5/2018 12:42:00 PM

Worst toner I ever tried; should be called alcoholic potion rather than a “toner”!

on 1/5/2018 12:25:00 PM

This toner is actually good on my skin. It looks luminous after application and it surprisingly does not dry out my skin. I actually find it quite peculiar that this toner helped reduce my blackheads (compared to the Clinique acne solutions toner) because this one does not have salicylic acid.

One thing that I would like to point out is it contains alcohol so it might dry out your skin. I am aware that alcohol-based toner is not good for prolong use so I am not going to repurchase it. Price wise I do not think it is good value because it is mainly alcohol; I can find a lower priced toner with alcohol in it. Gotta say I wish the packaging has a small opening to it so it does not spill off too much products and also to keep it cleaner.

Two toner application tips that I have for you is to spray thermal water after washing your face, just to make sure that the tap water is completely off of your skin after you applied the toner with cotton pads. The second tip is after applying toner with cotton, pour small amount of toner on your hands and spread it all over your face—make sure it is not too wet or too dry. Place your hands on top of your face to heat your face up so that you skin can absorb the toner well. Then, make sure to apply moisturizer on your skin so it does not dry out. Hope it works out for you because it gives so much improvement to my skin

on 11/10/2017 5:16:00 AM

I've been using Clinique Clarifying Lotion #3 or #4 on and off since I was in my teens. I'm in my 60's now. My skin still has a tendency to oiliness, even at this age, and the clarifying lotion helps to truly clean out my pores when nothing else does. My current routine is Ernest Laszlo and, while my skin had been looking good, perhaps it was the change in seasons...it became muddy looking with a few small blemishes. I pulled out my Clinique #3 and within a day the muddiness was gone and my skin was - yes - clarified. I always have this in my cabinet.