LORAC Natural Performance Foundation

LORAC Natural Performance Foundation
Natural Performance Foundation

3.6

(Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Isohexadecane, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Pentylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Glyceryl Ethylhexanoate/Stearate/Adipate, Zinc Oxide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Methicone, Disodium Edta, Ppg-15 Stearyl Ether, Retinyl Palmitate, Xyleinel, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract (Citrus Limonum), Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract (Carica Papaya). May Contain/Peut Contenir: Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxide (Ci 77492), Iron Oxide (Ci 77491), Iron Oxide (Ci 77499)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great foundation. I always mix foundation into my moisturizer, and this is perfect for that. When mixed with moisturizer, it gives a beautiful wash of color/coverage. It covers redness while still looking natural/like skin.
I have the lightest shade, and it is light enough for my extremely pale skin.
I love the hygienic packaging, and I like how you can see how much product you have left.
My only gripe is the price, as I think many drugstore foundations/tinted moisturizers give me similar results. However, the oil-free, fragrance-free formula doesn't break out my skin, which is hard to find for my sensitive skin.
Overall, A-.

I really do enjoy this foundation. It is a very thick cream and I have very dry and ageing skin. I add a single drop of Jurlique Purely Age Defying Face Oil and mix it in with the foundation before blending in with my sponge and it smooths the cream out and helps it go on perfectly.

This is a full coverage foundation which leaves my skin flawless and ready for cosmetic application. A small amount of Lorac Porefection Powder and I am good to go.

I use NP1 in winter and a mix of NP1 and NP2 in Summer.

I have tried soooo many different foundations and This is such an underrated product! This has amazing coverage and lasts forever! It has such an awesome finish too! Not dewy and not matte. Very natural! I love this product so much! If you are looked for a natural non cakey formula that lasts all day this is one you should try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

So I loved the idea of this foundation for my sensitive, rosacea prone skin. The hefty price tag ($36) encouraged me to purchase from Ulta since they have a great return policy. The color match for my fair skin (NP1) was perfect! the consistency was great but it covered nothing. I'm in need of medium coverage ( at least) and this was more of a sheer coverage. Had to return it and back to my fav Clinique Redness Solutions foundation.

on 1/1/2016 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

HORRIBLE. I was really excited because when I first applied it it looked very natural and gave a medium coverage. However, after only a couple hours of just driving in the car my face looked terrible!!! It oxidized on me and that has never ever happened to me. It was super oily and sticky. It rubbed off on my sunglasses. It was all separated and accentuated my imperfections. I've never had an experience like this with any foundation I've tried. Worst foundation.

on 9/11/2015 2:24:00 PM

I tried this foundation at ULTA and it seemed to go on smoothly. When I tried it at home and applied it, it honestly felt like I was putting paste on my face. I would recommend to put this on with a damp beauty blender as this foundation does set in pretty fast.

on 8/8/2015 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product on and off for about 2 years now and I always find myself running back to it. I have ultra sensitive-combination skin (leaning towards oily) and it has never broken me out or irritated my skin. I have tried a wide variety of high end foundations and this product has definitely treated my skin the best. It blends super well and has the right amount of coverage to hide imperfections and underlying redness. A must try if you have sensitive skin!

LOVE IT! I have very fair skin and I also get pretty oily in my T zone like most others, but I also find I have some dryness on my cheeks. I use this with the Smashbox primer (the purple one.. can't remember the name), Laura Mercier translucent powder on my T zone and MAC studio fix pressed powder to finish and it literally last all day. The coverage is very build able and the finish is nice and matte. It didn't emphasize my dry patches nor did it change color throughout the day and the feel was similar to any full coverage foundation, personally I don't mind the feel of thick foundations along as it blends well and does it's job then I'm ok with it. The only thing I wasn't very in love with is how the pump works, you have to twist it up and then pump out the product and I feel that when you start to get towards the end of the bottle the product needs some mixing, which I do on the back of my hand and it's no big deal. I've purchased this many times and will continue too. :)

In comparison: I used the MAC Pro Long Wear foundation in NC25 and I felt that it didn't last very long and it would oxidize making the color orange and it would settle around my nose. I used the same primer as I do with LORAC but the results weren't nearly as good.

on 6/14/2015 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hated this during the summer - the foundation melted off of my incredibly oily skin and transferred onto everything. NP-2 - a fair yellow shade - matches me perfectly, but it would look incredibly pasty in natural light (because of the consistency of the foundation). Now that its winter and my skin is clear, the foundation looks fantastic - very natural, yet also gives a bit of a subtle glow. No issues with it wearing off. I've been wearing it everyday for the past few days and I can't believe how nice it is. I'd say it gives medium coverage, but that's only because I still have a lot of hyperpigmentation.

on 6/11/2015 6:41:00 PM

I never leave reviews, I mostly just read reviews before I buy anything. However, this foundation is WORTH EVERY PENNY! I have super oily acne prone skin, and I have tried almost every expensive name brand that claims they are "oil free" and sensitive skin etc. I've tried Dior, Tarte, Bare Minerals, Makeup Forever, all the expensive brands, but this one actually delivered at a reasonable price (only $36). I also love the fact that the ingredients are all natural and not tested on animals.

Not only does it not make my skin feel oily or greasy upon application, but it also blends very well with my bronzer for a natural look. At first I thought it was too yellow, but if you continue to blend well with a Kabuki brush on the red/dark spot areas it diminishes fine lines and acne scars instantly.

Thank you Lorac for saving my skin! Now I won't have to pile on 5 layers of makeup to achieve the same look.

If you want to see my results, please click the link below