REVLON Colorstay mineral lipglaze in perpetual plum - 550

4.3

on 6/29/2011 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love Perpetual Plum! Its a nice subtle color thats close to my own & its perfect for daytime/office use, has a nice feel to it, very pigmented and has a light citrusy scent which I like :) It also sort of moisturises your lips without feeling sticky.

As for drawbacks, I would say its more of a deep reddish pink than a purple though - so not sure it qualifies as "plum". It also is not as shiny as your traditional lip gloss - I would agree with the other reviewer who described it as a "liquid lip color". As I'm not into the highly-glossed look, this is fine by me.

Staying power? I'm not sure.. it definitely doesn't survive a full meal. I guess I'm still on the hunt for a lip color that does. But I do like everything else about it. Got it on sale a few months back and immediately bought one for my sister as well. Now, its on sale again and so I got my second tube as a backup :)

on 4/10/2010 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this at a BOGO sale at CVS. I have never been a lipgloss person at all, so this intrigued me. On my NW25 skin, the color is lovely, a cooler toned plum IMO. It looks really really nice. The texture is odd, sort of sticky, but nothing that isn't tolerable. It goes on smoothly and easily, and doesn't come off as easily as one would think. The only negative to this is the *scent*. I loathe scented cosmetics, simply because I have very sensitive skin and an equally sensitive nose, and often what smells good to other people is overpowering and nauseating to me. The scent for this is very citrusy. It reminded me of citrus scented cleaning products, to be honest. I hate citrus scented anything, so this is a huge negative for me, hence the minus one lip on the rating. However, I do like the product and LOVE the color, and the smell isn't overpowering, so I will continue to use it and probably repurchase.

on 9/20/2008 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I love the texture of this gloss. It definitely has a lipstick finish as far as pigment goes, and has a nice grapefruit scent to it. Not overly sticky or dry and a great bargain when BOGOF comes around. It seems to last longer than MAC lipglass The color is definitely not plum, more of a reddish pink, but still a great shade. I wish revlon had more color selection in this they always seem to make too many frosty pinks in every line. For reference nc40-42ish here /ga lsf 8