Revlon Colorstay mineral lipglaze in perpetual plum - 550

Revlon Colorstay mineral lipglaze in perpetual plum - 550

3.4

on 11/8/2012 11:41:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Lovely color BUT stayed sticky & came off on my teacup! I'm disappointed & would not buy again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Perpetual Plum is a beautiful plummy color that matches well with my naturally plummy colored lips. This looks very natural and lovely on my pigmented lips. It's very light and non-sticky, so it's a go to in the summer months for me. If you like MAC: Polished Up, Spice is Nice, X-S, O, Chintz you will enjoy this as well. This gloss has an orange scent to it just like my other Revlon glosses.

on 9/8/2009 3:14:00 AM

Interesting product. Colour is not quite as intense as one might think from the tube, but well pigmented. I'm quite pale though, and this still is quite subtle. The finish soon goes from shiny-gloss to a sort of cream lipstick finish - interesting effect! Quite unique in my experience. We'll see about longevity, but that's not my primary aim, so. It feels smooth and moisturising on, nice, not sticky at all like a real gloss. This makes me suspect the colour will stay for hours, but any shininess will soon be completely gone. For shine, this is not a good bet.
Now for the bad part: the absolutely horrific smell!! Awfully strong boozy coconut (I WISH I got a citrusy smell like other reviewers!) and it persists!! Someone just said oh something smells nice, and I'm pretty sure it was my lipglaze, not my perfume! When people are smelling your lipgloss, there's too much scent to it! WHY, Revlon, why?!? This may put me off buying one, actually (got my current one free). Truly terrible scent.

on 12/10/2008 12:54:00 PM

This beautiful shade tempted with its promise of plummy red lips with a hint of shimmer. A fall-fashiony color to be sure. And it was richly pigmented when swatched on the back of my hand. Sealing the deal was the attractive promotional price for its launch at my local drugstore.

It took a single application for me to realize that the deep plummy shade that I saw in the tube complemented my mauve-pink lips almost too well. All I got was a very natural MLBB look and not the deep standout lip color I envisioned.

I found the strong scent (identified as "grapefruit" by a reviewer) off-putting as well.

Can't comment on whether it lived up to the "ColorStay" in its name since I wore it over my Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer though.

All-in-all, it was a decent lipgloss for the price, even if it lacked the "wow" factor for me when I used it.

This does stay on longer than most glosses, not 8 hours, that would be only in our dreams. I think I get a good 3-4 hours out of it, which is not bad. Withstands drinking, but not a full meal.
I like the color, its not that much of a plum, has a lot of red in it. I wish it was more glossy though, but it does make up in color intensity -it looks the same on my lips as it does in the tube.
I like the texture: its creamy and not sticky. Also, it does not dry out my lips like most long wear lip colors do.