Revlon Colorstay mineral lipglaze in perpetual plum - 550

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/8/2012 11:41:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Lovely color BUT stayed sticky & came off on my teacup! I'm disappointed & would not buy again.

on 4/10/2010 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this at a BOGO sale at CVS. I have never been a lipgloss person at all, so this intrigued me. On my NW25 skin, the color is lovely, a cooler toned plum IMO. It looks really really nice. The texture is odd, sort of sticky, but nothing that isn't tolerable. It goes on smoothly and easily, and doesn't come off as easily as one would think. The only negative to this is the *scent*. I loathe scented cosmetics, simply because I have very sensitive skin and an equally sensitive nose, and often what smells good to other people is overpowering and nauseating to me. The scent for this is very citrusy. It reminded me of citrus scented cleaning products, to be honest. I hate citrus scented anything, so this is a huge negative for me, hence the minus one lip on the rating. However, I do like the product and LOVE the color, and the smell isn't overpowering, so I will continue to use it and probably repurchase.

on 7/16/2009 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this in Perpetual Plum. I had read reviews for this product in all the colors on MUA that have been reviewed so far. I knew that this might not be a good choice for me, but there were some compelling reviews that made me want to try it. I got it at Walgreen's on sale at 40% off, so the price was very reasonable. I do not like any sort of fragrance in my makeup or skin care products, so I knew there was a chance that I would not like the fragrance of this product. And I don't. It is a strange grapefruit scent, and while it does fade after a while--or perhaps my nose just gets used to it and I don't notice it after a while--I just do not like that initial strong odor. As for the color, it appears on my lips as one of those "My lips but better" colors. I was hoping for a little more color impact. The shimmer is very nice--I don't generally like shimmer as it is aging for the most part. But this is a subtle shimmer, very smooth feeling, not grainy as some heavily shimmered products feel. It is an attractive look that I found myself liking. I have very fair olive skin--a MAC NW15, with dark ash brown hair and a good deal of grey hair mixed in. This feels on the lips rather smooth, not sticky but a little tacky. It is fairly comfortable, not slick. Texture and pigment-wise, I would call this more of a sheer liquid lipstick, rather than a true gloss or a long-wear lipstick (the type that has the base color, and then the gloss for comfort and shine). I am just rather surprised that the color barely reads on my lips. I never thought I had very pigmented lips, but it seems that I might. I think I may have to return this, thank goodness Walgreens is good about returns. I simply do not like the fragrance, and the color just is not what I was looking for. I would recommend this product to people who do not mind or even like fragranced products, specifically, grapefruit! It is I think a good product for a casual, understated look. It wears fairly well for a sheer, liquid lip color. It lasted through a cup of coffee, part of an ice cream cone for example. If you want very long wear, however, you are better off with the two-step products on the market. I myself did not like the Revlon version of this type--it felt grainy, was hard to apply evenly, and wore off unevenly. Rimmel's version has been much better for me. VERY tenacious. You need an oily makeup remover to get it all off. I hope this review is useful to readers and consumers.

on 11/30/2008 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS COLOR!!!!! This is such a nice plummy wine with soft shimmer color. I'm a PPP with pigmented lips and this has become one of my favorite go to colors. I usually do not like lip gloss because I do not like the goopy/sticky texture but this is not goopy or sticky. It does not wear for the 8 hours but does say on for several hours. The color looks very dark in the tube but it is not that dark on. A sheer layering is very pretty as is putting on the intented full amount. It is very versitle and great for an everyday "running errands" look or a glamour "date night" look as well. This is my favorite shade and sm very happy!!!

I bought Overtime Wine & Perpetual Plum & they are going back to the store - even though it was buy one, get one free. Both of the colors looked better in the tube than they did on me. My biggest complaint is that there is very little shine & after just a few minutes they looked really flat & dull. No objection to the taste or packaging - both were fine. Also I fell in love with Buxom Lips by Bare Escentuals over the weekend...sorry Revlon.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I agree that it doesn't last eight hours, but it stays on better than any gloss I've ever used, at ANY price. The color is shimmery and beautiful. I like the slightly citrus fragrance and will definitely try all the plum and pink shades.