Revlon Colorstay mineral lipglaze in perpetual plum - 550

Filtered by age: 30-35
Revlon Colorstay mineral lipglaze in perpetual plum - 550

on 12/10/2008 12:54:00 PM

This beautiful shade tempted with its promise of plummy red lips with a hint of shimmer. A fall-fashiony color to be sure. And it was richly pigmented when swatched on the back of my hand. Sealing the deal was the attractive promotional price for its launch at my local drugstore.

It took a single application for me to realize that the deep plummy shade that I saw in the tube complemented my mauve-pink lips almost too well. All I got was a very natural MLBB look and not the deep standout lip color I envisioned.

I found the strong scent (identified as "grapefruit" by a reviewer) off-putting as well.

Can't comment on whether it lived up to the "ColorStay" in its name since I wore it over my Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer though.

All-in-all, it was a decent lipgloss for the price, even if it lacked the "wow" factor for me when I used it.

on 11/30/2008 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS COLOR!!!!! This is such a nice plummy wine with soft shimmer color. I'm a PPP with pigmented lips and this has become one of my favorite go to colors. I usually do not like lip gloss because I do not like the goopy/sticky texture but this is not goopy or sticky. It does not wear for the 8 hours but does say on for several hours. The color looks very dark in the tube but it is not that dark on. A sheer layering is very pretty as is putting on the intented full amount. It is very versitle and great for an everyday "running errands" look or a glamour "date night" look as well. This is my favorite shade and sm very happy!!!