Source Naturals Wellness Colloidal silver

No Image

4.4

on 1/19/2017 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been holding off on writing this review for quite some time. I'm doing something that I usually hate. This review page is for "Source Naturals" brand colloidal silver but the kind I use is by the brand "Natural Path Silver Wings". I hate whenever people leave reviews for a different product on a review page for a certain product. I wanted to do this though as opposed to creating a new product listing, because if you click on my review and go to the product page (if that's not where you're reading this from already) you can see some different reviews on colloidal silver and all the ways people are using it.

The second disclaimer I want to make is PLEASE DO NOT ingest colloidal silver or use it topically based strictly on my recommendation. This isn't even really a recommendation, but rather me sharing my experience. What drew me to colloidal silver in the first place was somewhat of an act of desperation. I'm past that now, but am glad I started using it and will continue to. What I'm trying to say is before you even think about buying this stuff RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH. There are people out there who would NEVER put this on their skin, must less ingest it into their body. They all have their own reasons. However, there are people who SWEAR by this stuff and drink it, apply it topically, and even give it to their kids and pets! Please read up on the associated/alleged (depending on your stance) risks and decide for yourself.

What is colloidal silver? An anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-microbial, solution of silver and water. You can purchase it in varying strengths. I've seen anything from 5PPM (parts per million of silver particles to water particles) to 1000+PPM. The higher the number, the higher the amount of silver in the solution (although I've heard that anything above 500PPM or so is a waste because it can only be so effective.) The brand I get has many PPM options available and I use 100PPM. The product itself is a amber-colored liquid. I get mine at a local farmer's market, which I prefer to do because admittedly many online vendors seem kind of sketchy. This is one of those things that if you're going to be using it on or in your body, you want to make sure it's produced properly.

First I'll talk about how I use it in skincare. Since colloidal silver kills bacteria at a rapid rate, one night I decided to put about five drops of it on a cotton pad (diluted even further with water) and place the cotton pad over an affected area of my skin (I was suffering from a really bad acne breakout.) I left it on for about five minutes then took it off and fell asleep. When I woke up the next morning I swear the pores on the area of skin that the silver was applied to were... basically gone? I don't know how to describe it. My acne spots were completely dried up but there was no flakiness. And my pores were so minimized that I couldn't even see them. In that area alone. Also lots of my acne scars appeared to be softened. Of course, the effect was only temporary. I'm not saying this completely banished pores and scars forever. I don't do this every day, but still do it whenever I feel like I need to (up to once a week.) The effects are astonishing. I'm considering highly diluting this (like a tablespoon to 500ml of water) and using it as a toner before bed.

I also personally ingest colloidal silver quite frequently. I used to just take a few tablespoons full straight from the spoon, but the taste was so bitter. Now I mix several tablespoons with an entire bottle of water, and I can't taste the presence of the colloidal silver at all. Since I do this, I am sure to always follow up with some form of probiotic about an hour or so after I drink it. One of the main arguments people give against ingesting colloidal silver is that in addition to killing off the bad stuff in your body, it also kills off the good bacteria in your gut. I've ALWAYS followed up with probiotics and have personally never had a problem. I find that when I take it on a regular basis, I really do feel better. To me it feels like I'm doing something good for my body. There are people who've been using colloidal silver for years and years who feel the same and have never experienced ill-effects.

Again, I hesitate to post this. But for me beauty is more than skin deep. It's also about general health and well-being. I've been dabbling with colloidal silver for around 6 months now, have seen and felt incredible results, and want to incorporate it into my daily routine.

on 12/30/2016 8:24:00 PM

Ok, I'm not normally into all these natural treatments for every single thing, too much money, guessing & worry. But some things I have found really DO work. Especially this colloidal silver. I ordered mine (out of desperation) from utopia silver btw.

To make a long (really long) story short, my dog has a perpetual sinus infection that several vets could not cure. None of the antibiotics were working and he had developed this hole in his face, between his eyes, that constantly oozed & looked so so painful. Finally after spending obscene $$$ on surgery and medicine that did not help, I started googling alternative remedies. I swear on everything, after 2 days of flushing & spraying his wound with colloidal silver it is almost gone. Whenever I see it has dried/evaporated I just spray on some more. His new Vet just took a sample from the abscess today & NO bacteria was found. I am obsessed with stuff now. I put it in my dog's food, in their drinking water, I sprayed some on MY face.. just cause I can ha! I sprayed some on my sore throat & it actually helps.
I'm for sure keeping this on hand for all my kids ailments, boo boos & owies!

on 10/9/2013 9:40:00 PM

I bought this to take internally when feeling run down before a cold tried to take hold. It's amazing stuff and works very quickly. After reading reviews about its ability to heal lesions I put it on my face topically following a very bad pimple outbreak that had me super stressed out bc normally my skin is very clear. The pimples were raised and angry but within ONE 24 hour period of 3x per day application of 30ppm colloidal silver they were flat and healing, including a very stubborn one that just kept being raised (meaning the bacteria inside was still active) after a whole week. I was astounded. No pimple cream I've used in the past has ever worked with such expediency!! I'm so impressed and will continue to put this on my face once per day as a toner to prevent further outbreaks. I also take it once per day to maintain good health, especially while I'm on the road as I often am.

on 12/24/2012 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I bought this because I had been using Uncle Harry's tooth mineralizing products, one of which contains colloidal silver, and discovered that if I bought the ingredients and made it myself I'd save a ton of money. I'm not sure how my own concoction is going to work but Uncle Harry's worked great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I haven't tried this brand of CS in particular because I make my own. I've been making it for about six years, and I use it constantly in one way or another. I carry a bottle of it with me wherever I go, especially while traveling and shopping. It's a great hand--and everything else--sanitizer.

I spray it on my face a few times a day to kill bacteria, and I drink tablespoons of it at a time if I'm sick or have a sore throat. I've used it on my son's ear infections, and have used it for pink eye on a friend's child. I also drink it if I think I have food poisoning. It works on burns and lesions to help them heal faster (hospitals use the stuff) and with less or no scarring. I gave it to my mom's cat who was on her deathbed (the vet said she was not going to make it) and after three days of drinking silver in her water, she was out chasing (and catching!) birds.*

This stuff is awesome, and there's no way you're going to turn blue by using it occasionally for cosmetic purposes. I'm not blue, and I've been drinking the stuff for years. (If you do drink it, make sure to take a pro-biotic to replace the friendly bacteria in your digestive tract.) The Argyria scare is just bunch of tripe that Big Pharma started. But that argument's for another website. ;-)

If you use it a lot, I would highly recommend buying a generator, since it's pretty expensive at the store.

*BTW, I have to state a disclaimer: These are simply my opinions about Colloidal Silver, and that I am in no way saying that CS cures any sort of disease or illness.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Some of the reviews are slightly misleading regarding this product. If you use colloidal silver properly, you will not be turned blue. It's the abuse of this products that causes pigment discoloration of your skin. Just like any other medicine, using it incorrectly can make you very, very ill.
However, if you use it correctly, sparingly, and upon occasion, this is a treatment option for certain types of infections.

I've used it before and my skin is still fair and pale without a hint of blue.

on 1/12/2009 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Ok, I got pure colloidal silver after a thorough research for my dog's skin issues - should say works wonderfully well on cuts and wounds (if you dont have coconut/ neem oil, this is a very good alternative to carry when on hiking or travel). It has a gel like consistency and is difficult to get out of the bottled packaging.

After a series of late night get togethers (read alcohol!), i just didnt give much thought to the night skin care regimen. One night i found my face was so dry..so cleansed well and i reached out for colloidal silver gel..well it was there on the counter (i just applied to my dog!) and read the uses of it.. thought ok, i will apply and see how it works. I like the fact that it is a non-oily gel. I dont regret this experiment at all.

I am currently in OCM, aspirin honey mask regimen. But i would surely say, my pores are kind of less visible (yeah! used the 12 x tweezerman mirror to make sure!) after 1 use of cooloidal silver gel overnight. Now, I dont know if this actually did something different so i tried a week.. i am happy with the results.

I got it in whole foods market. this will last for long if used couple of times a week. Like i said it has uses on animals too, so it could be considered a staple.

I would like to add there are some theories about skin color becoming kinda blue. There are contradictions to the theories.. so just do a test on the part of the skin you can experiement on and then apply on face. I skipped this method and i didnt have a problem till now.

Thanks for reading my review!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I use the 30 PPM (parts per million) Colloidal Silver. There are other good brands besides the Source Naturals Wellness, but this brand is pretty easy to find, is high quality and is TRUE Colloidal Silver.
**Many products called "Colloidal Silver" are not really Colloidal, which (without all the technical chemistry) means they don't work and are not beneficial to your skin.**

It is great for killing bad bacteria on the skin and promotes wound healing. I put it in a little atomizer and mist it on my face after a shower (before all my lotions, etc.), during the day when I feel like it. Especially in hot weather and after working out or doing anything that may make you sweat, before you get to the shower.

I love this product for reducing breakout and helping to heal breakout too, try it and see what you think. You can look up the benefits of silver on skin online, there is a ton of info on it.