Prestige eyeshadow in Golden Retriever

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful gold colour that is relatively inexpensive. I've been using this for several years. Amazing texture. Although it is the sort of shadow that will literally suit everyone, i have to say, this does great things for browns esp. I have brown eyes and this is perfect to bring them out. It looks good with purples, blues, browns. You can use it all by itself for a nice look. I think this with blue mascara is a cute look. Everybody else has described the colour in detail... I just wanted to list some eyeshadow combos this will look good in, in case anybody is at a loss. I saw a great reviewer do this in some mac reviews, (she hs a site called macshadowcombos.com if u wanna see the pics to go with the suggestions)
and found it beyond helpful so i though i'd pay it forward, with cheaper products :) mua is a great resource n sharing ground for these things...
By itself, and dark or bright blue eyeliner. alternatively, mac tilt along crease, this all over lid, dark blue or purple (i use a nameless one by EL) to deepen crease n along lower lashline.
Mac stars n rocket all over lid, mac cranberry in crease/outer v, GR in middle to inner corner of lid.
Orange shadow (i hav a nameless one by mikyajy) to crease, GR on lid, and light yellowish highlighter colour on inner corners.
Blackish reddish colour on outer 3rd of lid (i use the definer shade frm wet n wild comfort zone), mac antiqued or patina on inside n middle of lid, GR dabbed on the middle to inner corners.
Mac cranberry on outer v, gr on outer third of lid, up to outer v. Mac vanilla or WnW brulee or any whitish matte blended on middle lid to inner corners.
Dark green all over lid. (i use bella pierre's but u cn use wever u hav) and lower lashline. Lighter green from crease and blended outwards till it's almost on brow bone. GR on middle to inner corners.
Smudged out black liner (eg mac smoulder)...GR on top (with a wettened eyeliner brush), lined across. simple but effective
A black shadow in crease, star violet by mac (or any mauve-y purple) below to add dimension to crease, prestige shadow from inner corner to middle... Blend so it melds with the purplish pinkish colour.
Dark brown all over lid, till crease, prestige GR in middle to add dimension, and a warm highlighter colour in inner corners.
Mac club in outer V, extended out slightly. Patina beneath crease, all over lid, GR in middle to inner corners.
Mac expensive pink all over lid beneath crease, prestige golden retreiver from middle to outer v, lots of black eyeliner (with liquid, winged out a bit, this will b soo cute).
U should just play around n not even listen to me. This goes well with soooo many looks!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

If you love gold eyeshadow, you may want this drugstore gem. . If Urban Decay Half Baked was too yellow and made you look sickly, you might want to try this. It is very similar to Urban Decay Half Baked but pulls less yellow and applies more smoothly too. I'm NC40-42 and it's gorgeous with a dark matte brown in my outer v. I have a ton of eyeshadows and this is definitely one of the prettiest on me. I'm impressed with how pigmented and smooth it is as well.

on 1/21/2011 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Really nice eye shadow - an orange-gold foil - almost creamy. However, completely wrong for my coloring. I have pink skin, blue eyes, dark mousy blonde hair. Wish they made this in a cool brown.

on 7/14/2010 11:48:00 PM

In terms of quality, texture and pigmentation this is a wonderful eyeshadow. For any warm tone girl I would totally recommend, however I have pale, pale skin and this just makes my eye area look orangey. I should have known just by lookin at in the container that it wouldn't work for me, but it was on sale at rite-aid and I read all the good reviews and just wanted to see what all the hype was about. It is truely a great shadow for that with warm tones, but for a pale girl like me not so much. It has inspired me to try other shades from prestiges eyeshadow line and hopefully they will be similar in quality to this because it could give high end shadows a run for their money.

on 10/4/2006 1:19:00 AM

Wow! I was really skeptical buying this cause it looked so bold. In the pan its a medium gold color. I wanted to test out the shade before buying it but the drug store didn't have any tester for this. So the sales said that I could return it if I didn't like it - so I bought it. I'm SO glad I did cause the shadow looks fantastic on me. I've been an eye liner girl for a loong time and am only now trying to get into e/s. My bf who usually dispise me wearing e/s actually liked this on me so it's definately a keeper!!

FYI: NC25, dark brown hair/eyes. continued >>

on 9/10/2006 6:00:00 PM

I normally keep far far away from most drugstore brands when it comes to eyeshadows, but after reading the rave reviews on this Prestige shadow, I knew I had to try it out. This almost metallic looking orange-y gold looks like what would happen if MACs Goldmine and Amber Lights eyeshadows ever got together and had a baby. This texture and pigmentation of this is beyond awesome. It applies very evenly and fairly vibrantly. And mannn does it blend like a dream! No chalkiness or harsh lines. Ive been using this with Urban Decay Honey Deluxe eyeshadow and MACs Earthly Delight. Good stuff! This is seriously better than a good portion of my MAC eyeshadows. :X Would definitely repurchase if I ever ran out.