Prestige eyeshadow in Golden Retriever

4.6

on 3/21/2011 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I picked this up and a couple other shadows because they were on a great sale. I am very disappointed. It took a lot of shadow to cover the lid, and I could NOT get the blasted stuff to blend. It even end up creasing a couple hours later and I've never had that with any of my other shadows. (I usually use mac) I understand that the quality will be different, but I am just shocked by really how terrible these were.

on 6/1/2003 2:35:00 PM

One word:BEAUTIFUL!

on 10/22/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

One of the most beautiful shades of gold I've seen, and also the most pigmented. I instantly fell in love at Rite Aid. The texture reminds me of Stila e/s but more pigmented and buttery; it doesn't feel like a d/s shadow at all. I love the formula, it's so blendable and smooth. This is a very warm gold color that looks great on everyone except me. On my pale skin it looks orange. :( This shade would look STUNNING on medium to dark skinned ladies. UD Half Baked works much better for me.

on 1/22/2010 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A limerick review for Prestige's Golden Retriever.

Fun metallic shadows all have their place,
So I went with this for a nice change of pace.
This is quite a nice gold,
Fits skin tones warm/cold,
Just make sure you're okay with a dog on your face.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

If you love gold eyeshadow, you may want this drugstore gem. . If Urban Decay Half Baked was too yellow and made you look sickly, you might want to try this. It is very similar to Urban Decay Half Baked but pulls less yellow and applies more smoothly too. I'm NC40-42 and it's gorgeous with a dark matte brown in my outer v. I have a ton of eyeshadows and this is definitely one of the prettiest on me. I'm impressed with how pigmented and smooth it is as well.

on 4/27/2011 1:23:00 PM

This is a very pigmented eyeshadow. The color is gorgeous. However, I found that I can only use a tiny bit of it at a time because it clashes horribly against my fair skin. I think this is due to my cool/neutral undertones. Since this is a true gold/coppery shadow, it does not flatter my complexion. I still find ways to use it. I would use it more if I could. It's a great product and I really wish it would look right on me :(

on 1/21/2011 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Really nice eye shadow - an orange-gold foil - almost creamy. However, completely wrong for my coloring. I have pink skin, blue eyes, dark mousy blonde hair. Wish they made this in a cool brown.

on 7/14/2010 11:48:00 PM

In terms of quality, texture and pigmentation this is a wonderful eyeshadow. For any warm tone girl I would totally recommend, however I have pale, pale skin and this just makes my eye area look orangey. I should have known just by lookin at in the container that it wouldn't work for me, but it was on sale at rite-aid and I read all the good reviews and just wanted to see what all the hype was about. It is truely a great shadow for that with warm tones, but for a pale girl like me not so much. It has inspired me to try other shades from prestiges eyeshadow line and hopefully they will be similar in quality to this because it could give high end shadows a run for their money.

on 3/23/2010 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had came across this eyeshadow at Ulta. I was looking for a gold color that I could use everyday on my eyes and decided to get this eyeshadow. I use it practically everyday. It's a nice gold color, if I put too much on it can sometimes tend to look a bit like bronzey-orange. But overall I still love this eyeshadow. It stays on for a long time and I would definitely recommend it to other people. =)

on 9/22/2008 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this eye shadow. The sparkle is perfect and subtle, but not too subtle. The shimmer makes your eyes pop and sparkle. If you want the color to come out more opaque, I suggest dabbing your eyelids with moisturizer or concealer before applying powder.