MooGoo Natural Full Cream Moisturizer

MooGoo Natural Full Cream Moisturizer

4.3

Constantly in a state of reformulation - see review below.

on 1/10/2018 1:12:00 AM

I got my first bottle of this for Christmas and I love it. My Mum is heavily into this brand and started buying in search of products which wouldn't irritate her skin. She gets eczema on her eyelids and unfortunately most products, including makeup, now illicit quite a painful reaction. After she's been eagerly showing me all the products she has and praising the company, their products and customer service, I acquired some samples from her to try. I fell in love with the Full Cream moisturiser and use it on both my face and body.

It's definitely the best body moisturiser I've ever used (I've tried heaps and always try different ones when I run out). It's not sticky or heavy but really leaves your skin hydrated, plump and smooth. I primarily wanted it for my face though as I'm back on retin-a and I need a moisturising and non-irritating moisturiser. This is perfect - it's very gentle and hydrating and makeup goes over it wonderfully. Though I have dry skin I find it holds up well to heat and sweat (gross, but living in Aus we can have 40C days) and it doesn't tend to melt off your face as bad as some other moisturisers or trap dirt and oil.

I'd highly recommend this. Great for sensitive skin, or if you use harsh skincare like peels or tretinoin. [[Also, just as a PSA, in the past when my skin has been REALLY inhumanly dry from tret I'd use vaseline as a sleeping mask and use a muslin cloth to gently exfoliate dry and rough skin in the morning. Just thought I'd leave that there cause it took me months to learn how to deal with tret.]]

on 7/12/2017 11:29:00 PM

If you'd asked me for my rating of this product a few months ago, I would have said "5 lippies". I've been using this product for 7 years. Obviously, I love(d) it.

However, this is one formula change too far!!! I contacted the MooGoo Customer Service Team about the NEW version of Full Cream two weeks ago, and have yet to receive a response. Not even a generic reply. Very disappointing and obviously turns you off from ever purchasing anything from the brand again.

I will copy-paste part of my email to them below, so other consumers become aware of these changes.

________________________________________________________________________________________

"Having bought and used this specific moisturiser exclusively over the last 7 years, I have seen small adjustments made to the ingredients of this product over time (e.g. small additions of pear, vanilla, preservative changes, etc.), but broadly speaking it appears to have remained essentially the same product.

However, the "new" version of the Full Cream moisturiser that seems to have been recently released appears to be quite a different product. The concentrations of the natural oils (sweet almond, olive, and coconut) have been reduced in favour of increasing the percentage of emulsifiers (cetearyl alcohol and polysorbate 60). The amount of squalane in the formula appears to have also decreased and is now listed lower than the amount of aloe vera juice, suggesting that the "new" moisturiser version is less emollient than the original.

Further, it was astonishing to notice that the amount of vitamin E in the "new" formula has decreased so dramatically that it is now the second-last ingredient, whereas it was originally listed as approx. the 10th ingredient. For a moisturiser that originally sold itself on the promise that it contained milk extracts, the hydrolysed milk protein extract is now listed as the 16th ingredient - it was previously around the 7th ingredient in the formula. In fact, it now appears as though there is more vanilla fragrance/flavour than either the milk protein or the tocopherol.

As a loyal consumer of this particular product for so many years, it is deeply disappointing to see a product I love so much change so drastically. For the same price/size as the original product, I appear to be receiving less natural oils, less squalane, less milk protein, and less vitamin E. The only ingredients I appear to be getting 'more of’ are fragrance and emulsifiers. Considering this, it’s easy to feel short-changed."

I have very sensitive skin and am limited in the products I can use. Therefore I pay attention to labels. All things considered, I think I had the best results from their 2012 version. So FYI, here's how the formula changes over time.....

2008-2009: Water, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Squalane, Coconut Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Allantoin, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Tocopherol, Vinegar, Honey, Piroctone Olamine, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride

2010-2011: Water, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Squalane, Coconut Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Allantoin, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Tocopherol, Vinegar, Honey, Phenoxyethanol (was replaced with Gyceryl Caprylate and P-Ansic Acid during this time), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride

2011-2012: Water, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Squalane, Coconut Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Allantoin, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Glyceryl Caprylate, Tocopherol, Vinegar, Piroctone Olamine, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Honey

2012-2013: Water, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Squalane, Coconut Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Tocopherol, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Allantoin, Piroctone Olamine, Polysorbate 60, Honey, Vinegar (was replaced with Pear Fruit Extract during this time), Hops Extract

2014-2016: Water, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Coconut Oil, Squalane, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Allantoin, Tocopherol, Piroctone Olamine, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polysorbate 60, Honey, Vinegar, Pear Fruit Extract, (from 2015 onwards Vanilla Fruit Extract was also added), Hops Extract

2017 - Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Sweet Almond Oil, Olive Fruit Oil, Coconut Oil, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Squalane, Piroctone Olamine, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Honey, Allantoin, Vinegar, Pear Fruit Extract, Vanilla Fruit Extract, Hydrolysed Milk Protein, Citric Acid, Tocopherol, Hops Extract

on 3/3/2017 2:30:00 AM

I bought after reading reviews on here, thinking it would be great for winter. I like the pump packaging, it's excellent value for money and the ice creamy smell is lovely. Sadly this just isn't very rich, despite the name, and my ancient crone's face feels dry and tight. For younger/oilier skin or as a body lotion it would be brilliant though. One thing I have found it ace for is the odd rogue dry patch after applying makeup- if you pat this on it soaks in and makes flaky bits look better without making all your makeup come off (although since I switched my foundation to NARS that doesn't happen...) A nice product, just not quite what I was expecting.

on 10/26/2016 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

First of all I would like to remind people this isn't a product that will solve ALL your problems!
If you have severely dry skin, this won't work wonders but is great layered with other products.
However if you have normal to dry, this would be wonderful!
I started Roaccutane recently and my oily skin has started getting very dry and almost a little 'scaley'. After my skincare routine, I apply Sunday Riley 'good genes' to help with pigmentation however the Super Vit C serum by moogoo is also very good. I then mix the full cream with Rosehip oil and apply on my skin. It feels wonderful, soaks in and lasts me all day.
So if you're finding it not moisturising enough or feel like it doesn't soak in, definitely add a serum to this.
To me this has a soft vanilla scent which is so nice and the price is very cheap. Worth a try!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is my HG moisturiser. I have extremely sensitive acne prone skin, seborrheic dermatitis on my face, and get horrible itchy/sore body rashes from soaps, lotions, you name it. My skin hates everything!
Moogoo Full Cream is one of two moisturisers I can use with no breakouts and no eczema - I have spent years trying different sorbolene creams, aqueous creams, goat milk lotions, cetaphil etc and they all either hurt my face or gave me acne (actually tried the Moogoo MSM cream as well but it gave me a rash). I use this as a day cream and unlike some other reviewers, I find it really light and non-greasy. Have used it for 2+ years and my skin is the best it's ever been. If you have eczema, or rosacea-like issues, I'd really recommend giving this stuff a go!

on 4/22/2016 2:48:00 AM

Have had this product for about 2 weeks and absolutely loving it so far! I love the creamy vanilla smell of the product (kinda like a vanilla milkshake), it's non-greasy like it says and soaks into the skin beautifully. I'm pretty sure the texture and appearance of my skin has improved since i've started using it and i've had some nice comments on my skin as well. Will definitely repurchase this in the bigger package once i'm out and i'm planning on working my way through trying the rest of the moogoo range.

on 4/6/2016 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The first time I came across this brand, I was intrigued by it's funny name and cute packaging (who can resist a mini milk carton?). Despite my acne-prone and sensitive skin, I decided to go for the full cream moisturiser instead of the acne one because my skin was rather dry and parched for some reason back then.

So I bit the bullet, used about half a pump on my face and the rest on my hands. I was surprised to see that my skin was still well hydrated the next morning! I have been using this moisturiser for a while now and I can confidently say that it does not break me out!

The texture of this moisturiser is pretty heavy (it is called full cream after all) so if you prefer lighter textures, then maybe this isn't for you. But if you have sensitive, acne-prone, combination skin then give this a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love this moisturiser!! Moogoo products are the best for all skin types - so gentle and moisturising, especially for sensitive skin. The smaller pump tubes are fantastic, the larger ones stop pumping just as you get to the end and I've had to unscrew the cap.
Have bought over and over again!
Also- this usually smells absolutely wonderful, although I have had some variation in the smell.

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other

I love MooGoo's udder cream but needed something a bit more moisturising for winter. My combo skin usually is not too fussed but it has turned into a bit of nightmare this winter - sensitive, dry at certain areas and acne prone (eek!). This cream, surprisingly, is less thicker than the udder cream but provides the moisture that I'm after! It has the same vanilla milk scent (which I love) and absorbs well into the skin even when I apply generously all over my face. Thank you MooGoo keep up the good work! I will definitely repurchase! :)

on 6/23/2015 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

[I bought this product mistakenly after thinking it was the MooGoo Skin Milk; I had great results with the Skin Milk after I developed eyelid eczema/dermatitis, it was the only product I found that didn't burn my skin - however the sample of Skin Milk was super tiny and ran out quickly. I was prescribed hydrocortisone ointment for this, which is dangerous around the eyes and can thin the skin.]

After having bought the Full Cream (even by mistake) I'm glad I did! It cost me only 9 from a health food shop in town, and it smells like ice cream or white chocolate on me!
I use it on my face after my other products have had time to absorb, at night I find myself applying more than one layer, and in the day time sometimes if I'm in a rush I blot the excess away. It doesn't irritate my sensitive easily-aggravated skin, and I find my makeup afterwards appears very dewy and glowing.
I have the 75ml pump bottle - the bottle itself is hygienic storage for the cream, and for 75ml the cream lasts a long time (one full pump is enough for an application to my whole face and hands). Aside from this, the cardboard box and label are super cute and I love the little picket fence and daisy motifs!
The fact that all the ingredients are natural and pH balanced is fab for skin like mine (that has undergone cortisone steroid usage) - I also think it's great that a product that comes from a background of animal usage doesn't test on animals.

Overall I'm very impressed with this natural, cute, and sensitive product. I really hope it will help repair any damage that my eczema/dermatitis steroid cream may have caused. Well done MooGoo <3

Popular Lotions / Creams