NYX Professional Makeup Raisin (559)

Filtered by eye Color : Green
NYX Professional Makeup Raisin (559)
Raisin (559)Raisin (559)

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love NYX lipstick, it's very pigmented and doesn't dry out my lips, but doesn't have that funky vanilla taste that MAC has and is just a hint less creamy than theirs. I have MAC Dubonnet side by side with NYX Raisin, the MAC is a hint darker and a hint redder, while Raisin is a little more brown as the previous reviewer said. But, very similar. Actually, there is very little difference between the following shades:
MAC Dubonnet/NYX Raisin/Avon Beyond Color in Brownie/Lancome Merlot/MAC Dubonnet. Lancome Ombre Noir is also similar but the Lancome Ombre Noir is noticeably darker with more bronw/purple to it. If you like red lippies that tend toward the darker, browner, vampier side, I highly recommend this one.

on 9/4/2008 9:02:00 AM

I can't believe no one has reviewed this color yet. I am extremely pale, so I tend to stick with stronger lip colors so I don't look washed out. This shade is a tad more brownish than MAC's Dubonnet, but has the same consistency and the colors could easily pass for sisters. I like to use this color when a full-on red lip will be too overpowering and this always performs to my expectations. It wears well with a classic retro eye - white shadow, light taupe/grey crease color and lots of black mascara. Their liner in Dark Cherry is a perfect match to the color as is NYC's 957 and 957A.