Orly Spark

No Image

3.0

The color of this polish is beautiful. It is a pastel yellow creme. Unfortunately the formula is terrible. It is thick, goopey, and streaky. If you are willing to be patient with the formula I would recommend this polish because it is one of the prettiest yellow polishes on the market. I would make sure you have a good base and quick drying top coat to use with this.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I was looking for a pastel yellow polish & couldn't get hold of Essie Barbuda Banana anywhere! But someone recommended this to me - Spark by Orly. I looks a nice pastel yellow in the bottle. The application is streaky & it took me 3 coats to get an even finish. Because of that, by the time I'd applied it evenly it wasn't the pastel yellow I was expecting but more of a bright summer yellow. It's ok for the money but turns out to be not really a wearable colour & not great application. Wouldn't buy it again but will be keeping it in my collection just in case!

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Spark is a pretty yellow color. It isn't a bright yellow, yet it isn't a pastel. It is a nice in between color. I think Spark looks the best on people with darker/tan complexions.

I had trouble applying this. It was thick and streaky. I used a polish thinner, and that didn't help. It took 3 coats to make it opaque. I used an Orly base coat and top coat (I think I used top to bottom, which is both a base coat and a top coat). It wore well on my toes. I had it on for a week and there were no chips. Half way through the week I got a little bored, so I put on a coat of Sinful Opal Glitter. Spark looked nice with the glitter. It probably would have been even better if I had used two coats of glitter (the Sinful Opal Glitter isn't very thick).

Over all, Spark is a nice color, but I doubt I will buy it again.

Popular Polishes