Coty Kate Moss - Velvet Hour

Coty Kate Moss - Velvet Hour
Kate Moss - Velvet Hour

2.8

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Really love this scent! I love the gorgeous packaging and the deep blue bottle it comes in. The scent itself seems very mysterious and mystical. It reminds of the scent of insense and smoke when you go to a fortune teller. There is also something very elegant and poised about this scent. I am not sure what time "velvet hour" is, but I want to live in this fragrance all the time.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a beautiful perfume! it smells gorgeous, I don't get the bad reviews- it smells nothing like mothballs or all these other allegations. Maybe its just the way that scent adheres to my skin? anywho There is a small liquidating store near me that often gets discontinued makeup items, and the past 2 weeks I have picked up items for a steal (couple boxes of dream blonde hairdye at $5.00 a box, Sally Hansen Makeup etc..) they also got popular items from stores that either went bankrupt and they have recently gotten a huge selection of perfume. I saw this laying around an isle and spritzed a bit on my wrist- the smell reminds me of a forest by an ocean (cheesy, I know!) its very deep, sensual, fresh and slightly musky with a hint of floral. I fell in love, and purchased it for only $1.98! since no box was included...however I'm pretty sure the regular price isn't so steep though. this perfume lasts all day one me, and I adore it :)

on 12/6/2009 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Smells like pure incense.

Oh wow. I sprayed a bit of Velvet Hour on my wrist and couldn't smell anything, so I gave myself four more hearty squirts. I took a whiff and all I could smell was a faint ashtray smell mixed with a faint gardenia (or something like that). On a cardboard strip I sprayed, it smells faintly green-floral-fresh with an overtone of cigarette ashes. I didn't like her original scent either but by comparison it is so much better than this new one. Velvet Hour looked promising but totally failed to deliver IMO. No sale.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

VELVET HOUR is a smoky evening fragrance. I did like the overall impression it creates, but I cant separate any of the individual notes in it - it's a strange spicy/powdery floral mixture.

The dry down of smoked wood adds something unique to this from my other fragrances. A dark spicey undertone that is lovely and warming on chilly autumn/winter evenings.

Scent notes: blue pepper, freesia, cashmere incense, patchouli, nutmeg, sandalwood, amber, ebony and wood.

UPDATE: After a while I began to suffer from my usual migraines and sickness whenever I wore this, so I gave it away. Such a shame.

Popular Fragrances