Coty Kate Moss - Velvet Hour

Kate Moss - Velvet Hour

3.0

on 12/25/2011 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have the shower gel of this, and I bought it at Winners for about 10 bucks. It has a nice evening musky scent, and it was nice for in the shower. I would not pay full price for it as its not a to-die-for scent, but the shower gel was nice and I looked forward to using it. The scent also lasted awhile on my skin even after getting out of the shower.

on 9/28/2010 4:38:00 AM

I bought this because it was realy cheap and I thought might as well try it!!!! It smells lovely and sensual....only con is that it doesn't last long...... but it is lovely. I think the bottle is awful!!!! But smell is sexy and smokey.

This fragrance was on special this week at Priceline and I liked it enough to buy it. On me this is a sheer floral with lots of smokey base notes and I've already had three compliments on it. However I must point out I love musks, so I've been layering it with Jovan Musk, which gives it extra staying power However even without the layering I've still gotten compliments on it. If you love smoky fragances but want something that you can wear during the daytime without feeling too femme fatale, then this fragrance may well be for you. As for the low ratings, it seems that many people think it should be sexier because of the name. Like I said, in my opinion it's not really a sexy night time perfume, but it's lovely nonetheless. My only complaint is the bottle which is an awkward shape to hold.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a beautiful perfume! it smells gorgeous, I don't get the bad reviews- it smells nothing like mothballs or all these other allegations. Maybe its just the way that scent adheres to my skin? anywho There is a small liquidating store near me that often gets discontinued makeup items, and the past 2 weeks I have picked up items for a steal (couple boxes of dream blonde hairdye at $5.00 a box, Sally Hansen Makeup etc..) they also got popular items from stores that either went bankrupt and they have recently gotten a huge selection of perfume. I saw this laying around an isle and spritzed a bit on my wrist- the smell reminds me of a forest by an ocean (cheesy, I know!) its very deep, sensual, fresh and slightly musky with a hint of floral. I fell in love, and purchased it for only $1.98! since no box was included...however I'm pretty sure the regular price isn't so steep though. this perfume lasts all day one me, and I adore it :)

on 6/27/2009 4:49:00 AM

This perfume smells like mothballs and blackcurrant. Ewww.

on 6/9/2009 10:27:00 AM

This smells like the drydown of an upmarket oriental. It's warm and a little sweet & spicy with something "hot" in it- is it the "blue pepper" (one of the notes)? Love the toffee apple note.

It's not exceptional but I like it and it's longlasting, always a bonus. Price is very good too now it's available online at a discount.

on 12/29/2008 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this fragrance on for the third time today and I've come to the conclusion that it's warm and sexy, yet very classy.It's not really striking and impressive, but I find it very elegant, and for that I would definitely buy.

Oh wow. I sprayed a bit of Velvet Hour on my wrist and couldn't smell anything, so I gave myself four more hearty squirts. I took a whiff and all I could smell was a faint ashtray smell mixed with a faint gardenia (or something like that). On a cardboard strip I sprayed, it smells faintly green-floral-fresh with an overtone of cigarette ashes. I didn't like her original scent either but by comparison it is so much better than this new one. Velvet Hour looked promising but totally failed to deliver IMO. No sale.

okay ... i wanna be honest - im VERY VERY dissapointed by this one !

First of all its pure alcohol.

Second : The fragrance smells like my beloved Kate Moss 1 with a lot of pepper, heliotrop, leaf-smell and rotten grapefruit smell.

i hate it.

the bottle is beautiful, but i just hate the fragrance !!!!

huge dissapointment.