Coty Kate Moss - Velvet Hour

2.0

on 1/24/2010 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I first tried this on in a department store and really liked it - a smoky yet clean scent. I kept thinking about it, broke down and ordered a 100ml bottle online for about $35NZD which is an absolute steal. When it arrived I was so excited to try it on but alas was disappointed - it doesn't seem to smell the way it did when I first tried it on. This may be because I have started the BCP since then, so I'm not blaming the fragrance but the effect from it now is a very non-descript 'pleasant' scent. No particular notes stand out, there is a slight smokiness and a light floral accord and staying power is average. It isn't an overpowering smell and it would be hard to overdo it, unlike Michael Kors which is the olfactory equivalent of a fire alarm after two sprays, but it doesn't immediately fade to nothing like Benefit's Maybe Baby did on me. I feel it is too tame for its name 'Velvet Hour', because it is more of an inoffensive office scent with an oriental slant on me. I won't repurchase but will definitely use up the bottle as an everyday scent when I feel like blending in with the crowd.
Edit: this smells lovely sprayed on cushions and blankets.

on 11/14/2008 10:50:00 AM

Fortunately I didn`t buy this perfume,but sprayed some on my wrist at cosmetics store. Well,it`s pure alcohol and 20 min later it starts to smell like lemon. Very boring fragrance,nothing unique about it,ugly model - ugly perfume.

Popular Fragrances