Coty Kate Moss - Velvet Hour

Coty Kate Moss - Velvet Hour
Kate Moss - Velvet Hour

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was watching a Parfums Noir collection video on Youtube, and this very beautiful woman with immaculate taste and a charming European accent held up the Kate Moss Velvet Hour bottle. I have a penchant for buying perfumes that have a dark bottles (scarlet red, black, or blue) and sexy, femme fatale feel (e.g. Dior Addict, Boucheron Trouble, Black Cashmere, Black Orchid, Hypnotic Poison...etc)
Velvet Hour would never be on my radar if it wasn't for this review.

I paid very little for this perfume, and I must admit that I really enjoy the look of the bottle and the juice inside. This wouldn't be my choice for a night on the town because I find it to be rather casual, I usually wear this during the day. I think it would be light enough to wear in the nighttime during the summer, but in the winter it wouldn't be my first choice for a going out scent due to its cleanness. To my nose, this smells very clean, almost detergent like, slightly sweet and woodsy. It sort of reminds me of a lighter version of Yves Saint Laurent Nu. There's definitely an androgynous edge to this that I really enjoy. It's strange that this perfume is marketed to a younger, mainstream crowd because I think this is sort of unusual. Overall, I really like Velvet Hour and I have no regrets about purchasing it.

on 9/28/2010 4:38:00 AM

I bought this because it was realy cheap and I thought might as well try it!!!! It smells lovely and sensual....only con is that it doesn't last long...... but it is lovely. I think the bottle is awful!!!! But smell is sexy and smokey.

Popular Fragrances