Coty Kate Moss - Velvet Hour

3.1

on 12/6/2009 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Smells like pure incense.

on 6/27/2009 4:49:00 AM

This perfume smells like mothballs and blackcurrant. Ewww.

on 11/14/2008 10:50:00 AM

Fortunately I didn`t buy this perfume,but sprayed some on my wrist at cosmetics store. Well,it`s pure alcohol and 20 min later it starts to smell like lemon. Very boring fragrance,nothing unique about it,ugly model - ugly perfume.

Oh wow. I sprayed a bit of Velvet Hour on my wrist and couldn't smell anything, so I gave myself four more hearty squirts. I took a whiff and all I could smell was a faint ashtray smell mixed with a faint gardenia (or something like that). On a cardboard strip I sprayed, it smells faintly green-floral-fresh with an overtone of cigarette ashes. I didn't like her original scent either but by comparison it is so much better than this new one. Velvet Hour looked promising but totally failed to deliver IMO. No sale.

okay ... i wanna be honest - im VERY VERY dissapointed by this one !

First of all its pure alcohol.

Second : The fragrance smells like my beloved Kate Moss 1 with a lot of pepper, heliotrop, leaf-smell and rotten grapefruit smell.

i hate it.

the bottle is beautiful, but i just hate the fragrance !!!!

huge dissapointment.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

Velvet Hour sounds so intriguing! And the bottle with its blue juice and and dark blue cap is so chic. The scent began nice enough with fruits, flowers, and woods - a cross between sweetness and some greens. But a very odd, out-of-place note emerged between the middle and base notes and it turned Velvet Hour into that dreaded Lady Stetson!

on 12/25/2011 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have the shower gel of this, and I bought it at Winners for about 10 bucks. It has a nice evening musky scent, and it was nice for in the shower. I would not pay full price for it as its not a to-die-for scent, but the shower gel was nice and I looked forward to using it. The scent also lasted awhile on my skin even after getting out of the shower.

on 1/24/2010 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I first tried this on in a department store and really liked it - a smoky yet clean scent. I kept thinking about it, broke down and ordered a 100ml bottle online for about $35NZD which is an absolute steal. When it arrived I was so excited to try it on but alas was disappointed - it doesn't seem to smell the way it did when I first tried it on. This may be because I have started the BCP since then, so I'm not blaming the fragrance but the effect from it now is a very non-descript 'pleasant' scent. No particular notes stand out, there is a slight smokiness and a light floral accord and staying power is average. It isn't an overpowering smell and it would be hard to overdo it, unlike Michael Kors which is the olfactory equivalent of a fire alarm after two sprays, but it doesn't immediately fade to nothing like Benefit's Maybe Baby did on me. I feel it is too tame for its name 'Velvet Hour', because it is more of an inoffensive office scent with an oriental slant on me. I won't repurchase but will definitely use up the bottle as an everyday scent when I feel like blending in with the crowd.
Edit: this smells lovely sprayed on cushions and blankets.

on 11/3/2008 8:37:00 PM

For the price and for the class of scent I thought this was actually not bad at all. I don't think I would buy it, but stranger things have happened. I will keep retryint it until one of the two happens: I either fall in love or I decide that this is awfule after all. The first Kate Moss scent was nothing special on me, but I loved it on my sister in law - had no idea this is what it was and could not stop sniffing her... Kate smelles so wonderful on her. Velvet Hour is an ineresting name for it, not sure it's quite fitting, but that doesn't matter to me. The bottle on the other hand reminds me of Casmir by Chopard, but while it works for Chopard it somehow doesn't work for this scent.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

VELVET HOUR is a smoky evening fragrance. I did like the overall impression it creates, but I cant separate any of the individual notes in it - it's a strange spicy/powdery floral mixture.

The dry down of smoked wood adds something unique to this from my other fragrances. A dark spicey undertone that is lovely and warming on chilly autumn/winter evenings.

Scent notes: blue pepper, freesia, cashmere incense, patchouli, nutmeg, sandalwood, amber, ebony and wood.

UPDATE: After a while I began to suffer from my usual migraines and sickness whenever I wore this, so I gave it away. Such a shame.

Popular Fragrances