Coty Kate Moss - Velvet Hour

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Coty Kate Moss - Velvet Hour
Kate Moss - Velvet Hour

2.9

okay ... i wanna be honest - im VERY VERY dissapointed by this one !

First of all its pure alcohol.

Second : The fragrance smells like my beloved Kate Moss 1 with a lot of pepper, heliotrop, leaf-smell and rotten grapefruit smell.

i hate it.

the bottle is beautiful, but i just hate the fragrance !!!!

huge dissapointment.

Oh wow. I sprayed a bit of Velvet Hour on my wrist and couldn't smell anything, so I gave myself four more hearty squirts. I took a whiff and all I could smell was a faint ashtray smell mixed with a faint gardenia (or something like that). On a cardboard strip I sprayed, it smells faintly green-floral-fresh with an overtone of cigarette ashes. I didn't like her original scent either but by comparison it is so much better than this new one. Velvet Hour looked promising but totally failed to deliver IMO. No sale.

on 11/3/2008 8:37:00 PM

For the price and for the class of scent I thought this was actually not bad at all. I don't think I would buy it, but stranger things have happened. I will keep retryint it until one of the two happens: I either fall in love or I decide that this is awfule after all. The first Kate Moss scent was nothing special on me, but I loved it on my sister in law - had no idea this is what it was and could not stop sniffing her... Kate smelles so wonderful on her. Velvet Hour is an ineresting name for it, not sure it's quite fitting, but that doesn't matter to me. The bottle on the other hand reminds me of Casmir by Chopard, but while it works for Chopard it somehow doesn't work for this scent.

on 12/28/2008 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I'm so happy I received this for Christmas! I just love it. I notice a lot of people so far don't like this. On me when I wear this I have gotten compliments quite a bit from a couple co-workers, and some family members. They all say how sensual it smells on me. I find this to be a very warm sexy smell. I love Kate Moss and think shes beautiful. I love to think this is what Kate smells like so I get to smell like her! Ha. The bottle is so beautiful. I wasn't really a fan of her first fragrance but love this one. Also, maybe if this doesn't smell nice it doesn't mix with body chemistry. There is a ton of perfume my mom can wear but when I put it on it doesn't smell the same.

This is a "sexy" perfume, the bottle is ugly and cheap looking but I really like the smell on myself. Personally I don't usually like to wear celebrity endorsed perfumes but I tryed this in the store and it was very sultry and smoky but young. I have had a lot of compliments on it. It is a real shame the bottle wasn't more attractive because I collect beautiful perfume bottles.

on 6/9/2009 10:27:00 AM

This smells like the drydown of an upmarket oriental. It's warm and a little sweet & spicy with something "hot" in it- is it the "blue pepper" (one of the notes)? Love the toffee apple note.

It's not exceptional but I like it and it's longlasting, always a bonus. Price is very good too now it's available online at a discount.

on 6/27/2009 4:49:00 AM

This perfume smells like mothballs and blackcurrant. Ewww.

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

Velvet Hour sounds so intriguing! And the bottle with its blue juice and and dark blue cap is so chic. The scent began nice enough with fruits, flowers, and woods - a cross between sweetness and some greens. But a very odd, out-of-place note emerged between the middle and base notes and it turned Velvet Hour into that dreaded Lady Stetson!

This fragrance was on special this week at Priceline and I liked it enough to buy it. On me this is a sheer floral with lots of smokey base notes and I've already had three compliments on it. However I must point out I love musks, so I've been layering it with Jovan Musk, which gives it extra staying power However even without the layering I've still gotten compliments on it. If you love smoky fragances but want something that you can wear during the daytime without feeling too femme fatale, then this fragrance may well be for you. As for the low ratings, it seems that many people think it should be sexier because of the name. Like I said, in my opinion it's not really a sexy night time perfume, but it's lovely nonetheless. My only complaint is the bottle which is an awkward shape to hold.

I don't get all the negative reviews on this either! I really quite like it as it's quite unusual. This is the only fragrance I could describe as being "fresh and smoky", which is very contradictory!! It's kind of a smoky floral, which sounds weird, but in my opinion it works (well for me anyway!). I wouldn't describe it as an evening fragrance, however it could work well as an evening fragrance in the summer, as it's quite sexy but not at all heavy. I guess it's just not mainstream...... :-)

Popular Fragrances