Coty Kate Moss - Velvet Hour

Kate Moss - Velvet Hour

3.5

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was watching a Parfums Noir collection video on Youtube, and this very beautiful woman with immaculate taste and a charming European accent held up the Kate Moss Velvet Hour bottle. I have a penchant for buying perfumes that have a dark bottles (scarlet red, black, or blue) and sexy, femme fatale feel (e.g. Dior Addict, Boucheron Trouble, Black Cashmere, Black Orchid, Hypnotic Poison...etc)
Velvet Hour would never be on my radar if it wasn't for this review.

I paid very little for this perfume, and I must admit that I really enjoy the look of the bottle and the juice inside. This wouldn't be my choice for a night on the town because I find it to be rather casual, I usually wear this during the day. I think it would be light enough to wear in the nighttime during the summer, but in the winter it wouldn't be my first choice for a going out scent due to its cleanness. To my nose, this smells very clean, almost detergent like, slightly sweet and woodsy. It sort of reminds me of a lighter version of Yves Saint Laurent Nu. There's definitely an androgynous edge to this that I really enjoy. It's strange that this perfume is marketed to a younger, mainstream crowd because I think this is sort of unusual. Overall, I really like Velvet Hour and I have no regrets about purchasing it.

on 11/3/2008 8:37:00 PM

For the price and for the class of scent I thought this was actually not bad at all. I don't think I would buy it, but stranger things have happened. I will keep retryint it until one of the two happens: I either fall in love or I decide that this is awfule after all. The first Kate Moss scent was nothing special on me, but I loved it on my sister in law - had no idea this is what it was and could not stop sniffing her... Kate smelles so wonderful on her. Velvet Hour is an ineresting name for it, not sure it's quite fitting, but that doesn't matter to me. The bottle on the other hand reminds me of Casmir by Chopard, but while it works for Chopard it somehow doesn't work for this scent.

Popular Fragrances