benefit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)

Filtered by eye Color : Green
benefit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)
BeneFit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium

3.6

I personally didn't get on with this. The pencil is lovely when it's sharpened. But gets blunt very quickly even with light use, and as iv had to sharpen it every use almost.. the whole pencil had almost disappeared within about 3 weeks... doesn't last for the price.

on 6/24/2012 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love this pencil.

I have light brown coloured brows and I use this pencil to fill them out.
It glides on great, and the little brush on the other side helps smooth it out evenly.
I find this eyebrow pencil looks very natural. Others I have used make my brows look really artificial and too defined.

This product is best for people trying to create a full, natural brow. I wouldn't recommend this too someone who has very thin brows and its attempting to pencil in large areas with no hair.

The one negative - I find this pencil works best when very sharp. When it gets a bit dull... it doesn't go on very nicely. So I sharpen this quite often.. and because of this it doesn't last very long.

I won't buy anything else!

This pencil is waxed-based so there's no need to apply wax, which I like. The color glides on smoothly and is natural-looking. The only complaint I have about this product is that since it's wax-based, it runs out really quickly. I have to sharpen it every time I use it or every other time. I don't want something to run out when it's so pricey.

on 4/26/2012 11:44:00 AM

I have this brow pencil in Light. The color looks natural, and the construction of the pencil is nice. I like having the color on one side and a spoolie on the other; it's very convenient. The product itself is a little soft, which is good and bad. It's good because it's easy to deposit the color and doesn't tug on the skin. It's bad because it's easy to put on too much. After application and a little brushing with the spoolie, I can't tell I'm wearing a brow pencil. It just looks like my brows are a little fuller. I seem to go through these pencils very quickly, so it can get expensive. I also can't get a very good point when I sharpen it, but it doesn't seem to affect the application. Overall, I think it's a good option, but I'm going to try to find something else that maybe is a little firmer and cheaper. Physicians Formula used to have a great brow product (I think it was called Wonder Brow)...I believe they have a new product, so maybe I'll try that one.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Absolute WORST brow pencil I have ever used, for the price I expected much better, doesn't even compare to the 6 dollar brow pencil I usually get. The color goes on terrible, it's either so light that you can't see it or way to dark and it becomes dull SO quickly I have to constantly sharpen it, and it doesn't sharpen well, you can't get it very pointy and therefore can't create very precise or straight lines whatsoever. Extremely disappointed.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't mess with my brows. I let my girl wax and color them once every few months when I get highlights and lowlights and that is it. But my sister swears by this so I was like ok I'll try it. Well, now I use it every time I wear make up (once a week or so). I find it really easy to apply and blend and it matches my brow color perfectly and doesn't look fake. Not a fan of the price, but then again I will pay for quality products and considering how infrequently I need to buy make up anyway, this is a good deal for me.

on 4/23/2010 10:53:00 PM

I purchased the Light version and I really like it. I have used different brow pencils but I find that this one blends in most effectively because of its somewhat creamy texture. I like a more subtle effect and I find that this brow pencil works well. It also lasts a long time.

on 11/17/2008 2:26:00 AM

I know there's only one other review for this, but I don't understand how it can be so harsh! This pencil is special because it's not just a pencil that colors, but wax AND color. This is awesome because it makes your natural hairs look fuller and darker. You're not supposed to DRAW your eyebrows on, you're just supposed to thicken them with this product.

Anyway, defense aside, this product is spectacular for several reasons. As I mentioned earlier, it is color and wax, so it not only colors your brows, but also thickens them and shapes them. That's where the other end of the product comes in. You use it to brush your brows in the direction they grow so they lay all nice and flat. Oh and another nice thing is that since it is wax-based if you brush up against your brows you won't have a streak on your face because it doesn't smear or smudge. I mean, because of the wax it might spike or look out of place, but nothing you can't adjust in a mirror and certainly not brown across your forehead.

Now I'll admit that I'm a little biased because this is my first brow product, but I've had people do my brows at makeup counters before and this was the first time I was actually inspired to buy the product. I'm cheap and seeing this on my brows inspired me to spend $20 on a pencil...that's impressive, lol. I love it and think you might too! Oh and by the way, I have like medium brown hair and I got the light to medium one. It's a perfect match.