BeneFit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
BeneFit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)
BeneFit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium

3.2

on 2/9/2014 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am very disappointed with this brow pencil. I normally use a wax and a powder but thought I would try a pencil for a change to compare. I bought it in medium and think it comes up very dark, it also draws on like a crayon, flattening my brows to my skin even when I apply it as softly as possible. Please do not waste your money. There are much better brow products out there.

on 8/26/2013 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Think of a waxy crayon - that is what this product is. I bought it at a time when i was experimenting with lots of different eyebrows products. The color is subtle but i cannot for the life of me understand why this has to be like this. My eyebrows are not thick and when i use this product the hairs are flattened against the skin in this waxy substance. I use the spooly and half the product gets removed and then you have to repeat the application. I really did try time and again to make this work. It was not an inexpensive investment, but today was the final straw ... It now sits in the garbage.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

UPDATE: For anyone that likes to know, I have had this for about 2 weeks now, a bit more probably and have used nearly half of it as I have to sharpen everytime I use it. I have replaced with a Clinique one which I much prefer as it's harder so hopefully will last a bit longer.

I bought this in Medium when my MAC eyebrow crayon ran out. I like the fact it has the spooly brush thing on the end. The colour is good - more ashy than other (drugstore) brands I have tried. I own BrowZings as well, but needed a pencil for those days when I don't have enough time for that.

Well. I don't not like this pencil, but it's going to need replacing really, really quickly. It is so soft, I have had to sharpen it every time I have used it. I have to use so much to make it even, then use the brush to neaten. Then the brush lifts a lot of it off....so I end up using even more!

Really wish I'd shopped around a little more before buying this, but I just didn't have time.

I won't be repurchasing this, and unless I find something cheaper than the aforementioned MAC (Spiked BTW) then I guess I will be buying another of those soon.

on 6/8/2012 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

FINALLY a brow pencil that does what it's supposed to do ! Besides the fact that this pencil was obscenely over priced at $30, I love it ! The colour, texture, and staying power are perf !

The only other eyebrow product I have ever been satisfied with is the Laura Mercier eyebrow wax, but I'm definitely keeping the benefit pencil as a staple now too, it's a lot easier to apply than the LM and covers bare spots more seamlessly.

I've always been afraid of penciling my eyebrows due to how fake and ugly it looks on some women but this pencil gives a very natural look to your eyebrows. I have thin eyebrows that naturally don't have much shape to them but this pencil helps them look thicker and more shapely. I recommend using the comb first to shape your eyebrows, pencil in your eyebrows (conservatively) then taking the comb over them again to give them a lighter, wispy and more natural look. Worth the money (about $20). Hope this helps!

on 12/18/2011 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been searching for a natural-looking brow pencil for a long time, and I have finally found it. I use the "Light" shade, and I have light brown honey-colored hair.

This pencil is the exact same shade as my brows, which is why it works so well for me. I'd recommend swatching it in the store to see if you have a good match before buying since everyone's brows are different.

The texture is smooth and soft, so I don't feel like I'm drawing on my face with a hard pencil. In comparison to the Dior Blonde brow pencil, which seems to be a popular one, the Benefit pencil is softer, less red and more of an ashy blond color.

I love the little brow brush on the other end- it's exactly what I need to make my brows look less like a muppet. They don't call Benefit the brow experts for nothin'.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This would be a better product if the tip of the pencil would not break so easily. It is very soft. The color and spoolie brush are both nice. It lasts well on the brows. But the tip has broken off twice. :(

on 5/30/2011 9:21:00 PM

it works pretty well, but not fantastically. i still use it every day and it looks good and matches my color pretty well, but i have to sharpen it alllllllllllll the time. which upsets me because it makes me feel like i am wasting the product which is pretty expensive. maybe i am just pressing too hard or something. i would recommended this if you have sparse or thin eyebrows because it looks great and stays all day long:)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Gorgeous pencil, BUT, I think it's a bit of a swizz that it won't sharpen in normal pencil sharpeners. I found this out because I tried a few times and ground it down really badly. So then you have to go and buy a special Benefit one that costs about 4.

But the pencil is great. Colour is perfect for my brows, and the brush on the other end is amazing - it really shapes your brows so so easily.

on 1/6/2010 8:46:00 AM

I got this in dark after being very cautious and reading the reviews. For someone with massively sparse brows like mine a name like "instant brow" isn't going to go un-noticed. I like that Benefit is always trying to save time for people when they put their makeup on, it's just a shame that most of the time the time saving only works when you're perfect but just need a bit of colour... how many girls out there are perfect?? No...me either.

In any case, I did buy this eyebrow pencil, i thought it was worth a try as it seemed to be either a hit or miss affair. My conclusion is most definitely a positive one.
The pencil tames the hairs I do have and goes on nicely providing i use a light hand, it's quick to use and doesn't show up "brow shine" on the bald spots i've got like other methods of filling my brows in have in the past!! My brows I think look more natural now than they did before, I definitely like it.

What I don't like is how light the colour is, I know it's universal but I have to lightly fill in a little with a dark brown eyeshadow just to give some more definition. Annoying but not a massive problem.

I don't like the price considering how fast this stuff goes down, but I suppose that's the problem with buying high end 2 in 1 type products!! It's worth it for the results and I choose to spend the money so I can hardly complain. Brows are hardly one of lifes ESSENTIAL living needs.
I don't like that the product runs out so fast and goes blunt so fast. grrrrr.
I don't like the fact that I can't touch up application because it makes the wax collect in some places and not apply in others, so i have to take the whole lot off to get a new smooth application. Annoying.

Overall I'm liking, but there ARE negatives, for people with perfectly good but needs a little definition brows, I can see that this would be a deal breaker and cause the outraged reviews. But for a girl with NO brows and also no time in the morning, it works for me. And it doesn't smudge everywhere like i thought it might. Win.

Popular Brows Products