benefit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
benefit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)
BeneFit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium

3.5

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have Brow Zings in my makeup kit and knowing I like some Benefit's products and recently had the need to buy a new eyebrow pencil. I recently purchased this product through Myer's flagship store last week.

I use my Brow Zings when I have time to apply the product (takes me good 10-15 mins of perfecting my brows) and I like using eyebrow pencils when I'm in a rush. My usual go-to products for brows are:

Essence eyebrow pencils in dark brown shade
IT Cosmetics Brow Power in universal taupe.

Benefit's Instant Brow Pencil came in a dainty box that feels glamorous and the dual-sided pencil is in the box, being the end is the product and the other a spoolie. I like the feeling of the spoolie if you ask me, the brush is quite soft and the product, on the other hand, is buttery soft and very creamy.

When I swatched and tested this in the store, I loved the product's blendable and smooth application while remaining to be quite waxy to stay put throughout the day. I bought the product and gave it a test run for a week till I decided to write a review of it.

I like how easy it is to make your brows soft and natural with this product. The colour matches my hair and skin tone perfectly and the volume and fullness this product gives my brows. I have quite thick eyebrows and it fills the gaps in perfectly.

The gripes I have with this product were having to sharpen them constantly every single application, the pencil not sharpening as pretty as it should (though the product perfectly works on my sharpener) and my product is already sliding in and out of the pencil. It was quite a surprise to find my product already halfway out of the pencil. It is also pretty quick to finish the pencil and it makes me feel cheap regarding the product. I don't want to find myself constantly in their store buying this product at all.

Probably, I might end up buying another high-end product till I am satisfied with my eyebrow product or go back to my Essence brow products again.

on 11/21/2015 3:00:00 PM

You really need a light hand to use this pencil. I like the spooly on the end but it was just really difficult to use especially when you're in a hurry.

on 9/1/2015 10:44:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This pencil is really waxy and goes on easily and smoothly. I have a very light hand so putting on too much is not a problem for me.

That being said, a lot of product is being used when I am doing my eyebrows. I can see this pencil being gone in about a month or even a little less if I used this pencil everyday. It's just way too expensive for this price if this pencil goes away that quickly! 2 uses and I already have to sharpen the pencil.
Also, there isn't a good range for the shades the offer, it's pretty much between black or white..

The medium shade is a bit too light for me while the deep is a bit too dark for my taste.
Though the spooly at the end does a great job of grooming and blending.

on 7/17/2015 2:36:00 PM

I've gone through 3 sticks of this brow pencil to absolutely ascertain that it is not great. The consistency of the product is very creamy and applies too much pigment for my taste. Also, application of the pigment tends to not be very uniform or even. I often have patchy parts that I have to fill in more, or parts that are too dark that I have to blend out with the spoolie. Because I used the spoolie so much and the product was so creamy, the spoolie ended up getting gunked up quickly from the excess product I would blend out.

There is also not a great range of shades. I have black hair, but find the black color (I believe it is called 'Ebony') to be too harsh while the next lighter color (a brownish color) has too many red tones. At $22-$23 per pencil, there are much better alternatives out there.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This a a tinted wax that runs out very quickly, I thought it would be less waxy but it's good for making a shape and putting powder over it so it doesn't slide anywhere. But sharpening it losses alot of products so take the wax with a bush for a more precise shape without wasting it all

on 1/19/2015 7:45:00 PM

Great eyebrow pencil, and I've tried quite a few other ones. Goes on easy and softly, i like the medium shade its perfect for me as I have blonde hair and brown eyebrows but not dark brown, so medium is a great in between brown. its the perfect shade for my colouring...

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I like this. It adds a nice color to my brows and the tip is very soft, making it easy to glide/use. My only concern is that I have to sharpen this pencil RATHER often. I don't use this everyday, but I feel like if I do, I'll be out of it in 1-2 months. This is pretty pricey if I were to compare it to drugstore eyebrow pencils. I didn't find anything else wrong with this, but I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

There are superior products to this at the drugstore. This pencil is too creamy and can smear easily. I will not purchase.

This pencil is wierd and too soft. I got it in the color deep and I must say its so ashy that it looks gray. Also you have to keep sharpening this pencil all the time I just bought it a month ago and I'm already half way through it :(... My method of application is I prime with my urban decay primer and let that set on the brows it stops the waxiness from sliding all over my face this method actually haves me liking this pencil but I won't repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

My honest opinion on the Benefit Instant Brow pencil is that it is too expensive for its quality. When I first started using it I thought it was the best thing in the world, but it runs out so easily that it is too expensive to replace on a regular basis, especially for those of you that are still at school and on a tight budget. Overall I give this product 3 out of 5 stars for great packaging, a great spoolie at the end of the pencil but too wet of a consistency and a high price.

Popular Brows Products