benefit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
benefit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)
BeneFit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium

3.2

on 10/6/2016 12:38:00 AM

So sad they're discontinuing this stuff. As a redhead with actually invisible eyebrows, Instant Brow in light was the perfect thing. I love this pencil because it's softer than all other pencil's I've tried-including Anastasia's brow definer- and the color was subtle, making it hard to screw up. I've used these pencils all the way down to the nubs probably at least 6 times in the last few years. I'll miss you Benefit Instant Brow!

on 11/18/2015 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like the way this looks, but it will be lucky to last me a month. I've sharpened it each time I use it as it uses so much product as its so soft. It's a very expensive way to use an eyebrow product. Better to spend more money on something that will last longer.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I actually really like this product, I naturally have full eyebrows, so I don't need to use a whole lot of product on them. The waxy texture is very easy to blend and it looks great on my eyebrows. I would recommend this for someone who doesn't need to do a bunch of filling in, and just is going to use it for a little definition.

on 12/1/2014 5:09:00 PM

Way to waxy it's like coloring your eyebrows in with oil pastels. There is no way this pencil can define the way it glides on.

I've never had to sharpen an eyebrow pencil so often! I find I sharpen it every time I use it, and now 3 weeks after purchasing it, I have half a pencil left. For the price I paid I expected a lot more, it's really soft and waxy, I don't find it precise at all and I'm not sure if it's just me but I find it clumps together after a while. The best thing about the product is the brush, which I'll continue to use. Once this product runs out I will not be purchasing it again.

I definitely should have checked the reviews here before wasting my money on this pencil! It's soft and waxy, and constantly needs to be sharpened. Like, every. Single. Time I use it. It's extremely frustrating.

I bought this in medium, because the SA told me that's what I needed. I find that it makes my brows come out flat and fake looking. The shade is too gray for me, and doesn't look natural at all. I have blonde hair with blue eyes, and fair skin.

on 3/2/2014 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really an awful eyebrow pencil. I can't believe how much I paid for this.
It's soft, yet somehow waxy at the same time. The pencil disappears so quickly, but I'm not sure where all the product is going?? I have to resharpen after every use and it wastes so much product.
It is useless for definition because it's so soft, but I can't use it for filling in because it looks very heavy and crusty on my eyebrows.

I got this pencil in light, but I am now using Rimmel's soft kohl eyeliner in taupe for my eyebrows, which is a similar colour, but it is less orange than this one. Rimmel's pencil is also very soft, but it is not waxy at all and there is no pulling like this pencil. And it's only 6 bucks.

on 9/12/2013 3:56:00 AM

I bought this as a treat for myself. It cost $39 at the Myer Benefit counter (Australia), and I thought that by purchasing a high end product I'd get a better product.

I have it in medium. yes it is easy to apply and to use. I find that I put it on, then use the little last brush at the end to brush it out for a more natural look, and its very easy to overbrush and remove it all.

it does wear very quickly, doesn't last that long and frankly using an angled brush and a brown neutral eyeshadow produces a better a result.

I will use this until its all gone, but I won't repurchase simply because of the outrageous price (what was I thinking?)

on 8/13/2013 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I have medium blonde brows that just need a bit of definition. I usually use a powder but while at Ulta I thought I'd splurge and give this one a shot. This is definitely a purchase I regret (should have checked here first!) not because it's an inherently bad product, but it is a terrible value. I can barely get two uses out of it without having to sharpen it, meaning I doubt this pencil would last more than a couple weeks of daily use. I actually stopped using it because I just couldn't stand to see something so expensive run out so quickly. The colour match of the lightest shade is pretty perfect but like other people have mentioned, the softness of the pencil not only means it runs out quickly but also that it doesn't really hold on to the skin- it tends to sit on the eyebrow hairs and then if you run through them with a comb/spoolie, you lose a ton of the product. I think there are definitely better and cheaper brow products out there.

on 4/12/2013 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have super fair and soft blond brows so even the ligtest brow products are often too dark for me. I have heard amazing things about the Brow Zing Palette, but the light option was obviously too dark for me... I tried this pencil in light and it seemed to be ok, so i bought it.
Next morning i tried to use it on the daylight and I was very surprised, it was super dark on me! I have to use it veeeery lightly and be extremely careful and even like this i cannot wear it during the day to work. It looks really unnatural and dark on me. What I like using it for is evenings out when i have overall heavier makeup.
What I like about it - it has a waxy texture so it holds the brows in shape, but if you are not careful with it the brows stick weirdly on to the skin.
What I dislike and was literally shocked about is that I have to sharpen it every 2-3 uses and the pencil is gonna be gone very soon. When daily used I think it would last maybe a month or so, which makes it really expensive.
It is a shame they dont have more options for the really light brows, i would probably be using it, but the color problem is a major one for me.