benefit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)

Filtered by hair type : Curly
benefit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)
BeneFit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium

2.7

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I like this. It adds a nice color to my brows and the tip is very soft, making it easy to glide/use. My only concern is that I have to sharpen this pencil RATHER often. I don't use this everyday, but I feel like if I do, I'll be out of it in 1-2 months. This is pretty pricey if I were to compare it to drugstore eyebrow pencils. I didn't find anything else wrong with this, but I won't be repurchasing.

on 8/13/2013 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I have medium blonde brows that just need a bit of definition. I usually use a powder but while at Ulta I thought I'd splurge and give this one a shot. This is definitely a purchase I regret (should have checked here first!) not because it's an inherently bad product, but it is a terrible value. I can barely get two uses out of it without having to sharpen it, meaning I doubt this pencil would last more than a couple weeks of daily use. I actually stopped using it because I just couldn't stand to see something so expensive run out so quickly. The colour match of the lightest shade is pretty perfect but like other people have mentioned, the softness of the pencil not only means it runs out quickly but also that it doesn't really hold on to the skin- it tends to sit on the eyebrow hairs and then if you run through them with a comb/spoolie, you lose a ton of the product. I think there are definitely better and cheaper brow products out there.

on 4/14/2013 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this to fill in my patchy brows. The problem is, the pencil is so soft, you have to sharpen it about every two uses. The other annoying thing is when you go to blend it, you lose 90% of your color. This was too expensive to be so disappointing. Don't waste your money. The only reason I even gave this a 2 instead of a 1 is because I like the spoolie on the end, & the actual color is nice.
ETA: I ended up giving this to my mom, she likes it a lot more than I did. *shrug*

on 4/12/2013 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have super fair and soft blond brows so even the ligtest brow products are often too dark for me. I have heard amazing things about the Brow Zing Palette, but the light option was obviously too dark for me... I tried this pencil in light and it seemed to be ok, so i bought it.
Next morning i tried to use it on the daylight and I was very surprised, it was super dark on me! I have to use it veeeery lightly and be extremely careful and even like this i cannot wear it during the day to work. It looks really unnatural and dark on me. What I like using it for is evenings out when i have overall heavier makeup.
What I like about it - it has a waxy texture so it holds the brows in shape, but if you are not careful with it the brows stick weirdly on to the skin.
What I dislike and was literally shocked about is that I have to sharpen it every 2-3 uses and the pencil is gonna be gone very soon. When daily used I think it would last maybe a month or so, which makes it really expensive.
It is a shame they dont have more options for the really light brows, i would probably be using it, but the color problem is a major one for me.

on 11/6/2012 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like the idea of this brush, a coloured wax in a pencil. I am also a big fan of the brush on the end...BUT i too much product is used on each application, i have to sharpen it on every 2nd application and i really do not feel as though i am using a whole heap of product.....a lot of product doesn't go very far.

I wont be purchasing this product again as it works out too expensive.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

UPDATE: For anyone that likes to know, I have had this for about 2 weeks now, a bit more probably and have used nearly half of it as I have to sharpen everytime I use it. I have replaced with a Clinique one which I much prefer as it's harder so hopefully will last a bit longer.

I bought this in Medium when my MAC eyebrow crayon ran out. I like the fact it has the spooly brush thing on the end. The colour is good - more ashy than other (drugstore) brands I have tried. I own BrowZings as well, but needed a pencil for those days when I don't have enough time for that.

Well. I don't not like this pencil, but it's going to need replacing really, really quickly. It is so soft, I have had to sharpen it every time I have used it. I have to use so much to make it even, then use the brush to neaten. Then the brush lifts a lot of it off....so I end up using even more!

Really wish I'd shopped around a little more before buying this, but I just didn't have time.

I won't be repurchasing this, and unless I find something cheaper than the aforementioned MAC (Spiked BTW) then I guess I will be buying another of those soon.

Popular Brows Products