BeneFit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
BeneFit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)
BeneFit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium

3.2

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have Brow Zings in my makeup kit and knowing I like some Benefit's products and recently had the need to buy a new eyebrow pencil. I recently purchased this product through Myer's flagship store last week.

I use my Brow Zings when I have time to apply the product (takes me good 10-15 mins of perfecting my brows) and I like using eyebrow pencils when I'm in a rush. My usual go-to products for brows are:

Essence eyebrow pencils in dark brown shade
IT Cosmetics Brow Power in universal taupe.

Benefit's Instant Brow Pencil came in a dainty box that feels glamorous and the dual-sided pencil is in the box, being the end is the product and the other a spoolie. I like the feeling of the spoolie if you ask me, the brush is quite soft and the product, on the other hand, is buttery soft and very creamy.

When I swatched and tested this in the store, I loved the product's blendable and smooth application while remaining to be quite waxy to stay put throughout the day. I bought the product and gave it a test run for a week till I decided to write a review of it.

I like how easy it is to make your brows soft and natural with this product. The colour matches my hair and skin tone perfectly and the volume and fullness this product gives my brows. I have quite thick eyebrows and it fills the gaps in perfectly.

The gripes I have with this product were having to sharpen them constantly every single application, the pencil not sharpening as pretty as it should (though the product perfectly works on my sharpener) and my product is already sliding in and out of the pencil. It was quite a surprise to find my product already halfway out of the pencil. It is also pretty quick to finish the pencil and it makes me feel cheap regarding the product. I don't want to find myself constantly in their store buying this product at all.

Probably, I might end up buying another high-end product till I am satisfied with my eyebrow product or go back to my Essence brow products again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

There are superior products to this at the drugstore. This pencil is too creamy and can smear easily. I will not purchase.

on 3/2/2014 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really an awful eyebrow pencil. I can't believe how much I paid for this.
It's soft, yet somehow waxy at the same time. The pencil disappears so quickly, but I'm not sure where all the product is going?? I have to resharpen after every use and it wastes so much product.
It is useless for definition because it's so soft, but I can't use it for filling in because it looks very heavy and crusty on my eyebrows.

I got this pencil in light, but I am now using Rimmel's soft kohl eyeliner in taupe for my eyebrows, which is a similar colour, but it is less orange than this one. Rimmel's pencil is also very soft, but it is not waxy at all and there is no pulling like this pencil. And it's only 6 bucks.

on 2/9/2014 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am very disappointed with this brow pencil. I normally use a wax and a powder but thought I would try a pencil for a change to compare. I bought it in medium and think it comes up very dark, it also draws on like a crayon, flattening my brows to my skin even when I apply it as softly as possible. Please do not waste your money. There are much better brow products out there.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

My honest opinion on the Benefit Instant Brow pencil is that it is too expensive for its quality. When I first started using it I thought it was the best thing in the world, but it runs out so easily that it is too expensive to replace on a regular basis, especially for those of you that are still at school and on a tight budget. Overall I give this product 3 out of 5 stars for great packaging, a great spoolie at the end of the pencil but too wet of a consistency and a high price.

on 1/22/2013 10:06:00 AM

This eyebrow pencil is a really handy tool to keep in your makeup bag. I have it in medium which suited me well as I have naturally brown and thick eyebrows and I just wanted to add a little more density to them. The spoolie (brush) is great for blending the waxy crayon into your eyebrows to create a soft look as well as keeping them going all the right way.

One flaw I have found is that the crayon can become slightly congealed on your brow and when you brush this it can flake off. Aswell as this, I think the price is very expensive for what it is as you could essentially recreate the product using an old mascara brush and a brown eyeliner. But if you do want to fork out for it, I would say go ahead as I don't consider it a waste of money.

****I've included a before and after picture in product info****

on 6/8/2012 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

FINALLY a brow pencil that does what it's supposed to do ! Besides the fact that this pencil was obscenely over priced at $30, I love it ! The colour, texture, and staying power are perf !

The only other eyebrow product I have ever been satisfied with is the Laura Mercier eyebrow wax, but I'm definitely keeping the benefit pencil as a staple now too, it's a lot easier to apply than the LM and covers bare spots more seamlessly.

on 6/3/2012 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

My biggest issue with this pencil is that its too soft. When I use a pencil to do my brow I like to make soft little lines and then use the brow pencil to smudge them SLIGHTLY.

This is so darn soft it just SMEARS everywhere. The colors also not flattering.

on 12/22/2011 7:31:00 PM

Okay, this stuff is really great. The light color is a good match for my blonde hair and the waxy texture keeps my hairs in place. However, you have to sharpen this every other day because it's so soft. I just bought the pencil last week and I'm already a third of the way through it. I can't justify the price for how fast it's going to run out!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Absolute WORST brow pencil I have ever used, for the price I expected much better, doesn't even compare to the 6 dollar brow pencil I usually get. The color goes on terrible, it's either so light that you can't see it or way to dark and it becomes dull SO quickly I have to constantly sharpen it, and it doesn't sharpen well, you can't get it very pointy and therefore can't create very precise or straight lines whatsoever. Extremely disappointed.

Popular Brows Products