BeneFit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
BeneFit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)
BeneFit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium

2.9

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This brow pencil is too soft and waxy. I have to sharpen it every single time I use , even though I use it on my eyebrow really gently. The colour pigments easily goes or fall down all over your face, which can be irritating for my sensitive skin. And it is very fast to be finished just in 2 months. Really pricy. Definitely won't purchase this again.

on 2/9/2014 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I am very disappointed with this brow pencil. I normally use a wax and a powder but thought I would try a pencil for a change to compare. I bought it in medium and think it comes up very dark, it also draws on like a crayon, flattening my brows to my skin even when I apply it as softly as possible. Please do not waste your money. There are much better brow products out there.

on 8/26/2013 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Think of a waxy crayon - that is what this product is. I bought it at a time when i was experimenting with lots of different eyebrows products. The color is subtle but i cannot for the life of me understand why this has to be like this. My eyebrows are not thick and when i use this product the hairs are flattened against the skin in this waxy substance. I use the spooly and half the product gets removed and then you have to repeat the application. I really did try time and again to make this work. It was not an inexpensive investment, but today was the final straw ... It now sits in the garbage.

on 8/13/2013 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I have medium blonde brows that just need a bit of definition. I usually use a powder but while at Ulta I thought I'd splurge and give this one a shot. This is definitely a purchase I regret (should have checked here first!) not because it's an inherently bad product, but it is a terrible value. I can barely get two uses out of it without having to sharpen it, meaning I doubt this pencil would last more than a couple weeks of daily use. I actually stopped using it because I just couldn't stand to see something so expensive run out so quickly. The colour match of the lightest shade is pretty perfect but like other people have mentioned, the softness of the pencil not only means it runs out quickly but also that it doesn't really hold on to the skin- it tends to sit on the eyebrow hairs and then if you run through them with a comb/spoolie, you lose a ton of the product. I think there are definitely better and cheaper brow products out there.

on 4/12/2013 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have super fair and soft blond brows so even the ligtest brow products are often too dark for me. I have heard amazing things about the Brow Zing Palette, but the light option was obviously too dark for me... I tried this pencil in light and it seemed to be ok, so i bought it.
Next morning i tried to use it on the daylight and I was very surprised, it was super dark on me! I have to use it veeeery lightly and be extremely careful and even like this i cannot wear it during the day to work. It looks really unnatural and dark on me. What I like using it for is evenings out when i have overall heavier makeup.
What I like about it - it has a waxy texture so it holds the brows in shape, but if you are not careful with it the brows stick weirdly on to the skin.
What I dislike and was literally shocked about is that I have to sharpen it every 2-3 uses and the pencil is gonna be gone very soon. When daily used I think it would last maybe a month or so, which makes it really expensive.
It is a shame they dont have more options for the really light brows, i would probably be using it, but the color problem is a major one for me.

on 12/18/2011 9:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been searching for a natural-looking brow pencil for a long time, and I have finally found it. I use the "Light" shade, and I have light brown honey-colored hair.

This pencil is the exact same shade as my brows, which is why it works so well for me. I'd recommend swatching it in the store to see if you have a good match before buying since everyone's brows are different.

The texture is smooth and soft, so I don't feel like I'm drawing on my face with a hard pencil. In comparison to the Dior Blonde brow pencil, which seems to be a popular one, the Benefit pencil is softer, less red and more of an ashy blond color.

I love the little brow brush on the other end- it's exactly what I need to make my brows look less like a muppet. They don't call Benefit the brow experts for nothin'.

on 8/3/2011 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this in medium a few days ago and I can tell it is already HG for me! I got my brows done at BeneFit's brow bar and the SA recommended this for filling in my brows. I fell in love with how natural it looked, but still made my brows look great. The spoolie really helps during application and the consistency helps keep my brows in place because with my asian brows, the hair sticks out instead of laying flat. I definitely recommend this !

on 4/21/2011 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Every once in awhile I go psycho on my brows and either pluck them into little lines, or just cut them off completely with a microtrimmer. I know it doesn't make any sense, but I guess that's how I deal with my frustrations in life. They mostly grow back in okay. :) So I cut off both my eyebrows and needed to draw them back on in a way that looks semi-realistic. I looked around in my small Sephora Inside J.C. Penney, found this and bought it in the Deep color, since brunette drawn-on brows look odd with my very dark brown hair. This is a soft almost gray black. The gray looks a little weird so I put on a dark brown neutral color (Revlon Brown Suede eyeshadow) over it and it looks a lot better. I pat a little powder on top to tone down the darkness a bit and that helps as well. So far I'm pretty happy with this, it seems like it isn't going to budge with an accidental smudge. I find it works a little better for me now that the sharp point is worn down, because the lines were a bit too sharp for the semi-natural drawn on eyebrow look I was going for.

on 8/5/2010 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is a wonderful brow pencil; I really love how nice and smooth it is. There are very few brow pencils that make my eyebrows look natural, as they are dark blonde- this does it flawlessly. Been using it for about a year now. It does run out fast for a pencil, but not a crazy amount. Don't bear down really hard, or chunks might come out in your eyebrows. Love it! <3

on 7/2/2010 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This eyebrow pencil made my brows look so awesome BUT i was going broke using it! It is super easy to use and fast! I loved filling in the brows then flipping it over and using the brush on the other end to smooth the lines and make them perfectly natural but my gosh the price is just not acceptable. $26CDN for a pencil. NOPE! I'll be switching to brow zings because I don't mind paying a higher price for a decent supply.

Popular Brows Products