BeneFit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)

Filtered by skin type : Normal
BeneFit Cosmetics Instant Brow Pencil (All Colors)
BeneFit Instant Brow Pencil in Medium

3.7

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I have Brow Zings in my makeup kit and knowing I like some Benefit's products and recently had the need to buy a new eyebrow pencil. I recently purchased this product through Myer's flagship store last week.

I use my Brow Zings when I have time to apply the product (takes me good 10-15 mins of perfecting my brows) and I like using eyebrow pencils when I'm in a rush. My usual go-to products for brows are:

Essence eyebrow pencils in dark brown shade
IT Cosmetics Brow Power in universal taupe.

Benefit's Instant Brow Pencil came in a dainty box that feels glamorous and the dual-sided pencil is in the box, being the end is the product and the other a spoolie. I like the feeling of the spoolie if you ask me, the brush is quite soft and the product, on the other hand, is buttery soft and very creamy.

When I swatched and tested this in the store, I loved the product's blendable and smooth application while remaining to be quite waxy to stay put throughout the day. I bought the product and gave it a test run for a week till I decided to write a review of it.

I like how easy it is to make your brows soft and natural with this product. The colour matches my hair and skin tone perfectly and the volume and fullness this product gives my brows. I have quite thick eyebrows and it fills the gaps in perfectly.

The gripes I have with this product were having to sharpen them constantly every single application, the pencil not sharpening as pretty as it should (though the product perfectly works on my sharpener) and my product is already sliding in and out of the pencil. It was quite a surprise to find my product already halfway out of the pencil. It is also pretty quick to finish the pencil and it makes me feel cheap regarding the product. I don't want to find myself constantly in their store buying this product at all.

Probably, I might end up buying another high-end product till I am satisfied with my eyebrow product or go back to my Essence brow products again.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This a a tinted wax that runs out very quickly, I thought it would be less waxy but it's good for making a shape and putting powder over it so it doesn't slide anywhere. But sharpening it losses alot of products so take the wax with a bush for a more precise shape without wasting it all

on 12/1/2014 5:09:00 PM

Way to waxy it's like coloring your eyebrows in with oil pastels. There is no way this pencil can define the way it glides on.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I like this. It adds a nice color to my brows and the tip is very soft, making it easy to glide/use. My only concern is that I have to sharpen this pencil RATHER often. I don't use this everyday, but I feel like if I do, I'll be out of it in 1-2 months. This is pretty pricey if I were to compare it to drugstore eyebrow pencils. I didn't find anything else wrong with this, but I won't be repurchasing.

I've always been afraid of penciling my eyebrows due to how fake and ugly it looks on some women but this pencil gives a very natural look to your eyebrows. I have thin eyebrows that naturally don't have much shape to them but this pencil helps them look thicker and more shapely. I recommend using the comb first to shape your eyebrows, pencil in your eyebrows (conservatively) then taking the comb over them again to give them a lighter, wispy and more natural look. Worth the money (about $20). Hope this helps!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Excellent brow pencil. I've used all types of brow makeup from powder to wax to mascara type wands and pencils. This is by far the easiest and fastest to apply and looks natural. The pencil has a slight creamy texture which makes it smooth to apply. The one con is it only comes in light, medium or deep. They used to make a medium-deep shade which was perfect for my lt-med Asian skin and dark brown hair. Oh well, the medium works too.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Gorgeous pencil, BUT, I think it's a bit of a swizz that it won't sharpen in normal pencil sharpeners. I found this out because I tried a few times and ground it down really badly. So then you have to go and buy a special Benefit one that costs about 4.

But the pencil is great. Colour is perfect for my brows, and the brush on the other end is amazing - it really shapes your brows so so easily.

on 7/31/2010 1:23:00 AM

I took this product back;luckily you can on high-end purchases like these. I hated the waxy build-up,and the crayon just too soft--I used it ONE time and the tip was all smashed down, and I really have a light touch when applying my makeup but this baby made it hard to go light; it's so soft! The color is ok,it was much more ashy than others,but I couldn't get the hang of it. I do see in a review below that I might have misunderstood the technique (which was NOT explained to me by the SA) being that it is waxy and that you can use the texture to tame unruly brows. But I still don't see how,if I were putting more on a particular hair in order to tame it,I would not end up with blotches of color since this waxy pencil has alot of pigment! Anyway...

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I agree with some of the criticisms of this product but ultimately, it gets my vote because it gives me full, natural-looking brows like no other pencil I have tried. The cream-to-powder texture worried me initially as I thought it would be difficult to apply neatly and that it would rub off easily. With regular sharpening of the pencil and careful, light application, it's not too difficult to define and thicken brows with precision and control. The pencil sticks the brow hairs down and makes them look terrible, but the brush is the saving grace and when combed through the brows it separates, neatens and grooms them beautifully. A brow gel or wax is required to set the brows. The pencil does wear down quickly and requires regular sharpening, which can be irksome. I've moved away from MAC Eyebrows, as I've found it too precise, making my eyebrows look drawn on and rather fake. Overall, I'm happier with the fuller, more natural look I get from BeneFit Instant Brow Pencil.

Popular Brows Products